H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

James P.

James P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Yes they're cheap, and yes you get what you pay for.

Dont reply to emails until after you chase them a few times. Ultimately took almost six months to sort my return AFTER I had done all the calculation for them. Will be using someone else next year.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Unrealiable, lack of responses and completely ignoring emails and calls

MH48Sunshine Coast

You can't rely on H&R Block for anything important

LeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Strongly advise not to use karingal branch

Lee Goodson, 0478902208 karingal

Hazel F.H&R Block

Thank you Lee, I have passed on your details to the District Manager. If you would like to provide any addition information, please send a private message to marketing@hrblock.com.au. Kind Regards, The H&R Block Team.

SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid if you can

Steve

I called several times and was given false assurances and the run around. what is the point now when I have left a review. Someone should have been proactive sooner and flagged it. No good.

Fonki

FonkiSydney, NSW

Very poor

2 appts booked - 1st one late so I rescheduled. 2nd time - no show. I called to find out and was told that these things happen and it's a bit like waiting in the doctors surgery. I can't believe that analogy was used but it just shows that they absolutely don't care. Last time I did my tax return with them, I hadn't received my refund so I called back to find they hadn't even submitted it. They said they had questions which I had answered in the appointment that I took time off work to go to! Didn't inform me or let me know as though I'm psychic. Very poor. I won't even call it a service

Double N.

Double N.Perth, WA

Worse tax agent ever

Very disappointed and will not recommend this to anyone. The agent was unprofessional and kept asking personal questions regarding place of origin and my nationality. He wasted an hour to do my tax return that already has been pre-filled by my employers. Unlike his previous colleague, his not knowledgeable and kept changing my tax return amount! The service fee was also increased but there was no detail on why and how did he come up with the number? Overall very ambiguous and confusing.

Terrible experience - no response

nerak1812

nerak1812Sydney

Appalling agents

I am still waiting for HR Block to submit my tax return after 7 days. First an excuse about quality control, yet did not call to let me know. I rang 4 days later and now they state my bsb number is incorrect despite me being with them for years and still same account number. Advised that the area manager would call back but hasn't

Roxanne Spangenberg

Roxanne SpangenbergSydney

H&R Block Hornsby

Just walked out on H&R Block in Hornsby. This is my first experience with the Hornsby branch, as I have been to the St Ives and Macquarie Branch before. I never had issues until today. From the moment we walked in, from the time we left, they were unfriendly, uncommunicative and disrespectful. We had an appointment at 9.30am and waited for 15min before a lady saw me looking at my watch and only then commented that they were having software issues. Very abruptly, I might add. The receptionist was so unfriendly, I wanted to bolt out the door and because they were disrespectful towards our time that is exactly what we did. I would NOT trust this branch with our tax returns. What a horrible experience.

freddiem

freddiemsydney

Scam return

I lodged a return with the online portal and was given an estimated return amount, however when I received the return it was $1500 less, I contacted them 10 days ago to see what's going on and even.made follow ups and they have not responded. Is this a scam?

Not a happy customer

Not a happy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worse tax return ever

We have been using H&R block for years, excellent experience, professional, good refund. We recently used the Arana Hills branch. Not only did it take the consultant 2 hours to complete the refund, he mentions half way through he can't complete it as he needs extra information from another H&R block we went to. I was expecting a call that week, nothing. I left multiple calls, emails, no response, I eventually go back into the office 3 weeks later, still working on it. Week 4, done, and that will be $256 thank you very much.
I am sorry H&R block but I am no longer using your services, this was truly ridiculous for poor service.

Joe

JoeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No feedback

Cat and car chick

Cat and car chickPerth, WA

Business tax return expensive

$300 to do a business tax return. Absolutely ridiculous. They should be tailoring individual prices to each person.
Just started getting my business off the ground. Have made $2000 in 6 months and not paying GST makes it a very easy, simple tax return. But $300 in disgusting. Shame on you H & R block. Ridiculously expensive. Aussie battlers can't afford that when their not getting any sort of money back into their pockets. Went to an individual person and he was amazing. 160 half of the extortion rate you charge loll

Ross

RossCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Delay in return

Have been waiting 4 weeks and still no return despite advertising quick returns. No explanation or call backs from head office to explain why the delay in my return despite enquiries

Leon

LeonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Looking for a better tax agent

Seemed ok initially, but months later was contacted by ato and told that dividends were not included in tax return properly. You don't get a detailed breakdown of your tax return from H-R, just a summary, so you cant tell what was included. Looking for better tax agent this year

Vanessa K.

Vanessa K.Perth, WA

False Advertising

I took the paperwork in to H&R Block Joondalup on the 03/07/2020 to lodge my tax return. I waited 2 weeks and when my tax return did not arrive in my bank account, I started to ask questions. I was informed that H&R Block was not responsible for contacting the ATO. Apparently there were some mistakes in my details with my lodgement, which they did not bother to inform me of until I started asking questions. After 2 weeks of calls to the ATO, I finally received my tax return on the 31/07/2020. The help I received from H&R Block, with the exception of the kind receptionist at the front desk, was minimal.

Too fast

the lady manager in tarneit branch doesnt even fully expain the fact and was always in a hurry.your advertisement says maximize your tax return but it was the otherway around.she doesnt even look at you eye to eye.itseems this lady vo is hiding something.anyway charging us almost 174 for 10mln job and prefilled tax return is too much.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi, I am sorry you didn't had a good experience with us. Please send us all details including your first name and the office you went so we can escalate to the district manager. Please email to marketing@hrblock.com.au

OMAR

OMAR

Not good at this point

I made my tax this year with H&R block , for individual and I expected that i will get my return in 2 x weeks time as normal, but so fare, till today, my tax hasn't been submitted yet or processed. To be honest, it drove me crazy and i'm really very upset for that. Tax office and MYGOV both showing that my tax hasn't been processed YET! When i asked my accountant, she said, sorry we very busy but we will.....!!! and there is no any problem with my tax assessment.There is no way that one single PAYG payment summary for individual takes more than 14 days to be submitted or to process it.
NO COMMENT

Upset Customer

Upset CustomerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible service for 2020

Great service last year that is why I came back this year. Big Mistake!!
26 days since I completed my basic return and still not lodged with the ATO. Understand busy this year but
many many calls to the branch and also the H & R Block customer service line in the last week to get an answer and given the run around and no return calls as promised. Wont be using their services again anytime in the future

Rocky P.

Rocky P.asked

hi do you guys help doing tax with crypto trading? thanks

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Rocky, thanks for getting in touch. Our offices are well equipped with tax experts that can assist you with this question. Find an office near you by visiting www.hrblock.com.au or call 13 23 25 to speak with an expert or to book an appointment today. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.

Rudy

Rudyasked

I have a question I need to ask an accountant about (profit & loss statement advice), is there a charge to get an answer over the phone?

Hi Rudy,

It is best to book a phone appointment for advise. You can do this via our website https://www.hrblock.com.au/locator
thanks H&R block

Mick. Hasked

why have they asked me to set up multiple client portals, when i wasnt happy with the original quote i said im getting a second opinion but still using a H & R consultant they said i need to set up another one, does this sound correct.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Mick, our apologies that you were asked of this. The client portal are setup at office level. So each office has their own client portal hence the reason you have been asked to setup another one.
Hope this helps. Thanks H&R Block

Thanks that makes sence.

Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives

For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.

H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.

Tax services for individuals:

• An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
  • Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
  • Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
  • Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
  • Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
  • Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.

Tax services for businesses:

• Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.

Points of praise for H&R Block:

• H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
  • Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
  • The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
  • Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.