H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

4.8 (2,389)
  • Rates and Fees
    4.5 (2,121)
  • Timeliness
    4.8 (2,113)

Ray W

Ray WSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Excellent service

Very professional and personable assistance. I'm a long term customer and have always been impressed with their friendly and efficient staff. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone who needs tax advice.

Rates and Fees

Well done Midland Office!

The staff at the Midland Office were efficient, very knowledgeable and friendly. I was dealt with by Sindy and I was extremely pleased with her professionalism. I will be going back next year.

Dawson

DawsonFlynn 2615, ACT

Great Service

All the services that we have received over the last 5 years or so have been efficient, courteous and prompt. All staff have given excellent service. We have always been promptly seen. Appointments have been when we requested.

AnnieS

AnnieSGold Coast

We wouldn't go anywhere else!

My Husband & I have been getting our taxes done by Sandi at H&R Block for years. Sandi is very proficient & a pleasure to deal with & we are always very happy!

Stephen Z.

Stephen Z.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Always get a great result

Been getting our tax done for many years by Margret at the H&R Block Brunswick office and have always had a positive experience , a very professional courtious group of people and always happy to go just a bit further ! We'll be back next year . Stephen

Rates and Fees

H$R Bloch the true tax experts

H&R Bloch a well known tax consultancy that certainly employ a great team of specialists . Without any hesitation I would like to recommend them to anyone looking not only for their professionalism, but for their determination to assist a customer with truthful and expert advice . I certainly recommend them as the best in the business !

Ian D. Toll

Ian D. TollSydney, NSW

A professional performance!

Your Branch manager was impressive with her attitude, skills & knowledge of her subject. As a long term client of H & R Block - I was delighted that my Tax Return could be completed within a satisfactory time
schedule & have the details explained to me in plain English terms!

Emma

Emma Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Highly recommended.

I have seen Margaret Karniej every year since I moved to Australia 15 years ago. She has great expertise in the area and explains things very clearly. She always helps me get the best possible outcome. Highly recommended!

Bob the builder

Bob the builder Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very good

To the point, got what I wanted . Can’t ask for anything better without breaking the bank to get the money I will find a good home for . Till next year

Catherine

CatherineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Friendly and knowledgeable

Lee collier was my tax consultant,she is very knowledgeable and professional,making the whole experience seamless . Have no hesitation about having my tax return done next year by Lee. Thanks for the great service

Don Napper

Don NapperSydney, NSW

Expertise makes it easy

Kamalah was extremely well prepared for our appointment so that the time for our input of additional documentation was minimal. my only complaint was that the Clent Portal would not accept my initial attempt at signature on the tax return and I required a Block person to guide me through the procedure. This was not a tax problem but an IT problem.

LeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Strongly advise not to use karingal branch

Lee Goodson, 0478902208 karingal

Hazel F.H&R Block

Thank you Lee, I have passed on your details to the District Manager. If you would like to provide any addition information, please send a private message to marketing@hrblock.com.au. Kind Regards, The H&R Block Team.

Meera Khan

Meera KhanSydney, NSW

Professional and friendly service

I was able to make an appointment that suited my timetable. The accountant was friendly, professional I was at ease throughout the process. The accountant also filled me with confidence

Pleasantly Surprised.

Pleasantly Surprised.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Happily surprised with my experience.

Pleasant , astute , easy to communicate with, gave me the feeling from the start that he knew what he was doing. Was flexible, efficient, and obtained for me an unexpectedly good return. Rates were very reasonable. I would be totally unrealistic to expect a better experience.

A satisfied customer

A satisfied customerHunter Region, NSW

An efficient service.

The whole process was easy from start to finish. It was easy to get an appointment, the staff knowledge was good and the whole thing was done with in 1/2 an hour.

Brashen

BrashenEyre Peninsula, SA

Extremely efficient and well informed staff

I had a few income tax returns to finalise and these were completed very informatively , providing me with the best possible outcome . The Staff had all the latest information , were friendly and efficient .

Vesna

VesnaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ask the experts.

Every year I have a question about tax that I need answered and that I cannot find on the Government tax website. Fortunately the staff at H and R Block have years of experience to solve my issues.

Convenient and helpful.

I have been going to H and R Block for years and they always do a good job. Staff are friendly and helpful. I can ask as many questions as I like and they never make me feel like an idiot. I like that I can get an appointment outside working hours.

Debbie

DebbieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Accommodation Manager

Good communication, fast quick and efficient, tried to look at everything I could claim and very helpful. This is the second year I have used H&R block and I am very satisfied with their service

Mark

MarkPerth, WA

Perfect

Friendly
Welcoming
Good listen
Multitasking
I would surely recommend family and friends to do their taxes at H&R Block with confidence knowing they going to receive the same profession service I received.

Rocky P.

Rocky P.asked

hi do you guys help doing tax with crypto trading? thanks

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Rocky, thanks for getting in touch. Our offices are well equipped with tax experts that can assist you with this question. Find an office near you by visiting www.hrblock.com.au or call 13 23 25 to speak with an expert or to book an appointment today. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.

Rudy

Rudyasked

I have a question I need to ask an accountant about (profit & loss statement advice), is there a charge to get an answer over the phone?

Hi Rudy,

It is best to book a phone appointment for advise. You can do this via our website https://www.hrblock.com.au/locator
thanks H&R block

Mick. Hasked

why have they asked me to set up multiple client portals, when i wasnt happy with the original quote i said im getting a second opinion but still using a H & R consultant they said i need to set up another one, does this sound correct.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Mick, our apologies that you were asked of this. The client portal are setup at office level. So each office has their own client portal hence the reason you have been asked to setup another one.
Hope this helps. Thanks H&R Block

Thanks that makes sence.

Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives

For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.

H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.

Tax services for individuals:

• An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
  • Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
  • Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
  • Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
  • Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
  • Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.

Tax services for businesses:

• Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.

Points of praise for H&R Block:

• H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
  • Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
  • The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
  • Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.