H&R Block
See the Best Tax Preparation Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness
Moy 'n Pete
Moy 'n PeteGlenning Valley

Very knowledgeable and polite.

Very polite and easy to talk to. The lady that did my return was knowledgeable but explained things in a down to earth way, not a lot of technical gobbly gook. Great at her job.

another tax return.

The person who prepared my simple tax return was pleasant, efficient, and professional. Each step in filling the return was explained to me . Assurances were offered for me to contact H&R Block for any further assistance. Thank you.

Tax return completion

H and R Block Lismore communicated when required. We're efficient, timely and professional. Good value. I was very satisfied. We have 3 returns a year and have used HR Block for over 10 years.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Very good and patience with someone who had trouble understanding some instructions.

Very helpful and patient, when I had some trouble with understanding some things. Very easy as well. Unfortunate it was on phone but again very understanding and patient when I could not hear what was said.

Ivars
Ivars

Telephone appointment

My consultant was very helpful and efficient. I had a little trouble with the client portal, which was due to my inexperience. When I discovered what the problem was, I was still talking to the consultant when our telephone conversation stopped. However, I completed the return from my end the next day and everything worked out.

tmacGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

AVOID RICHMOND BRANCH AT ALL COSTS

Failed to complete Tax Return in allocated time and ignored messages and follow up calls for 8+days! The excuse offered by consultant and the manager was to gaslight me and ask I wanted my file made inactive - they had been busy themselves. Went to the HAMPTON PARK branch to see Radhika who is amazing, efficient, kind and intelligent. Easy service, no stress - have your phone appointments at OTHER BRANCHES. Richmond is too busy to deal with clients properly.

Hi Team, I’ve already taken my custom to another store

Debbie
DebbieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good service at Biggera Waters Office

Happy with quick service and office locally. Easy to get an appointment-convenience of booking online & appreciated the text reminder i received prior to appointment. Have used H&R Block for ssveral yrs in nsw. 1st time use in Qld.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
J Dale
J DaleMid North Coast, NSW

2021.return.

Have been using Hr block since 2006 for small business the service this year was very poor a charge of $439 for one piece of paper. Didn't get a copy of the return nor I don't get a tax invoice for payment. Each year the price jumps & quality service go's down. So they just lost a loyal customer.

Ian
IanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good friendly service

I have been using your service for a few years now and have always been happy with the people we have dealt with, we will continue to use H&R Block for future returns Thanks

Efficient and thorough

The whole experience, from booking an appointment to seeing the consultant, was efficient and fuss free. Karen in Mittagong was, as usual, helpful and knowledgeable. All covid rules were implemented.

Robyn
RobynSydney, NSW

Highly recommend H&R Block @ Ingleburn

Great staff who are up to date and really know the ins & outs of tax. I have been using them for many years now and they are always efficient and helpful. I was super impressed at how easy the phone appointment was.

Mausy
MausySydney, NSW

Made the tax issue a lot easier to understand

Age being a restrictive position , old age that is, HRBlock have understood our concerns and their knowledge put our understanding to rest. We have used them for 3 years and not going elsewhere.

Good work, on time

Great people and place to do your tax return, I would highly recommend.
Was my first tax return and went great!
Very clear and patient judt what you need doing your tax.

Jess
JessCoomalie, NT

3 weeks to submit tax return

We had our tax done on the same day, 14 July, mine was submitted 10 days later and my partners has only just been submitted on the 3rd Aug. Terrible service from the Palmerston office. The receptionist is hard to understand over the phone also, doesn't say that you called H & R block just her name so that confuses people too. They also told us we could not have deductions for our rental property which we were entitled too. We will not be going back there again or to any H & R Block office again

Tax time

Used H & R over the last few years been easy to deal with them .Its good to know that if there are any problems there for me to resolve any problems

Rocky P.
Rocky P.asked

hi do you guys help doing tax with crypto trading? thanks

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Rocky, thanks for getting in touch. Our offices are well equipped with tax experts that can assist you with this question. Find an office near you by visiting www.hrblock.com.au or call 13 23 25 to speak with an expert or to book an appointment today. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.

Rudy
Rudyasked

I have a question I need to ask an accountant about (profit & loss statement advice), is there a charge to get an answer over the phone?

Hi Rudy,

It is best to book a phone appointment for advise. You can do this via our website https://www.hrblock.com.au/locator
thanks H&R block

Mick. Hasked

why have they asked me to set up multiple client portals, when i wasnt happy with the original quote i said im getting a second opinion but still using a H & R consultant they said i need to set up another one, does this sound correct.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Mick, our apologies that you were asked of this. The client portal are setup at office level. So each office has their own client portal hence the reason you have been asked to setup another one.
Hope this helps. Thanks H&R Block

Thanks that makes sence.

Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives

For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.

H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.

Tax services for individuals:

• An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
  • Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
  • Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
  • Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
  • Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
  • Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.

Tax services for businesses:

• Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.

Points of praise for H&R Block:

• H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
  • Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
  • The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
  • Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.