Gro Clock

Gro Clock

Kez

KezAU

Disappointed

Purchased in May 2020 at Dick Smith for $49.95.

Kirst

KirstSydney, NSW

Disappointed

Someone bought this for me in 2016 when I was pregnant and we have had it packed away until today. We opened it up today and the pictures and clock don't light up fully.

Purchased in September 2016 at Myer.

Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

Great concept terrible manufacturing

Within 6mo bits from the screen started to disappear until it was no longer working. No matter what we tried nothing would work. There is no warranty - esp after it had worked for about 6 months. Now we don't even know the best environmentally responsible way to dispose of it. Very sad.

Purchased in January 2017 for $50.00.

Night Lights

Find out how Gro Clock compares to other Night Lights

Good idea, poor quality

We loved this to start with and our son learned to wait in bed until the sun came up. However like several other reviews have stated, parts of the display started disappearing after 6 months. We took the clock back for a replacement and were told our unit was the only one they’d ever seen with this fault (which clearly isn’t true, reading these reviews).

The replacement clock had exactly the same problem, and again the store expressed surprise. This time I didn’t bother getting a replacement.

In short: good idea, but very disappointing quality especially considering it’s not a cheap item. I definitely wouldn’t get another one.

Purchased in April 2017 at Baby Bunting for $60.00.

izogi

izogiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Would be great if not for low build quality

Purchased in December 2016.

DaniTheGirl

DaniTheGirlAU

Sub standard

Ang T

Ang TPerth

Difficult to program, didn’t keep to time (ran fast)

I found this clock very difficult to program. Once programmed and working it then gained time, waking earlier and earlier each day. It just ended up confusing my son. Other cons with the design: blue night light and no back up battery. Only used for a week then ended in the bin. Unfortunately I had brought the clock ahead of time as I had heard how great it was so it was out of warranty.

Settings were invented by a Chimp

My daughter and I loved the way the clock gently transitioned from the sunny Sun to starry Star. My daughter smiled and I nodded reassuringly. It was all downhill from there as the alarm beeped away at 2am for the next 2 days. By the 3rd night I'd given up trying to work out how to turn the alarm off and half the other changes I needed to make this clock functional and now it resides, part of the landfill at our local dump. This over priced light bulb simply adds to the frustration in the day of typical time poor parents. I'm going back to a good old night light that worked well for my other two children.

AjB

AjBNSW

Don't buy this product!

We bought this when my daughter was around 2. It appeared to work but to be honest it was the same time when clocks were going back to regular time. In the summer months she is now back to 6am wake ups! A number of my friends have given up on the clock too!
I wouldn't buy this again.

Night Lights

Find out how Gro Clock compares to other Night Lights

Nicola

NicolaNSW, 1595

Great idea, but wrong colours!

Blue light suppresses melatonin, the stuff we need to sleep. The clock concept is great, but it actually stimulates and disturbs sleep instead of encouraging it. Kids get the "wait for the sun" concept, but their sleep patterns are being disturbed. If they can get the colours right, this would be a great product.
Kids love the concept
The blue light is a poor choice and actively disturbs sleep

keg

kegGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

• Selected Review

Waste of money

Lisa2575
Lisa2575

Maybe put the clock out of reach?

G.K

G.KMackay

Disappointing

Good idea, poorly executed

Jenna W.

Jenna W.asked

Our gro clock keeps turning yellow before the set wake up time. We have followed the instructions exactly and every morning our clock has been set for 6.10 however my son comes out at 6 and the yellow sun is already on. We tried locking it last night.
Not sure what we are doing wrong?

Luke T.

Luke T.asked

Does any one know why before the set sleep time why the start comes out?

stephen m.

stephen m.asked

Gro clock has been working fine for months; over last three days set the clock on the "sun" time to activate the clocks sunrise for the next morning at 0730 hrs. However the next morning the screen is still showing 8+ stars and has the blue nigh time screen.Suggestions please ? Thank you

Alannah A.
Alannah A.

Mine to would love to know why

Sinead M.
Sinead M.

This has happened to mine also. It’s like it’s gone in to a 24hour timing. I find it really ‘clunky’ to use also. Something that should be really straightforward

Get an answer from our members and Gro Company representatives