High level of expertise
Friendly and personable service
Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns
Reviewer Photos & Videos
Making tax return headache free
H and R Block at Baulkham Hills have been our tax agents for several years and each time the service has been excellent. They are up to date and knowledgeable on the latest tax rules and their tax agents are professional in their manner, thorough, and will spend the time necessary to make sure your tax return is done properly and not rushed. They also have a range of appointment times including some after standard business hours and on Saturday mornings which is convenient to working persons. Their office is easy to get to and has parking at rear. No one loves tax time but thankfully going to H and R Block makes the process much more pleasant.
Easy done by a professional & best refund possible
The fee's are getting higher each year, but my pension still says the same (should be a discount for Pensioners) also my tax was very simple but the fee was higher than last year & the year before that & the year before that one too.
Efficient tax process
Staff were very accommodating and flexible with appointment times . My experience over the past 2 years have been very positive . They have been highly organised and very clear about what I needed to do and have.
A very professional and friendly team . Highly recommend.
Quick and easy tax return advice and submission.
H and R Block are a great resource for tax information.
I’ve been to them for the last several years to submit my tax return.
Each time I get an appointment at a time that suits me, it is done quickly and easily and my refund is always swiftly placed in my bank account.
I highly recommend them.
Avoid if you can
H&R is actually absolutely useless. they are no accountants. what they do is exactly the same as you can do much more easily. Most information as to income, salary, interest is already pre-filled on the ATO website. anything else the client needs to calculate and provide to H&R. so you might as well input it yourself as there is nothing H&R do. if there is any calculation that is required they are unable to do. For eg. as capital gains or loss the staff including branch managers have no clue about it. They keep coming back to the client asking ...for clues. For over two months, with over half a dozen change of appointments the manager finally gave up telling me she does not know how to do the return. I finally completed the two returns myself saving $500 I would have paid. So unless you are a completely uneducated, d it yourself and safe the hassle. I was a client for many years, but with a change of manager things just went downhill. I wish I had such a cushy job.
Questions & Answers
hi do you guys help doing tax with crypto trading? thanks
Hazel F.H&R Block
Hi Rocky, thanks for getting in touch. Our offices are well equipped with tax experts that can assist you with this question. Find an office near you by visiting www.hrblock.com.au or call 13 23 25 to speak with an expert or to book an appointment today. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.
I have a question I need to ask an accountant about (profit & loss statement advice), is there a charge to get an answer over the phone?
Hazel F.H&R Block
It is best to book a phone appointment for advise. You can do this via our website https://www.hrblock.com.au/locator
thanks H&R block
why have they asked me to set up multiple client portals, when i wasnt happy with the original quote i said im getting a second opinion but still using a H & R consultant they said i need to set up another one, does this sound correct.
For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.
H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.
Tax services for individuals:
- An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
- Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
- Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
- Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
- Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
- Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.
Tax services for businesses:
- Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.
Points of praise for H&R Block:
- H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
- Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
- The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
- Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.
H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.