GWM Ute Cannon-X 2021

GWM Ute Cannon-X 2021 Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for GWM Haval? Claim your listing.
Michelle

Anyone have advice on my headlight problem? Both bulbs of the driver side headlight is not working - normal and high beam. Bulbs are fine though. Are the front headlights on the same wiring loop or wired separately? Thank you.

Nigel B

sounds like an electrical problem best to see dealer should be covered under warranty

Michelle

Ok, thanks. I have it booked in with the dealer in a few weeks for a service, so will have them look at it. Would you know if it is on the same wiring loop?

Michael   R.
Michael R.

i have a engine light that comes on took it back to my service team they deleted some codes drove around the block and said it was fixed.ANYWAY DROVE 100MTR COME BACK ON.So my problem is i am losing power when on the accelerator pedal and drops down to 15kms then will pick up speed again, has gone into cruise control speed without cruise control on then need to brake in the meantime i was told no need to worry only if the red engine light comes on. sent an email to gwm and no reply the dealer shop said can't help only sell vehicles.2021 cannon-l

Paul

Waste of time contacting GWM they don’t support the product at all or answer anything They’ll just say it’s a characteristic of the car. If the dealer can’t help lodge a complaint with fair trading and line up with everyone else cause fair trading can’t get anywhere with them. Eventually you’ll end up at the tribunal. I’ll let you know how I go.
Good luck.

angry47
angry47

Hi there so I was driving on the highway at 110kph , with aircon on and suddenly the temp gauge started climbing, eventually the car noted that it was over heating , any ideas on what could have caused this

george K.
george K.

Hi I have a 2010 cannon it turn on acc or ingtion it locks and unlocks OK and just put a new battery in any ideas

Cannons started production build in 2020 so can't be a Cannon

Daniel C.

While I was driving the highway I set my cruise control as normal but while driving I never got any warning of a vehicle in front no matter how close I got. Then while parking I noticed the two front sensors weren't going off like the corner ones. Is there something I need to do to rectify this? Does it need a clean or something?
I just picked it back up from a repair shop from when it got hit on the front corner panel and door, if that makes any difference. It's a 2022 Cannon X.

Paul

Just take it back to the dealer, it’ll be under warranty and they’d be able to help out.
Shouldn’t be a problem

Daniel C.

Alright, thanks, I was hoping there was an easy fix like WD40 on the sensor and wipe it. But yeah probably best to just do that. Thank you.

Nigel B

dealer is the answer need to calibrate the radar

Rollo S.
Rollo S.

I am getting messages telling me the pedestrian safety assist is unavailable. What does this mean and what causes it?

Nigel B

can be during heavy rainstorms

Sean P
Sean P

Hey Guys,is there definitive time frame or klm for a DPF burn,when I first bought my Cannon it was Auto burning every couple of days(please not most of my driving is done is done in short bursts)then one long drive(approx 100klms it did 2 burns)then went for 2 weeks without a burn after which it did a manual burn,it has now since been a week and hasnt done a burn since,is the sporadic burn normal or am I just worrying about nothing and just get used to it

Nigel B

no there isn't depends on driving style and type of roads

Gary S.
Gary S.

I have an intermittent problem when towing my caravan. The hazard lights come on when I break, it’s not every trip and sometimes corrects itself after a while but can easily start again.
My local dealer suggested deactivating the rear and side sensors.
Anybody have this issue? Did you resolve it? How do I deactivate the sensors?

Nigel B

yes that's normal - part of emergency braking system when the car thinks it's a dangerous situation

John John
John John

How can I deactivate the seat belt alarm for my cannon Ute 2021 model. It beeps when seatbelt is clicked in.

Jim
Jim

sorry mate...cant help. should still be under warranty...what does GWM say?

Nigel B

make sure u have nothing heavy on the seat

Greg P.
Greg P.

getting black soot in the cabin

close the windows

Tim M.
Tim M.

Has anyone had the gearbox slipping when cold addressed by a dealer/mechanic? Mine generally occurs when below 3 bars on temp and shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear. Under load up hill very noticeable in higher gears as well. Once warm (3 bars temp) goes away.

Emilee R.
Emilee R.

I have a vanta and mine slips all the time also sounds like the diff is slipping as well
I also have engine surging issues and with no fault codes dealer is useless at helping also was charged for diagnostics and labour for doing a computer update that my ute required

Lisa W.
Lisa W.

I have two cannons and happens in both just been told it’s a trait

normal

Dan K.
Dan K.

Mine does the same cold. I ran into a customer that had vehicle off the road for 4 months from transmission slipping problem. Changed oil and ok now.

