H&R Block Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by H&R Block

13 questions from our users

Rocky P.
Rocky P.asked

hi do you guys help doing tax with crypto trading? thanks

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Rocky, thanks for getting in touch. Our offices are well equipped with tax experts that can assist you with this question. Find an office near you by visiting www.hrblock.com.au or call 13 23 25 to speak with an expert or to book an appointment today. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.

Rudy
Rudyasked

I have a question I need to ask an accountant about (profit & loss statement advice), is there a charge to get an answer over the phone?

Hi Rudy,

It is best to book a phone appointment for advise. You can do this via our website https://www.hrblock.com.au/locator
thanks H&R block

Mick. Hasked

why have they asked me to set up multiple client portals, when i wasnt happy with the original quote i said im getting a second opinion but still using a H & R consultant they said i need to set up another one, does this sound correct.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Mick, our apologies that you were asked of this. The client portal are setup at office level. So each office has their own client portal hence the reason you have been asked to setup another one.
Hope this helps. Thanks H&R Block

Thanks that makes sence.

Craig P.
Craig P.asked

How much does it cost to to my return in store

Mick. H

just ask to get the cost taken out of your refund then it cost zero upfront, as long as you think your getting something back.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Craig, contact H&R Block. We can assist you in lodging your tax return this year. You can find your nearest office by visiting www.hrblock.com.au. One of our consultants will be able to assist with any questions you may have over the phone.

Sidney M.
Sidney M.asked

Is it cheaper to do your tax online here through H&R Block or go into their offices.

thierry.auffrait
thierry.auffrait

Doing it online is cheaper, but the charges at H&R are deducted from the taxes of the following year.

Hazel F.H&R Block

We have two online solutions which you could use, Online Tax Express which is a do yourself service and Online Tax Adviser which is similar to an in-office experience but all online. To find out more, please visit our website at www.hrblock.com.au or call us on 13 23 25.

JULIE
JULIEasked

I have not done my tax returns for quite a few years am I better to go to the tax office or is this so you can help me with?

Rosamund Innes
Rosamund Innes

I found this company very helpful I would rate this as a 4.9 star

Barry
Barry

Julie, I found H&R Block excellent in submitting my multiple year tax returns. Hope this helps you in your decision

Damian
Damianasked

How much do they charge for a standard, uncomplicated individual tax return?

Jamie
Jamie

Hi Damian, i was charged $139 for my tax return, which i will claim back next year. Well worth it considering how easy it was.

Alby
Albyasked

My wife and I are pensioners. Our total income for 2018to 2019 is $37255. My wife gets a carers allowance of $3072.
Should we pay tax and if we have to submit one how much will it cost to us pensioners?

Colleen Bracken
Colleen Bracken

Call your local office of H&R Block and consult with them.

Kev
Kevasked

ATO EFT transfer my refund to HR Block account 2 days ago.
Where is my refund? It should be in my bank by now.

neikoroxx

48 - 72 hours (not including weekends) is what I was told by HR Block.

Sue C.
Sue C.asked

How long is it between lodging a tax form and receiving a rebate?

Darren M
Darren Masked

How long does it take to get your refund once it’s been issued by the ATO?

neikoroxx

48 - 72 hours (not including weekends) is what I was told by HR Block.

Carly D.
Carly D.asked

Hi i had my return sent back to HR on the 12th of July i still havent received my funds is this normal it just seems very delayed

vverytiredmummy
vverytiredmummy

At least something has happened with yours. I did my return on the 4th and it still isn’t submitted to ATO.

Wayne
Wayne

I am not sure about returns being sent back as I have never experienced it. I think the best thing to do is speak with the H&R consultant and see what the issue was. Good Luck

Kieren
Kieren

I had to follow up my tax as mine was not lodged after
I paid 8 days later! Livid atm. Said it wasn’t lodged due to $5 but nobody called me to say there was a problem! The past two years at HR BLOCK NORTHLAKES, I get told my tax is easy so I get given the least experienced workers and they joke me around each year. It always takes longer, but when I had the More experienced lady I had no problems!

Keenzia W
Keenzia Wasked

Can anyone please recommend the best H&R Block in Sydney, NSW? I have heard a few horror stories and I really have no time for incompetence because my taxes are a bit complex. Thank you so much in advance.

Hi Keenzia,
If you could provide me your name and contact number, I can ask our Sydney, District Office to call you and assist guiding you in the right direction for your needs. Kind Regards, Hazel (H&R Block Team).

J-Man
J-Man

Avoid them!!!!! They will not give you your refund till March next year!! That’s the deadline for them. They never told me upfront.

Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives