H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

4.8 (2,389)
  • Rates and Fees
    4.5 (2,121)
  • Timeliness
    4.8 (2,113)

Making tax return headache free

H and R Block at Baulkham Hills have been our tax agents for several years and each time the service has been excellent. They are up to date and knowledgeable on the latest tax rules and their tax agents are professional in their manner, thorough, and will spend the time necessary to make sure your tax return is done properly and not rushed. They also have a range of appointment times including some after standard business hours and on Saturday mornings which is convenient to working persons. Their office is easy to get to and has parking at rear. No one loves tax time but thankfully going to H and R Block makes the process much more pleasant.

Lindsaym

LindsaymSouth East Queensland, QLD

Friendly efficient service

Very efficient and friendly Was able to address my questions immediately. And assisted me in getting information for me that I did not have at the appointment. Booking was easy and at a time suitable for me to attend.

Una

UnaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Top class service.

This is an excellent way to get your tax return completed with a minimum of anxiety or worry. Staff at H&R Block are very knowledgeable re taxation and ensure you get your full correct return.

MMala

MMalaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Commendable service

I have been using services of H&R Block for the past three years, commendable service by friendly and efficient professionals who adhere to their protocols. Have received refunds as expected and discussed during consultations.

Lee

LeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Our experience with H & R Block was outstanding. Service was 10/10. Return was more than expected. Our consultant was friendly helpful & very clear on all explanations to do with our returns

Easy done by a professional & best refund possible

The fee's are getting higher each year, but my pension still says the same (should be a discount for Pensioners) also my tax was very simple but the fee was higher than last year & the year before that & the year before that one too.

Glenn
Glenn

Good overall for my simple yearly tax but it's to expensive (Agent Fee) although my agent let me off with a $20 discount because my tax was fast & easy this year.

Exceptional service and professionalism

The tax agent Sharon (Parkmore) was friendly, efficient & helpful. I am very happy with the service that was provided, as it has been over the years.Thank you again H&R Block, see you next year !

Fiona

FionaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Efficient tax process

Staff were very accommodating and flexible with appointment times . My experience over the past 2 years have been very positive . They have been highly organised and very clear about what I needed to do and have.
A very professional and friendly team . Highly recommend.

Lyn

LynAU

Bill Law is Very knowledgeable and understanding of my situation and Has Great professional work ethics. I’ll Definitely continue to use HR block and return each year for him to lodge my tax return.

Find out how H&R Block compares to other Tax Preparation Services

Highly efficient and professional service.

Mary Pask is an excellent and efficient accountant. She has the expertise to communicate the details of my taxation matters and organize my tax return. I will definitely be back to her for the 2020-21 end of the financial year taxation advice.

Jazmin

JazminSydney, NSW

Great Customer Service

Tax agent was very dedicated to help me in getting the best results, had a great knowledge of the field. I am very happy with her and always come back every year. Thank you for looking after me.

Robyn

RobynSydney Surrounds, NSW

Professional service and experts in tax!

Customer portal is great. I could upload my documents and they do the rest. Their knowledge of tax ensures you get the largest return possible. I wouldn't go anywhere else

Dee

DeeNew South Wales

Very personal and friendly

Very personal and friendly asks lots of questions to get best refund you are not just a number you are a person
Online appointment booking very easy and convenient
Being going to same person for years and will continue

Quick and easy tax return advice and submission.

H and R Block are a great resource for tax information.
I’ve been to them for the last several years to submit my tax return.
Each time I get an appointment at a time that suits me, it is done quickly and easily and my refund is always swiftly placed in my bank account.
I highly recommend them.

David McQuade

David McQuadeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Brilliant customer service

Walked through the process and transparent throughout. Very helpful and efficient. Delighted with my experience processing my tax return. Will use again for 2020/2021. Service is offered remotely also which is great consideration in these unusual times

Great customer service

They are a fantastic company ann MB d have been there 2 years now and couldn’t complain about a thing. Very friendly and helpful . Made things a lot easier for me .

Minnie

MinnieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

MADE EASY

Made easy especially with helpful friendly staff. Would always recommend them..
After 10 years of good service would not ever consider going any where else.
Can only say thank you. and see you again next year..

SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid if you can

Steve

I called several times and was given false assurances and the run around. what is the point now when I have left a review. Someone should have been proactive sooner and flagged it. No good.

Husky branch

Debbie from Husky is the best tax agent I’ve had. This is my 2nd year with her and from service to result she leads the industry. Totally recommend her, 5 star rating

Callum

CallumHobart, TAS

Tax return

Good friendly staff great service on time reliable people in the business which was ran really well, follow up procedures through emails calls and texts keeping you at your best interest

Rocky P.

Rocky P.asked

hi do you guys help doing tax with crypto trading? thanks

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Rocky, thanks for getting in touch. Our offices are well equipped with tax experts that can assist you with this question. Find an office near you by visiting www.hrblock.com.au or call 13 23 25 to speak with an expert or to book an appointment today. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.

Rudy

Rudyasked

I have a question I need to ask an accountant about (profit & loss statement advice), is there a charge to get an answer over the phone?

Hi Rudy,

It is best to book a phone appointment for advise. You can do this via our website https://www.hrblock.com.au/locator
thanks H&R block

Mick. Hasked

why have they asked me to set up multiple client portals, when i wasnt happy with the original quote i said im getting a second opinion but still using a H & R consultant they said i need to set up another one, does this sound correct.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Mick, our apologies that you were asked of this. The client portal are setup at office level. So each office has their own client portal hence the reason you have been asked to setup another one.
Hope this helps. Thanks H&R Block

Thanks that makes sence.

Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives

For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.

H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.

Tax services for individuals:

• An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
  • Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
  • Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
  • Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
  • Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
  • Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.

Tax services for businesses:

• Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.

Points of praise for H&R Block:

• H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
  • Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
  • The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
  • Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.