Gurkhas Travel

Gurkhas Travel

• Trip Completed Yes (12) · No (38)
  • Ease of Booking

This organization is closed and scammed a lot of people by not returning the money.

After waiting and chasing these people for 7 months for my money related to cancelled booking, they have closed there business and opened up an other company with different name.

Tess A.

Tess A.Hunter Region, NSW

6 months waiting for a refund

I was advised back in April I was entitled to a refund for airfares booked. 6 months later and I am still being told the same story every time I contact [name removed] he will send out another chaser to there supplier & then I never hear back from him. I have contacted the ACCC & DEPT OF FAIR TRADE they suggested I contact the agent & ask for there suppliers contact details. I do not have any faith that this process will lead to my refund in which case my next step will be taking legal action!!!!

Booking TypeFlights

Cannot imagine a more terrible service

We had booked through Gurkha travels for travel to USA and the onward journey completed before covid disruptions. Since the return flight was cancelled by the airline, they agreed to rebook through an alternate airline but since the ticket booked through Gurkha, the airline wanted it to be routed through the agent. I tried day after day to get them to contact the airline for the rebooking, but response from the travel agent was miserable. Every time they will take the details and say they will call back in an hour but never do anything about it. After weeks of trying to get them to act, I gave up and booked a fresh ticket at a loss of a few thousand dollars loss. Never again will be foolish enough to book through this service.

Excellent customer service

I had booked tickets to US and canclled due to covid19. Customer consultant Avneet was very kind enough to promise me to organise full refund with dectucting service charge of $ 125po. She was very patient and helful. Very happy with her service.

Bhupinder Singh

Bhupinder SinghGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very bad experience

I cancelled 4 tickets through Aditya Thakur on 22nd October, 2019 and I have been told that after deducting 450 per ticket I’ll get the remaining amount of 2,400 $ (approx.) within 12-14 weeks and today is 5th June,2020 (more than 32 weeks). I am contacting them through calls and emails from the last 2 months but they are just making excuses. Very unprofessional and careless staff.

Herman. P

Herman. P

Gurkha Travels - Dishonest and lying cheats

I was referred to Shivam by a friend and purchased a ticket to the Phillipines which was cancelled in April by Philippine airline due to the crisis. Philippine Airlines requested me to contact Gurkha travels for a full refund. Even after emailing Shivam several times all I received is excuses from Shivam and now he has just stopped replying to my emails.
The staff of Gurkha Travels have no shame or decency at all. Taking advantage of the current situation and pocketing honest peoples money.
Can someone please advice if there is any legal way that I can get the ticket fare back.
Gurkha Travel do not even deserve a rating.

Rachin

RachinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

AVOID. They are a disgrace

I booked a ticket through them flying from Melbourne to Chicago but the flight was cancelled due to COVID-19 and they charged $125 for refund when United Airlines were offering full refund. I had to cancel the tickets not because I wanted to but because the flights were grounded, so its not our fault.never ever going to use their services again

Mohammed K.

Mohammed K.Sydney, NSW

Do not book Tickets with Gurkhas Travel

Hi ,

I have booked Ticket through them and Due to Covid 19 Situation they want $50 for opening tickets or $125 for Cancelations tickets, Where all other agents or travel agencies are not Charging any amount to situation but this company want make there profit from any situation

Booking TypeFlights and Tour
Ramya

RamyaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible experience

I have booked my ticket for April and now due to the global covid19 scenario flights got cancelled. When I called them initially they said $100 supplier charges and I said you guys are looting people. They said will arrange callback. No calls no response to email. Now when i call them again they are saying $125 supplier fees though Malaysian airlines is giving full refund. Worst ever service. My friends booked through other agencies said they didn't pay supplier charges. They can't Give us random charges everytime we call them when airlines is giving full refund.

