H&R Block
See the Best Tax Preparation Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness
tmacGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

AVOID RICHMOND BRANCH AT ALL COSTS

Failed to complete Tax Return in allocated time and ignored messages and follow up calls for 8+days! The excuse offered by consultant and the manager was to gaslight me and ask I wanted my file made inactive - they had been busy themselves. Went to the HAMPTON PARK branch to see Radhika who is amazing, efficient, kind and intelligent. Easy service, no stress - have your phone appointments at OTHER BRANCHES. Richmond is too busy to deal with clients properly.

Hi Team, I’ve already taken my custom to another store

J Dale
J DaleMid North Coast, NSW

2021.return.

Have been using Hr block since 2006 for small business the service this year was very poor a charge of $439 for one piece of paper. Didn't get a copy of the return nor I don't get a tax invoice for payment. Each year the price jumps & quality service go's down. So they just lost a loyal customer.

Jess
JessCoomalie, NT

3 weeks to submit tax return

We had our tax done on the same day, 14 July, mine was submitted 10 days later and my partners has only just been submitted on the 3rd Aug. Terrible service from the Palmerston office. The receptionist is hard to understand over the phone also, doesn't say that you called H & R block just her name so that confuses people too. They also told us we could not have deductions for our rental property which we were entitled too. We will not be going back there again or to any H & R Block office again

Tom Duncan Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Tax Return.

Got my tax return done at Newton SA branch this morning. Never again. Girl doing my return wasn't trained and had to keep asking another staff member for assistance. Could hardly understand her due to different language. Initially got my return wrong - had to amend it. What should have taken maybe 20 minutes took over an hour to do. Could not recommend to anyone. Wont be using HR Block again - certainly not the Newton SA branch.

Tom Duncan

Thomas Alexander Duncan. Mob 0409941735. Office attended was Newton. Gorge Rd. SA

Hazel F.H&R Block

Thank you for sharing the information.

Phero J.
Phero J.South East Queensland, QLD

Good accountants, but the runaround when you need them urgently is unbelievable.

While HR block are knowledgeable and make taxes easy (when you go in organized at least), when you really need to speak to your accountant in a pinch it is damn near impossible. You can only call or email the head office, who then redirect you to the local branch. And then the ever fruitful "we'll call you when available", inevitably never happens. Just fix the communication issues and this would be the top tax company. Very frustrated and angry at the moment.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Very slow processing after appointment

It’s been 5 working days and my tax hasn’t even been lodged with the tax office yet, most people want their tax quickly, not for it to be all filled in but not be lodged
On a better note, I was happy with the service on the day of completing the paperwork

Overcharging

I was with there for 15 minutes and was charged $148.00 and of that time time we spent about three minutes on salutations. I'm a pensioner and make $2000.00 in extra income and they class that as a business tax preparation. If it wasn't for my extra income I wouldn't go there. They have taken 7.5% of my additional income for 15 minutes work and my return is an exact copy of the previous years. So much for there fake advertising that returns start at $99.00. You just couldn't get any simpler than my return.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
WaffleMe
WaffleMeMelbourne

3 agents, 4 appointments, 7 calls, and my assessment is still incomplete.

Dario B.Perth

Cheap but not value. Multiple online portals, call centres and offices working in silos.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Thank you Dario. I will pass this onto the marketing team for their review. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.

DoreenrunnerMelbourne

Software errors- accountant errors

Doreenrunner

Been 6 days and no response to my messages in the Hrblock account. Watch that once you pay...good luck with customer service.

Doreenrunner

Dont bother, took 8 days to reply and in top of that they wanted me to pay 30 something extra to file correction. Good luck!

kars b.
kars b.South East Queensland, QLD

worth a try

for a basic tax return it was as one would expect. Oddly enough and more particularly as one who avoids giving out personal details to anyone I have started receiving questionable text messages

Nic
NicGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

so rude

one of the girls on the phone was so unprofessional and the man i spoke to about help with my taxes was so rude and spoke down to me the whole time. very unprofessional and clearly didn't want to talk to me at all. literally no reason for it i was coming to get some help and was suggested by a friend

ScottSydney, NSW

Very disappointed

My accountant of 5 years left branch without any notice to me.
Replacement accountant didn’t want to help or advise me with application for job keeper.
Left feeling distressed,worried and upset.
Now worried if I can access all my documents as he hung up on me.
No empathy shown to my situation as I have been left out of work.

Over-priced assisstance

I was charged $100 by a staff in H&R Wynnum just for making an ABN for me. I should have asked a friend and no charge at all. Like What!?

phil
philSouth East Queensland, QLD

could not do my tax return myself. very helpful.

very helpful and made me feel comfortable and she was easy to talk to .very knowledgeable and got me the best tax return that I have had for a long time .

Rocky P.
Rocky P.asked

hi do you guys help doing tax with crypto trading? thanks

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Rocky, thanks for getting in touch. Our offices are well equipped with tax experts that can assist you with this question. Find an office near you by visiting www.hrblock.com.au or call 13 23 25 to speak with an expert or to book an appointment today. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.

Rudy
Rudyasked

I have a question I need to ask an accountant about (profit & loss statement advice), is there a charge to get an answer over the phone?

Hi Rudy,

It is best to book a phone appointment for advise. You can do this via our website https://www.hrblock.com.au/locator
thanks H&R block

Mick. Hasked

why have they asked me to set up multiple client portals, when i wasnt happy with the original quote i said im getting a second opinion but still using a H & R consultant they said i need to set up another one, does this sound correct.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Mick, our apologies that you were asked of this. The client portal are setup at office level. So each office has their own client portal hence the reason you have been asked to setup another one.
Hope this helps. Thanks H&R Block

Thanks that makes sence.

Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives

For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.

H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.

Tax services for individuals:

• An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
  • Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
  • Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
  • Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
  • Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
  • Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.

Tax services for businesses:

• Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.

Points of praise for H&R Block:

• H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
  • Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
  • The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
  • Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.