Guide Dogs Pet Insurance
See the Best Pet Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Guide Dogs Pet Insurance

• 1-2 months (15)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (153) · No

Good help

I have just lodged a claim and it was paid very promptly thank you. The claim was lodged by the Pet Hospital where I took my dog so that was very little that I had to do.

Peace of mind

We have pet insurance for peace of mind, knowing that decisions we make for Doug's health won't be driven by our lack of capacity to pay thousands of dollars in vet bills. To date we (thankfully) haven't needed to use it for anything too scary, but even for standard, run-of-the-mill issues (most recently, an ear infection) the claim process was straightforward and quick. In fact, the receptionist does it for us automatically!

Number of Pets-2 pets
Claim DateSeptember 2021

Good so far

Submitted claim claim for my pet dog form online. No problem filling the form, it was quite easy.
The claim was settled in two weeks and payment was deposited into our nominated bank account.

HappyBunny
HappyBunny

Very good pet insurance, would recommend.

This is a genuine and unbiased customer review. I'm very happy with Guide Dogs pet insurance so far. We've had our dog for a little over 2 years and every claim has been reviewed and paid promptly. Whilst the premium is expensive, I've elected not to pay an excess and get up to 85% of each claim back. We just had a cancer scare for our little pup (yes even at this young age) and I felt comfortable that Guide Dogs would have our back.

Claim DateSeptember 2021

jordynGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst insurance i have ever recieved

I have comprehensive insurance with 80% payback bills, they have paid less than 50% back on my last bill. and rejected 3 of my claims.
I am paying over $100 per month for over a year and been the biggest waste of money ever.

so many terms and conditions, make sure you read them all before signing up. apparently there is a limit on consultations you can have.

jordyn

You are more than welcome to

Hi Jordyn,
Thank you for your reply. I have passed this matter on to the relevant team and a Senior team member will be in contact with you to discuss further.
Alisa

CarrieSydney, NSW

No worth the money

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Hi Carrie,
I understand that you have been in touch with our Internal Dispute Resolution team (IDR) regarding your concern. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Hi
Yes I advised that I had spoken to a senior
Previously, and as per the notes you referred to.
My review is how I feel and won’t change. I will continue to complete the reviews and build awareness of the bad policy with guide dogs :(

Ginny
GinnyTasmania

Brilliant service

During period of distress with what appeared to be a seriously sick dog. The response from Guide Dogs was processed efficiently and effectively. the advance notice that the claim is being dealt with is very helpful - thank you.
Having been previously with another service provider who tried to claim 9 mths insurance premium when the pet was dead was very distressing and frankly unethical.

Number of Pets2 pets
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Loren T.
Loren T.Perth, WA

The vet sent the claim off on my behalf of me and had the money back in my account within a week! Really quick and easy service with guide dogs.

Claim DateJanuary 2020

Gerry
Gerry

First time I had a claim and it was great that the Vet could lodge the claim for me

Fairly good value but would have liked necessary vaccinations to be included in the Comprehensive Cover.
My claim was handled very quickly within 7 days and I was kept up to date that it was being processed.
For about 2 years

Tracey RehbergCentral Queensland, QLD

Perfect product

We have been with this company for over a year & very very happy. Easy to lodge a claim & very quick to process my claim...it was instant at my vets. Wouldn't be without our policy & wouldn't hesitate in recommending Guide Digs Insurance.

Hi Tracey,
We are delighted to hear of your satisfaction relating to your policy, it is great to know that we could be of assistance. Thank you for sharing your lovely words with us, we appreciate your wonderful feedback.

Tracey Rehberg

Your most welcome.......we have another pup arriving in 4 weeks time, so we'll give you a call to get insurance fir him also.

Hi Tracey,
That is wonderful news, we look forward in asisting you and your new pup soon!

Saved so much !

Our dog did her ACL and Guide Dogs insurance were very helpful when I called and the refunds were fast! It saved us so much money out of a very expensive procedure !

Other Pet Insurance

Only option available for older dogs

Relatively easy to set up.
Claiming was pretty easy and quick to resolve.
Have been with Guide Dogs insurance for 2 years I think it is.
Not easy getting cover for older dogs though. You loose a lot of cover the older your pooch gets unfortunately.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Hi Frances,
It is great to hear that you have been with Guide Dogs Insurance for 2 years, and that you have found your policy easy to set up. We appreciate your feedback and your continued loyalty and support.

Mark G.
Mark G.Perth, WA

Guide Dog Pet Insurance A great cause and invaluable product

This is great value. I highly recommend this product and insurer. We have had issues with our Labrador, and they have been prompt and and very easy to deal with

Great!

Great product. Tends to cover more than similar companies and always quick to respond to claims (no later than 3-5 days). A little more on the expensive side but worth it when you look at what you get back. Have been with them for almost 4 years and always had really great service!

Mich
MichMelbourne

Easy to make a claim

Being able to make a claim online made the whole process so easy. Upload the invoice and vet notes and within one business day the claim was processed. Much appreciated.

Number of Pets0 pets

Dee
Deeasked
Guide Dogs Pet Insurance

What is the annual limit for routine care optional cover?

Hi Dee,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. Our Routine Care option pays up to $80 per year to help with items such as health checks and vaccinations. $15 per year for heartworm test or blood screen, $15 per year for Felv/Fiv test or urinalysis as well as a $50 annual benefit for one of the following; alternative therapies, behavioural therapy, council registration fees, cremation or burial, dental illness, de-sexing, dewclaw removal, flea/tick/worm control, heartworm control, micro-chipping, obedience training, prescription diets, teeth cleaning and vaccinations or health checks.
If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to send me a private message noting your contact details and I will arrange for a member of our team to contact you.
Jessica

Samantha M.
Samantha M.asked

Hi
I am just wondering if Guide dogs pet insurance cover for Common Breed/ health issues like:
Anaemia, Spinal Disease,Cranial cruciate ligament (CCL), Cranial cruciate ligament (CCL), Ingestion of foreign body and After hour consultation.

Sam

Hi Sam,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. Our website contains a breakdown as to what is covered within our plans and what is excluded; https://www.guidedogsinsurance.org.au/dog-insurance. Included within this breakdown, we do cover after-hours emergency visits and cruciate ligament conditions after a 6 month waiting period, which may be waived on application. If you would like to discuss further, I can arrange for one of our team members to reach out to assist. I have sent you a private message to obtain contact details.
Jessica

Accidental Injury Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverOptional Extra
Tick Paralysis$2,000$2,000$1,500
Emergency Boarding FeesCovered when you, the sole carer, are hospitalised for more than four dayCovered when you, the sole carer, are hospitalised for more than four dayCovered when you, the sole carer, are hospitalised for more than four day
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period30 Days30 Days30 Days
Consultation Fees$300$300$300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions$3,200 (6 month waiting period)$3,200 (6 month waiting period)$3,200 (6 month waiting period)
Waiting Period for Illness 30 Days30 Days30 Days