H&R Block
See the Best Tax Preparation Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Double N.
Double N.Perth, WA

Worse tax agent ever

Very disappointed and will not recommend this to anyone. The agent was unprofessional and kept asking personal questions regarding place of origin and my nationality. He wasted an hour to do my tax return that already has been pre-filled by my employers. Unlike his previous colleague, his not knowledgeable and kept changing my tax return amount! The service fee was also increased but there was no detail on why and how did he come up with the number? Overall very ambiguous and confusing.

Terrible experience - no response

nerak1812
nerak1812Sydney

Appalling agents

I am still waiting for HR Block to submit my tax return after 7 days. First an excuse about quality control, yet did not call to let me know. I rang 4 days later and now they state my bsb number is incorrect despite me being with them for years and still same account number. Advised that the area manager would call back but hasn't

Roxanne Spangenberg
Roxanne SpangenbergSydney

H&R Block Hornsby

Just walked out on H&R Block in Hornsby. This is my first experience with the Hornsby branch, as I have been to the St Ives and Macquarie Branch before. I never had issues until today. From the moment we walked in, from the time we left, they were unfriendly, uncommunicative and disrespectful. We had an appointment at 9.30am and waited for 15min before a lady saw me looking at my watch and only then commented that they were having software issues. Very abruptly, I might add. The receptionist was so unfriendly, I wanted to bolt out the door and because they were disrespectful towards our time that is exactly what we did. I would NOT trust this branch with our tax returns. What a horrible experience.

freddiem
freddiemsydney

Scam return

I lodged a return with the online portal and was given an estimated return amount, however when I received the return it was $1500 less, I contacted them 10 days ago to see what's going on and even.made follow ups and they have not responded. Is this a scam?

Not a happy customer
Not a happy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worse tax return ever

We have been using H&R block for years, excellent experience, professional, good refund. We recently used the Arana Hills branch. Not only did it take the consultant 2 hours to complete the refund, he mentions half way through he can't complete it as he needs extra information from another H&R block we went to. I was expecting a call that week, nothing. I left multiple calls, emails, no response, I eventually go back into the office 3 weeks later, still working on it. Week 4, done, and that will be $256 thank you very much.
I am sorry H&R block but I am no longer using your services, this was truly ridiculous for poor service.

Joe

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Cat and car chick
Cat and car chickPerth, WA

Business tax return expensive

$300 to do a business tax return. Absolutely ridiculous. They should be tailoring individual prices to each person.
Just started getting my business off the ground. Have made $2000 in 6 months and not paying GST makes it a very easy, simple tax return. But $300 in disgusting. Shame on you H & R block. Ridiculously expensive. Aussie battlers can't afford that when their not getting any sort of money back into their pockets. Went to an individual person and he was amazing. 160 half of the extortion rate you charge loll

Ross
RossCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Delay in return

Have been waiting 4 weeks and still no return despite advertising quick returns. No explanation or call backs from head office to explain why the delay in my return despite enquiries

Leon
LeonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Looking for a better tax agent

Seemed ok initially, but months later was contacted by ato and told that dividends were not included in tax return properly. You don't get a detailed breakdown of your tax return from H-R, just a summary, so you cant tell what was included. Looking for better tax agent this year

Vanessa K.
Vanessa K.Perth, WA

False Advertising

I took the paperwork in to H&R Block Joondalup on the 03/07/2020 to lodge my tax return. I waited 2 weeks and when my tax return did not arrive in my bank account, I started to ask questions. I was informed that H&R Block was not responsible for contacting the ATO. Apparently there were some mistakes in my details with my lodgement, which they did not bother to inform me of until I started asking questions. After 2 weeks of calls to the ATO, I finally received my tax return on the 31/07/2020. The help I received from H&R Block, with the exception of the kind receptionist at the front desk, was minimal.

Too fast

the lady manager in tarneit branch doesnt even fully expain the fact and was always in a hurry.your advertisement says maximize your tax return but it was the otherway around.she doesnt even look at you eye to eye.itseems this lady vo is hiding something.anyway charging us almost 174 for 10mln job and prefilled tax return is too much.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi, I am sorry you didn't had a good experience with us. Please send us all details including your first name and the office you went so we can escalate to the district manager. Please email to marketing@hrblock.com.au

