Gurkhas Travel

Gurkhas Travel

Listing monitored by Gurkhas Travel

• Trip Completed Yes (12) · No (42)
  • Ease of Booking

Scam. Company processed my refund and has since liquidated with giving me my money.

Told me apply for refund and wait for 15-17 weeks. But in the business govt page it states the company has since gone into liquidation. So basically took the refund of many people and said bye without informing anyone. Disgusting.

Agha
AghaSydney, NSW

Endless texted messages

I have never travelled with them. Yet every week they text from a different mobile number. Approached them to take my number off but 3 requests later, I am still getting them.

Saikat
SaikatSouth East Queensland, QLD

No refund received after 10 months

Its now been more than 10 months and I shave still not received the refund. I approached ACCC but of no use. I am planning to approach VCAT. I am not sure someone has already done that. It might also be a waste of time. I think we should combine our efforts.

Find out how Gurkhas Travel compares to other Booking Services

Promised refund but they are gone

I was told I will get refund after 15 weeks due to cancellation.( flight canceled due to corona)
Never got my money back, it has been over 9 months.
Tried to call them no answer, email no answer.
Airline is refunding money but Gurkhas not giving it back to customers.
Very disappointing.

FRAUD

Facing similar experience, money was taken and never refunded, however airlines are refunding money. They have registered a new business apparently same industry, and i am assuming they will soon declare bankruptcy. New business name is "INDIA 2 HOME". Please find the attached evidence for new business registration in sept 2020

Terrible Service and not responding to email or phone call anymore

This organization is closed and scammed a lot of people by not returning the money.

After waiting and chasing these people for 7 months for my money related to cancelled booking, they have closed there business and opened up an other company with different name.

Tess A.
Tess A.Hunter Region, NSW

6 months waiting for a refund

I was advised back in April I was entitled to a refund for airfares booked. 6 months later and I am still being told the same story every time I contact [name removed] he will send out another chaser to there supplier & then I never hear back from him. I have contacted the ACCC & DEPT OF FAIR TRADE they suggested I contact the agent & ask for there suppliers contact details. I do not have any faith that this process will lead to my refund in which case my next step will be taking legal action!!!!

Cannot imagine a more terrible service

We had booked through Gurkha travels for travel to USA and the onward journey completed before covid disruptions. Since the return flight was cancelled by the airline, they agreed to rebook through an alternate airline but since the ticket booked through Gurkha, the airline wanted it to be routed through the agent. I tried day after day to get them to contact the airline for the rebooking, but response from the travel agent was miserable. Every time they will take the details and say they will call back in an hour but never do anything about it. After weeks of trying to get them to act, I gave up and booked a fresh ticket at a loss of a few thousand dollars loss. Never again will be foolish enough to book through this service.

Excellent customer service

I had booked tickets to US and canclled due to covid19. Customer consultant Avneet was very kind enough to promise me to organise full refund with dectucting service charge of $ 125po. She was very patient and helful. Very happy with her service.

Booking TypeFlights
Bhupinder Singh
Bhupinder SinghGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very bad experience

I cancelled 4 tickets through Aditya Thakur on 22nd October, 2019 and I have been told that after deducting 450 per ticket I’ll get the remaining amount of 2,400 $ (approx.) within 12-14 weeks and today is 5th June,2020 (more than 32 weeks). I am contacting them through calls and emails from the last 2 months but they are just making excuses. Very unprofessional and careless staff.

Herman. P
Herman. P

Gurkha Travels - Dishonest and lying cheats

I was referred to Shivam by a friend and purchased a ticket to the Phillipines which was cancelled in April by Philippine airline due to the crisis. Philippine Airlines requested me to contact Gurkha travels for a full refund. Even after emailing Shivam several times all I received is excuses from Shivam and now he has just stopped replying to my emails.
The staff of Gurkha Travels have no shame or decency at all. Taking advantage of the current situation and pocketing honest peoples money.
Can someone please advice if there is any legal way that I can get the ticket fare back.
Gurkha Travel do not even deserve a rating.

Rachin
RachinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

AVOID. They are a disgrace

I booked a ticket through them flying from Melbourne to Chicago but the flight was cancelled due to COVID-19 and they charged $125 for refund when United Airlines were offering full refund. I had to cancel the tickets not because I wanted to but because the flights were grounded, so its not our fault.never ever going to use their services again

Mohammed K.
Mohammed K.Sydney, NSW

Do not book Tickets with Gurkhas Travel

Hi ,

I have booked Ticket through them and Due to Covid 19 Situation they want $50 for opening tickets or $125 for Cancelations tickets, Where all other agents or travel agencies are not Charging any amount to situation but this company want make there profit from any situation

Ramya
RamyaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible experience

I have booked my ticket for April and now due to the global covid19 scenario flights got cancelled. When I called them initially they said $100 supplier charges and I said you guys are looting people. They said will arrange callback. No calls no response to email. Now when i call them again they are saying $125 supplier fees though Malaysian airlines is giving full refund. Worst ever service. My friends booked through other agencies said they didn't pay supplier charges. They can't Give us random charges everytime we call them when airlines is giving full refund.

Read more reviews - page 2