Iliili S.
Iliili S.

I need to find fuse for tailgate light but nothing on the fuse box cover mentioned tailgate lights

Nigel B

it is led lights - check manual or dealer

Can I put a spotlight Infront off the radar

Andrew H
Andrew H

Any one else have the DPF clean warning come on a lot? In a 3 hour drive, mine came up 3 times saying it's doing a clean. In the 6000km it must have come on 20 or more times and I've done the manual burn maybe 8 times to stop it going into limp mode.

AdamFP
AdamFP

The DPF is these is overly enthusiastic. When mine started doing it more regularly, I bought a bottle of dpf clean from Penrite at Supercheap ( about 40bucks, so look for when they are on special ) . To my amazement, it actually calmed it down a lot ( remember to add it before fill up , to a full tank )

Jesse
Jesse

Hey bro is it safe to add the dpf clean as mine is a company car im doing minimum 6 dpf burn off's per Tank sometimes more.

IanT
IanT

How do you set cruise control on the cannon x

Nigel B

right hand side of steering wheel press right side of horizontal rocker to set then toggle left/ right to change speed

Scott M.
Scott M.

My auto fold in mirrors on my 2021 Cannon L have stopped working. Still set to auto in the menu, but don’t fold in when locking. Any ideas?

Bertus P.

If you play around with the manual folding button in the cab and try it again for some reason it works

dealer

Tony S.

How do you reset the kms service spanner that comes up? I took it to a service centre that was not GWM and they couldn't find how to do it, and there isn't anything on the www. I am guessing a code reader is needed, but I have one, and there is nothing on there to reset.
Also, other things that annoy me are:
Head unit resetting every startup
Have to turn off lane assist every startup (unsafe when towing)
loses steering settings memory
Rear park sensors fault randomly
Front sensors only come on when you turn the front camera on
Auto fold mirrors just stop working
Flat spot in accelerator is deplorable (UPGRADE DID NOTHING, EITHER DID A THROTTLE CONTROLLER)
Shudder when towing on take off
Surging when on cruise control
Can't control the volume when cameras are on
Cruise control drops way below limit before kicking back, especially up hills
Anti collision mistakes parked cars as a threat and applies brakes
Auto wipers are inconsistent
Auto windows sometime don't work
DPF can come on 3 times a day when towing!!!!! Apparently this is normal!!!!
I think that is about it, and I know all these issues are not a huge problem, but it does take the shine out of what is a very good vehicle, instead of being good, it could have been great. Does anyone have any user fixes for the above?

Murray G
Murray G

Did you get an answer?

Tony S.

Yep, it has to be reset by the code reader, my mechanic didn’t have the software on his, so I brought one, but the one I brought didn’t have that on there either. Next service I will make sure they can reset it, as it drives me mad.

Denise F.
Denise F.

Make sure your ignition is off hold the reset mileage. Button down while you're holding that turn the ignition. On. For 10 seconds. And there you go everything's reset.

Tony S.

Thanks, but mine is electronic, so can’t do that

stephen o.
stephen o.

Hi we have had our GWM cannon x 2021 for about 10 months. Just wondering if anyone else is having problem with the stereo. Our stereo keeps turning it self on when we have turned it off so just the GWM logo is displaying. But you will be driving along and then it will come on by it's self. Sometime when it comes on it will by it self it will have no sound then next time it might have sound. And this might happened up to 4 or more times a day. Other wise it is a great ute.

Bertus P.

You have a speed volume setting that is adjustable

Adrian Tipping

Can someone help put some light on the gwm haval cannon X. Seen a YouTube video regarding the transfer case overheating in critical situations of traction. Is this true ? Have anyone experienced this while being out on the beach or sand dunes. And how long does it take to cool down to come out of limp mode.
Your information would be greatly appreciated.

Jake w.
Jake w.

If you want to drive in soft sand, hold the traction control button for 5ish seconds and it switches to “cross country expert mode". In that mode the transfer case clutches are locked up 100% of the time and will never slip enough to get hot.
If it is really really soft the car should be in low range and the clutches are locked up in low range as well.
Mine is on 35inch tyres and weighs 2.7 tonnes with the camping setup on it and I have never had the temp warning come up, not once.

Adrian Tipping

Cheers thanks so much makes more sense to me now. Just can't trust what you see on YouTube. I appreciate the advice.

Daniel B.
Daniel B.

Haz any 1led screen play up

75,000kms no problems

ned00cfs

I want to put spotlights Infront of the radar. Will that be ok or not

Extra Information

Brand Manager for GWM Haval? Claim your listing.