H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Overcharging

I was with there for 15 minutes and was charged $148.00 and of that time time we spent about three minutes on salutations. I'm a pensioner and make $2000.00 in extra income and they class that as a business tax preparation. If it wasn't for my extra income I wouldn't go there. They have taken 7.5% of my additional income for 15 minutes work and my return is an exact copy of the previous years. So much for there fake advertising that returns start at $99.00. You just couldn't get any simpler than my return.

WaffleMe

WaffleMeMelbourne

3 agents, 4 appointments, 7 calls, and my assessment is still incomplete.

Dario B.Perth

Cheap but not value. Multiple online portals, call centres and offices working in silos.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Thank you Dario. I will pass this onto the marketing team for their review. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.

DoreenrunnerMelbourne

Software errors- accountant errors

Doreenrunner

Been 6 days and no response to my messages in the Hrblock account. Watch that once you pay...good luck with customer service.

Doreenrunner

Dont bother, took 8 days to reply and in top of that they wanted me to pay 30 something extra to file correction. Good luck!

Nic

NicGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

so rude

one of the girls on the phone was so unprofessional and the man i spoke to about help with my taxes was so rude and spoke down to me the whole time. very unprofessional and clearly didn't want to talk to me at all. literally no reason for it i was coming to get some help and was suggested by a friend

ScottSydney, NSW

Very disappointed

My accountant of 5 years left branch without any notice to me.
Replacement accountant didn’t want to help or advise me with application for job keeper.
Left feeling distressed,worried and upset.
Now worried if I can access all my documents as he hung up on me.
No empathy shown to my situation as I have been left out of work.

Over-priced assisstance

I was charged $100 by a staff in H&R Wynnum just for making an ABN for me. I should have asked a friend and no charge at all. Like What!?

phil

philSouth East Queensland, QLD

could not do my tax return myself. very helpful.

very helpful and made me feel comfortable and she was easy to talk to .very knowledgeable and got me the best tax return that I have had for a long time .

Pritika

PritikaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unpleasant experience.

Went Into H&R block In Parkmore Vic wasn’t even greeted by the accountants because they only cared about the regular customers, after waiting for a fair bit got my accountant ,who struggled to navigate the ato system which took more then 30mins while she tried to fill details over and over again which seemed very concerning ,took more then 1.30 hours for a very simple tax return it was a very unpleasant experience would definitely go else where next time .

Luke B.

Luke B.

Friendly but scammish.

They won't accept payment via your bank....Why? Almost everyone in the world does.
Why?
Because they charge you a fee of $50 if you want it done through your withdrawal from your return.
They make more money from you if they deny your bank details and demand you pay their $50 fee.

My return was also nowhere near what I had expected, I usually do my own and I may have been better off doing it by-myself again.

Kat

KatNortheast, VIC

Not as good as they once were ??

It took H&R block 13 days to lodge my taxes return, I even called them on the 6 day to ask why it still had not been done? They said that they didn’t know and that they would do it that day with was the 17th but I had done it on the 12th, I left it and on the 27th I checked and the tax people said that it was not lodged until the 24th all most 2 weeks after I went to H& E block. For this I was charged $139 on the spot never again after this year will I be going back. Even though I have used them for years.

Kieren

KierenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Been a loyal customer until now...

Ben

BenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Inexperienced staff

I went to file my tax return at HR Block Port Melbourne last week. It seemed that the tax manager was using my tax return as her on-the-job training session. Sadly, She has insufficient tax knowledge and the software she used to file a tax return. I should have filed my tax return somewhere else.

vverytiredmummy

vverytiredmummyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money

Agent made errors so had to wait for someone else to come over and fix it.
2 weeks later and ATO still has no record of me having done my tax. Would have been more efficient to do it myself

HRB Richmond review

Overcharged

Omid

OmidEndeavour hills

Really expensive

I couldn't believe I gotta pay 145 $ for 20 min tax return as a simple worker, I never ever will go to H&R block I won't recommend anyone go there too, no happy at all with the price.

Paul.

Paul.Sydney, NSW

Not as advertised. A very ordinary service.

Stay away!

Avoid HR Block. Whilst my accountant I used for 2 years was lovely, only after moving elsewhere did I realise how much tax and super I had OVERPAID to the tax office. Money that I needed to keep within my company to grow it. No one else's fault but my own as I should've investigated earlier. They will also charge you for every little thing, so always question that $250 extra charge, when most accountants will do that for free.

Unprofessional

Very unprofessional he kept interrupting and talking to colleagues while he was doing my tax return! He also was answering phones. I didn’t trust him that he did the right gob.

Rocky P.

Rocky P.asked

hi do you guys help doing tax with crypto trading? thanks

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Rocky, thanks for getting in touch. Our offices are well equipped with tax experts that can assist you with this question. Find an office near you by visiting www.hrblock.com.au or call 13 23 25 to speak with an expert or to book an appointment today. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.

Rudy

Rudyasked

I have a question I need to ask an accountant about (profit & loss statement advice), is there a charge to get an answer over the phone?

Hi Rudy,

It is best to book a phone appointment for advise. You can do this via our website https://www.hrblock.com.au/locator
thanks H&R block

Mick. Hasked

why have they asked me to set up multiple client portals, when i wasnt happy with the original quote i said im getting a second opinion but still using a H & R consultant they said i need to set up another one, does this sound correct.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Mick, our apologies that you were asked of this. The client portal are setup at office level. So each office has their own client portal hence the reason you have been asked to setup another one.
Hope this helps. Thanks H&R Block

Thanks that makes sence.

Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives

For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.

H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.

Tax services for individuals:

• An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
  • Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
  • Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
  • Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
  • Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
  • Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.

Tax services for businesses:

• Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.

Points of praise for H&R Block:

• H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
  • Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
  • The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
  • Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.