OMAR
OMAR

Not good at this point

I made my tax this year with H&R block , for individual and I expected that i will get my return in 2 x weeks time as normal, but so fare, till today, my tax hasn't been submitted yet or processed. To be honest, it drove me crazy and i'm really very upset for that. Tax office and MYGOV both showing that my tax hasn't been processed YET! When i asked my accountant, she said, sorry we very busy but we will.....!!! and there is no any problem with my tax assessment.There is no way that one single PAYG payment summary for individual takes more than 14 days to be submitted or to process it.
NO COMMENT

Upset Customer
Upset CustomerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible service for 2020

Great service last year that is why I came back this year. Big Mistake!!
26 days since I completed my basic return and still not lodged with the ATO. Understand busy this year but
many many calls to the branch and also the H & R Block customer service line in the last week to get an answer and given the run around and no return calls as promised. Wont be using their services again anytime in the future

Incredibly Frustrating
Incredibly FrustratingDarling Downs, QLD

Terrible beyond belief

The Toowoomba office is incompetent beyond belief and after 3 weeks can’t work out what they’ve done with my return or give me any answers. Time for a new agency

Maria H.
Maria H.Darling Downs, QLD

Not organised and very unprofessional

Awkward appointment and made me feel awkward. I wasn’t able to claim a lot of deductions I had planned too and that’s fine but how I was told made me feel crap and the whole time he was talking about himself and made me feel anxious. Then he forgot to tell me what my refund is and he was just rambling on about he owns 18 properties blah blah. He was unprofessional and all over the place. I won’t return next financial year to do my tax here.

HEH
HEH

Unprofessional Staff

Barry O.
Barry O.Perth, WA

Prepare for a long wait

We booked an appointment for 12pm today. We arrived at 11:45 and were still waiting at the Cockburn office at 12:30pm.
What's the point of making a booking and still have to wait over 45 mins.
I went home and lodged our returns over the phone with another company in less than 15 mins.
We will not use H& R Block every again.

Arron
ArronO'Connor 2602, ACT

Terrible service

Worst return I’ve ever gotten! They force you to pay them cash otherwise it’s an extra $30 essential did nothing I could have done it myself and followed the prompts! Even worse when your running your own business! They are the dearest and get you the least! Take your money and just see an independent agent!

Sole Trader
Sole TraderHunter Region, NSW

JobKeeper - Miss out because of pour advise from HR Block

Heath
HeathSouth East Queensland, QLD

almost new financial year and still no return but they were quick to take their payment

My Partner lodged her return tax time last year at Hr Block Aspley took payment, later to discover that they had filed her return incorrect. Now we have been trying to either get the return lodged correctly for almost a year with no help from Hr Block which has now been resulted in weekly calls from my partner.
Staff seem to be not very knowledgable and even worse unable to repair their mistakes.

Lack of Attention to Detail - don't respond to emails

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi , I'm sorry that you haven't had a positive experience with us. If you would like to email me the details I could escalate your issues with the District Manager. Email address is marketing@hrblock.com.au
Kind Regards, H&R Block Team

MarkieMark
MarkieMark

what details do you need?

Hi, please let us know which office you had this issue with. Thanks H&R Block

tax return 2019

I used the H&R block for my tax return last year. My visa was complicated and one of the staff said that he was gonna look after my tax return. But he was completely useless and he had stopped contact as well. So I finished the tax return by myself. And I requested refund but the office manager had a defensive attitude on the phone. I also emailed the HR department but I never received a response. I thought that this was not fair. I am not gonna use this company anymore and I was so disappointed.

The store was Brunswick East. I will absolutely not recommend this store.

Emma W.Victoria

I would not recommend them to anyone

I have never ever had such bad service ever. They have been paid yet can not and have not completed my last year company return. Please steer away, steer away...

Emma W.

I have sent several emails regarding my return no one even got back to me... I do not want my returns done by you, if that is the way you handle people's business I could not trust you doing my returns.

Defective software, very poor service, & suspicious intrusive conduct

After eternal hold times, and transfers, I proved to H&R Block via emailed screen captures, vis a vis TurboTax, that their software was defective for even simple W-2 tax returns which use form 8962 for healthcare.

They asked for only my receipt and mailing address by email.
Then someone called, asking for my social security number.
Then, when I emailed again, asking where is my promised refund, they replied, asking for my date of birth, and credit card activity, showing the purchase.

Very suspicious, looking like a setup for identity theft, and they are obviously trying to wear me out with all their demands, rather than honestly admitting their flaw, and issuing me a refund. Outrageous.

Don
Don
Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Don, thank you for your reply. We have escalated this to the H&R Block in the US, this review platform is for the Australian region. Thank you for your patience. H&R Block AUS team.