Guide Dogs Pet Insurance
See the Best Pet Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Guide Dogs Pet Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (3)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (1)
Pam
PamVictoria

Make you understand what you are covered for

Not good value. They respond quickly to claims but my issue was not resolved
3 years but can’t change because other companies won’t insure for pre existing so you are stuck

Great cover and claiming, unacceptable yearly increase of ~30%

Awesome cover, easy to claim. But you can't hike the price over 33% after one year with no explanation. Appreciate there are many factors but none of them are related to my dog. He's 100% healthy with no conditions. Also, age kept being mentioned, he's one ! Saved $600 moving to another premium product.

Leigh d
Leigh dHunter Region, NSW

Dog insurance

Good service, but even with premium care you get next to nothing for your refund. I have been with guid dogs insurance for 3 yrs I’m not happy but can’t change because I won’t be covered & it doesn’t help the guide dogs.

NeilCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Beware of fine print

At sign up there is an option to have a $50 excess on new conditions! This was NOT made very clear. I have premium care and this should NOT be applied.

Hi Neil,
Thank you for providing you policy details. I have raised your concerns with our team to look into further and to contact you to assist further.

LauraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to use system

I have been with Guide Dogs pet insurance for 10 months now. Claiming process is normally easy (system has been down for the last week now) always processed and approved within days and money follows approx 24/48 hours later.

Setting up my policy was easy, all done online. Only issue for me was, this premium policy (very expensive compared to other providers) does not cover maintenance, things like desexing. I would have expected this. Only covers accidents and illness. Given I pay $108 per month I would have expected everything to be covered.

I wanted to support 'Guide dogs' and picked them for that reason, even though they are certainly not the cheapest product on the market.

Laura

No one called, as promised. After I posted my review I received an email with the above info.

Hi Laura,
Thank you for letting me know and I am sorry that you haven't received a call. I will follow up on this with our team.

Julia
JuliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

A decent product but the website is clunky.

I’ve had my 2 dogs on comprehensive cover for about 6 months and had a few claims already. While I’ve had no issues with the cover itself, the website is clunky, logs you out, jams up even though the process to lodge a claim is quite easy. If the website gets sorted it will be good cover which I’d be happy to recommend.

Greg
GregSouthwest, VIC

Guide Dog Pet Insurance

Easy to set up.
Office hours on email different to phoning in. Email says 8am to 8pm Mon to Fri (AEST). When ringing at 5.30pm on a Tuesday, message says office hours 9am to 5.00pm.
Also, email states underwriter will get back to me within 5 working days. It is now 7 working days and still nothing. Not impressed.

Hi Greg,
Thank you for providing us with the opportunity to look into your experience. I understand that our team have been in contact with you to discuss your application and steps moving forward.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Angel
AngelHunter Region, NSW

Haven't had time to use it yet so I 'm not sure how good it is.

First time with you guys . No claims as yet . Very easy to set up. Need to get cruciate ligament check on puppy and he will be covered for any problems later on. Also have routine care.

Andrew
Andrew

Some teething issues, but resolved quickly once contacted.

I didn't originally receive my welcome pack details, but after contacting them a few weeks later they sorted the issue with little fuss. Would have been better if they validated that I had received it in the first place - but no issues now.

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I am sorry for the delay in receiving your welcome pack. However, I am pleased to hear that our team were able to have this quickly resolved for you.

Annie
AnnieGippsland, VIC

Good pet insurance but how do you register on the portal, it’s well hidden, can find login but not for new customers,

Easy to set up but cannot register, please advise how, I am reasonably computer literate but where is the To Register bit? No claims made yet, would be tricky as I cannot register.

Claim Made No
Daryl
DarylCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not sure if it’s worth it

Most things we tried to claim are not covered and every time we tried, we were asked numerous times for full medical history from the vet, even though we had given it to them.

Hi Daryl,
We’re sorry to hear about your recent claiming experience. I have sent you a private message as we would like to look into this further.

Mar
Mar

Still not sure.

Average value. Several errors on certificate of insurance, entered correct details online and advised over phone several times. On review thinking of canceling for older dog as covers nothing needed.

Hi Mar,
Thank you for providing these details. I will pass your feedback onto the relevant team to have a senior team member contact about your experience.

Hi Mar,
I understand that a senior team member has reached out to you by email and rectified Asher's details. Your feedback has also been passed onto the relevant team for coaching to be provided where appropriate.

Nicola
NicolaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not overly happy

I feel its overpriced for our two dogs. Increased premium massively since last year. Good to pay out claims. Not great on phone when I queried the increased premium. I will probably cancel soon

Hi Nicola,
Thank you for providing us with your policy details and the opportunity to look into your experience. As mentioned, I have passed your feedback on for coaching/training purposes.

Sonya
SonyaDarwin, NT

Great value but difficult to maje payment to start policy

After looking at umpteen different policies, settled on Guide Dogs pet ins as it has the highest capping of $15,000 for their Silver policy. There were slightly cheaper policies on market which would have been almost as good eg RSPCA.
However, i couldn't pay for the policy and not because i didnt have the $! After several days n repeated tries, i gave up!!! Site kept pausing. Was contacted umpteen times by telemarketers and ended up purchasing it on phone, but not before she also had trouble setting it up.
Policy might seem to have a lot of benefits, but if the past week of nonsense with trying to start policy is anything to go by, we will be having a Very rocky relationship!

Hi Sonya,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you and I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information.

Nick
NickPerth, WA

Aggressive Sales Tactics

Dee
Deeasked
Guide Dogs Pet Insurance

What is the annual limit for routine care optional cover?

Hi Dee,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. Our Routine Care option pays up to $80 per year to help with items such as health checks and vaccinations. $15 per year for heartworm test or blood screen, $15 per year for Felv/Fiv test or urinalysis as well as a $50 annual benefit for one of the following; alternative therapies, behavioural therapy, council registration fees, cremation or burial, dental illness, de-sexing, dewclaw removal, flea/tick/worm control, heartworm control, micro-chipping, obedience training, prescription diets, teeth cleaning and vaccinations or health checks.
If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to send me a private message noting your contact details and I will arrange for a member of our team to contact you.

Samantha M.
Samantha M.asked

Hi
I am just wondering if Guide dogs pet insurance cover for Common Breed/ health issues like:
Anaemia, Spinal Disease,Cranial cruciate ligament (CCL), Cranial cruciate ligament (CCL), Ingestion of foreign body and After hour consultation.

Sam

Hi Sam,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. Our website contains a breakdown as to what is covered within our plans and what is excluded; https://www.guidedogsinsurance.org.au/dog-insurance. Included within this breakdown, we do cover after-hours emergency visits and cruciate ligament conditions after a 6 month waiting period, which may be waived on application. If you would like to discuss further, I can arrange for one of our team members to reach out to assist. I have sent you a private message to obtain contact details.

Get an answer from our members and Guide Dogs Pet Insurance representatives

Accidental Injury Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverOptional Extra
Tick Paralysis$2,000$2,000$1,500
Emergency Boarding FeesCovered when you, the sole carer, are hospitalised for more than four dayCovered when you, the sole carer, are hospitalised for more than four dayCovered when you, the sole carer, are hospitalised for more than four day
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period30 Days30 Days30 Days
Consultation Fees$300$300$300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions$3,200 (6 month waiting period)$3,200 (6 month waiting period)$3,200 (6 month waiting period)
Waiting Period for Illness 30 Days30 Days30 Days