H&R Block
See the Best Tax Preparation Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Jason B.
Jason B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Tax income

Charrged for retrieving my super under hardship!
Seriously I out of $10000 o was able to get out promised I would get the $3000 back at taxtime not working full time charged by H& R Block to get my super information poor!
Only got $2400
Charged $9.00 to get this terrible won't be back!

very dissappointed
very dissappointedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

PORTAL HOLDS NO DOCUMENTS

BRUNO M.
BRUNO M.South East Queensland, QLD

the online tax lodgement is useless

used the online self lodgment system, was asked some useless question by an anonymous person just to delay my return being lodged, in the end it was left as "reviewing" and left unlodged with the ATO for almost 2 weeks. was charged $59 and my tax return never got lodged and just to rub salt into the wound they charged my credit card twice. My questions never got answered and my refund went unlodged., I got my money refunded through my credit card company and went elsewhere. Totally wasted my time with H&R Block, useless company. AVOID

Caz1310
Caz1310Melbourne

No real benefit

The advisor we saw didnt greet us just ushered us into a cubicle and didnt offer any advice unless we asked direct questions. Considering the amount of info on the ATO website we got zero value from H&R Block and on this basis do not recommend. Next year we will do our own tax using resources already available on ATO website etc.

Mitra
MitraSydney

Inefficient accountants DO NOT USE

We did the mistake of doing our tax with this company,their accountants are super inefficient,they've been doing our head in for a simple process.They never respond to emails.
Worst experience and a waste of money.

Kristie
KristieBrisbane

Poor knowledge

They missed approximately $5000 worth of deductions for my personal tax which I now need to pay to rectify. I used H&R Block in Woolloongabba. I even questioned the accountant about the deduction and she did not know

Michael Duggan
Michael DugganGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unsatisfactory

My wife and I had our ATO returns done, as we do every year. Large price increases for a service that was lack lustre. The charges made and not reasonable and we will never be using the services again unless we receive some sort of reply/justification.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Nicole G
Nicole G

Data breach

These guys are absolute criminals. They paid my tax return into someone else’s account and then proceeded to provide me with all of his personal details (bank account/ address/ name and number). So rest assured your personal details are not safe with them.
This happened over a month ago and I am still waiting for my refund....
Braddon in the ACT may need to sort themselves out if they want to stay in business...

RTOM
RTOMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not worth it!

It has been one week since I lodged my tax at Berwick office but it is still not lodged with ATO. Got a call today unable to find my records.

Terrible service.

My tax took 5 weeks to even reach the Australian tax association and I had to go in twice to have my tax done as they apparently had a new system they were not used to. Very disappointed.

B Patterson
B PattersonPerth

Hit and run

After ring a few H&R Block place I found someone who could speak English coherently . I made a appointment .. the agent couldn’t find the portal where my Employer Lodged group certificate .. but went ahead off my email details took the fee now the return has been canceled by the tax department I asks for money back they said no .. highest tax returns Guaranteed ha ha $150 down the drain ..

Waste of Time
Waste of TimeHunter Region, NSW

Unprofessional and Incompetent

Keepprivate
KeepprivateMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lost tax information twice and sent my personal info to wrong person!

Audited

Audited by ATO no one wanted to look after eventually the manager had to do it himself. Dragged on over 12 months and have now been told No deductions will be allowed for that year. Cost us thousands of dollars. Wrongly. Where is the "we have your back" and "satisfaction guarantee". We don't claim for anything we're not allowed to but due to unprofessionalism and lack of care on our accountant we are allowed no deductions for that year. But it's OK because we can pay the tax debt from the next 2 years deductions!???

Professionals at taking the payment but returns don’t get lodged for 3 weeks

jld
jldGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Once they have your money, be concerned

Screwed me over $2000 dollars, waiting for management at H&R block to call me back for over 3 weeks yet they havent bothered, they act very concerned and say "you're not the only person having this problem with the woman at boronia, we will fix everything and get back to you" yet have no decency to bother calling you. Avoid H&R block at all costs, once they have your money they don't give a crap.

neikoroxx
neikoroxxMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Left hand doesn't know it has a right hand

Had 4 years of tax returns to lodge. Went to Norwood office in Adelaide. Theyre not even registered tax agents! They just send the return to main office to have someone in Sydney lodge it. And two of the returns weren't filled out properly (which meant returning to the store and berating them) and then they tried to charge me for 5 tax returns instead of 4! Bloody awful!

Disappointing
DisappointingSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disappointing.

13 days after having my tax done at H & R Block Richmond NSW, I checked MyGov.com which said my tax return had not been submitted. I telephoned & spoke to the lady who did my return & she said she would look into it & return my call. Later that afternoon I phoned again & spoke to their receptionist who told me there was a glitch at head office & it has now been submitted.
No apology.
I then phoned H & R Block head office the following day to complain about the customer service & I was told I would receive a call from someone but of course I am still waiting.

Very disappointed and terrible

It is very disappointing , I check my apps at ATO it says it not process yet and I call to the H&R block then it says it processed already really? Which you want me to believe ? It’s terrible and I would never ever ask my friends again to do it here

Do not use their online return system!! they rip you off!!

The cost of this return is a lot more expensive through their online system compared to coming in. I've never paid more than $150 for a tax return and they upped mine to $250 because i claimed a very small amount from a few teaching jobs I had during the year and charged me for a business return. They do their job but I wont be doing this again and will ensure nobody i know does their tax return this way. Absolutely ridiculous. Zero stars.

Disappointed
DisappointedPerth, WA

Very rude

The receptionist and consultant Carina were the rudest people I have come across . Absolutely disgusted , will never go back, nor will any friends or family members. The most Terrible experience I have ever encountered.

Wally
WallyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Still waiting....

I was able to get an appointment and the process was seamless all good so far.

I checked the ATO site to check on progress to learn my return is not lodged 3 days after filing, I followed H&R Block to be advised "it is with our Head Office going through our audit system", I thought fair enough. I then let it go another 4 business days and followed the office for an update and now no response from the Camberwell office to my e-mail a further 4 days later.

So my return was completed 8 business days ago (plus 2 weekends) and to the best of my knowledge still not lodged.

SweetPea
SweetPeaSouthwest, VIC

ONE MONTH TO LODGE

On July 3 I paid cash up front and authorised H & R Block in Geelong to submit my return to ATO. Assurance was given by the person assisting me that this would be done within a week. A phone call to Geelong office on July 30 confirmed that my return hadn’t been lodged. Reason given was that they had changed their auditing team and this was the cause of the delay. Really?

Simon
SimonSydney, NSW

Shocking tax agent

All my years before I usually get back over $1000 this year i got around $250. The agent was stressed and overworked and was rushing everything. Was finished in 10minn where as my previous accounts sat with me for 30min asking me questions about claims. I will never use this company again.

Jordan
JordanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can not believe the quality of service

I certainly will not be doing my tax next year with this company. I have waited 4 weeks for my return and it has only just been lodged a month later after chasing them around like a silly goose. Promised phone calls from the district manger, store manger and never received any calls / I have had to call them everyday for a week to find this “resolution” 2 months to get my return back..