Sharayu

Sharayumelbourne

Gurkha Travel Bullying People

#SHAMEONYOUGURKHATRAVELS making money on people's helpless situation during COVID-19. I was told i have to pay $50 per ticket to OPEN my ticket and then my brother was told he has to pay $150 to do the same. The Sales representatives are MEAN and RUDE and provide inconsistent information. They are BULLYING people in this vulnerable times when many people are in economic stress.
They refused to re-scheduling my current booking to a equivalent priced tickets showing on their own WEBSITE. They just want to make money in these hard times. I hope Singapore airlines, Malaysian airlines and many more airlines who partner with them realize how their name is getting smeared by GURKHA TRAVEL.

Bond007

Bond007

Third Class, worst company! Stay away!

Worst Third class Fraud company! Stay away at all cost! Asking for unethical admin charge when the flight was cancelled by the airlines. Have written confirmation from the airline for full refund, still they are adamant on asking admin charge.

Venkata B.

Venkata B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

gurkhas sucking blood of customers

World was worried about corona virus and travel bans but these people were really happy and were squeezing the money out of vulnerable situation of corona customers these pathogens will face the same situation one day

Very Bad Service and Customer communication skill

Since morning, Trying to contact but they not answer the call and email. Suddenly, connected and discussed to cancel the tickets they said that they charged $600 for the cancellation where Thai Airways charged only $50 for the cancellation. Rest of the $550 is their own charges of cancellation. Also they give new fare difference as $500 of reschedule on Feb 2021 when on Thai Airways website the fare is less than my current tickets fare. Openly money robbery from the customers. Also they don't have skill, how to talk with customers, very rude.

Nilesh P.

Nilesh P.Central Queensland, QLD

No response, Really Disappointed

Be aware of this agent, booked ticket in Jan 20 for auckland to india. due to covid19 our flight has been cancelled so wanted to rebook the ticket but they are not answering any phone call or email. really frustrated, we went to see their office in Papatoetoe, auckland but they have closed the branch. Connected at their Melbourne branch but phone ringing and ringing no answer, they answer 1st time and then no response. Feel like go and punch them. Lot of other buss and general people offering extra help in this situation but these guys are hopeless.

Booking TypeFlights

Crap Travel Agent providing service...

I'm really disappointed with the service they are providing today in such a critical moment... This is a worst travel agency in Australia. they have charging CUSTOMERS for changing seats due to Corona Virus, and not even attending calls. When I was talking to one of the agent, he was so loud and was not even in his senses while talking to a customer. He also hung on me and didn't bother helping me.... WORST TRAVEL AGENCY...Licence should be cancelled ASAP....

Rohit P.

Rohit P.Sydney, NSW

Not trustworthy

With recent travel bans declared by countries. Malaysian airline is returning money (as vouchers) or rescheduling without fees. Of course if you booked via an agent, you need to come via that channel.

But this Gurkha travels is not responding to phone call or email. Pretty common for such cheap agents to disappear.

I hope they declare bankruptcy else I am going to target in court of law for damages anyways for their inaction.

Booking TypeFlights

Poor client service and do not talk in a polite manner

Hopeless answering the phone calls. i rang 5 times and in all the times they cut me off while i try to explain the travel plans. not very client services oriented but just making people to book in a hurry.

Pady

PadyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They always get the right flight for the best rates and travel time!!! Trustworthy!!!

Service is always good and customer support too
Good flight options provided and with very good travel timings
Best rates as far as I have seen
Tickets are provided within a few hours of booking

Raj Gogineni

Raj GogineniSydney, NSW

Excellent service!

I have always booked my tickets with Gurkhas Travels for the last 15 years. They have given me options to choose the best price. These guys are best at what they do. Excellent service!

Dev

DevPerth, WA

Can buy cheaper in online

I always deal with Shivam. He’s pretty good most of the times. He doesn’t work most of the times. Whenever I call everyone says he’s not here or in holidays. Except him other people are Worst. Worst means Terrible. Even I say I can see cheaper in online, there simple answer to me is buy it in online. Check online prices before calling them. I’m surprised they are in business soo long without giving a best rates. Unless people are not checking the online prices.