Listing monitored by H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

swampfox
swampfoxBrisbane

Incompetent and slow service provided for online return

Disappointing Service

SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor service, unreliable, unprofessional.

Do not use this firm - go to a real accountant. One that will actually attend a scheduled appointment or at least call back when you follow up with them as to why they were a now show

Ivan C.
Ivan C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Agent did not show up on appointment

Booked a phone appointment through email for a tax return with Ash for 02-July-2021 12PM and agent did not show up. Called the office to check on what's going on and office admin said that nothing was booked for this date and time and dodged my question when I asked for a specific reason on why nothing was booked.

I want to believe that H&R Block is good (Judging from the good positive reviews) but how in the world did this happened.....

Kayla
Kayla

Avoid!

Absolutely horrific. Avoid if you can. Lodged online with communicating via a chat function. No correspondence in over 24 hours, continually asking the same questions that were already submitted as if speaking to a bot. Can’t speak to anyone because they’re not answering. I want my money back!

Hazel F.H&R Block

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Fan G.
Fan G.

Block by name, block by nature

Linda
LindaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Abysmal service

I attended an appointment at Gosford's H&R Block office in February 2021. After delivering my private details, I have been chasing the agent since then with many phone calls but he remains unresponsive.
His offsider rang me 2 weeks ago and said he had been sick but they would get back to me.
I again rang yesterday and was promised a callback by 7pm.
I would like to know why I have been put on the backburner and if my tax affairs are too difficult for this agent, then I would like to know and I'll move on.
I need to get my affairs in order and this is causing me much stress and time wasting. I went to the Gosford office yesterday but it remained closed.

Switch312
Switch312Sydney, NSW

Late Return - No Response and No Assistance

Used HR Block Online Tax Advisor service - the HR Block staff member assured me the return would be completed on time and so I left the matter with them. The return is now 2 days late and I still have not received a response from the HR Block advisor and may now face penalties from the ATO. Terrible Service.

Unauthorised direct debit

I completed my tax return in July last year and have just had two unauthorised direct debit payments coming out of my account and overdrawing it twice. Stay away from H&R Block. They’ll take unauthorised payments from your account.

James P.
James P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Yes they're cheap, and yes you get what you pay for.

Dont reply to emails until after you chase them a few times. Ultimately took almost six months to sort my return AFTER I had done all the calculation for them. Will be using someone else next year.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Unrealiable, lack of responses and completely ignoring emails and calls

MH48Sunshine Coast

You can't rely on H&R Block for anything important

LeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Strongly advise not to use karingal branch

Lee Goodson, 0478902208 karingal

Hazel F.H&R Block

Thank you Lee, I have passed on your details to the District Manager. If you would like to provide any addition information, please send a private message to marketing@hrblock.com.au. Kind Regards, The H&R Block Team.

SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid if you can

Steve

I called several times and was given false assurances and the run around. what is the point now when I have left a review. Someone should have been proactive sooner and flagged it. No good.

Fonki
FonkiSydney, NSW

Very poor

2 appts booked - 1st one late so I rescheduled. 2nd time - no show. I called to find out and was told that these things happen and it's a bit like waiting in the doctors surgery. I can't believe that analogy was used but it just shows that they absolutely don't care. Last time I did my tax return with them, I hadn't received my refund so I called back to find they hadn't even submitted it. They said they had questions which I had answered in the appointment that I took time off work to go to! Didn't inform me or let me know as though I'm psychic. Very poor. I won't even call it a service

Rocky P.
Rocky P.asked

hi do you guys help doing tax with crypto trading? thanks

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Rocky, thanks for getting in touch. Our offices are well equipped with tax experts that can assist you with this question. Find an office near you by visiting www.hrblock.com.au or call 13 23 25 to speak with an expert or to book an appointment today. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.

Rudy
Rudyasked

I have a question I need to ask an accountant about (profit & loss statement advice), is there a charge to get an answer over the phone?

Hi Rudy,

It is best to book a phone appointment for advise. You can do this via our website https://www.hrblock.com.au/locator
thanks H&R block

Mick. Hasked

why have they asked me to set up multiple client portals, when i wasnt happy with the original quote i said im getting a second opinion but still using a H & R consultant they said i need to set up another one, does this sound correct.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Mick, our apologies that you were asked of this. The client portal are setup at office level. So each office has their own client portal hence the reason you have been asked to setup another one.
Hope this helps. Thanks H&R Block

Thanks that makes sence.

Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives

For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.

H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.

Tax services for individuals:

• An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
  • Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
  • Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
  • Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
  • Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
  • Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.

Tax services for businesses:

• Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.

Points of praise for H&R Block:

• H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
  • Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
  • The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
  • Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.