High level of expertise
Friendly and personable service
Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns
worth a try
for a basic tax return it was as one would expect. Oddly enough and more particularly as one who avoids giving out personal details to anyone I have started receiving questionable text messages
Expect long delays lodging tax return.
My tax return 18/19 was done on 5 July 2019 and was not lodged until 30 July 2019.
I was hoping to receive my tax refund from the ATO before now, 26 July 2019. Logged onto MyGov account many times only to find my tax return has not even been lodged.
After many enquiries (16 July to 27 July) about my tax return it was found on the HR Block system with a query from the HR tax agent (Melbourne) about documentation despite the fact my tax consultant (Adelaide) has sighted and verified all documentation.
The tax returns are no longer processed in...
Appointments mean nothing!
We made an online booking and requested a specific agent as had had previous dealings with her. The reason we preferred this certain agent was she was very articulate and informative. On arrival for our 12.00pm appointment, there were others also waiting for appointments that they had booked also. I understand some returns may be complex resulting is possible delays but when some 40 minutes later, the lady who we had requested finally became available she simply asked who was next in line. The people in front us went next. We spoke up at this ...point detailing that we had a 12.00 o'clock appointment with her specifically and her answer was that they take who ever was in the line first. Why even bother having a booking system? The agent who did end up assisting whilst apologizing was friendly but sometimes hard to understand and not too forthcoming with information. We really wanted our preferred agent. Not impressed this year.
Find out how H&R Block compares to other Tax Preparation Services
Know better, choose better.
Many years with H&R so this is going to be many years to do my tax, hope all your services in the future will make your clients happy and tax happy
Not what they seem
I took the pro option and paid $175. When I was called back to go over some details, the person didn't seem to be that knowledgeable, and was rather unhelpful with everything, it was like they had never seen some standard forms before. Do yourself a favour and learn how to do your own tax, or go to a proper accountant and pay a premium.
Went to H and R block in caloundra in qld. I was charged $190 dollars for consultation .I went through all my expenditures and was told they wasn't sure if I was going to get a bill or a refund. So at the moment I am in limbo. Staff were friendly .and aproachable
Questions & Answers
hi do you guys help doing tax with crypto trading? thanks
Hi Rocky, thanks for getting in touch. Our offices are well equipped with tax experts that can assist you with this question. Find an office near you by visiting www.hrblock.com.au or call 13 23 25 to speak with an expert or to book an appointment today. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.
I have a question I need to ask an accountant about (profit & loss statement advice), is there a charge to get an answer over the phone?
It is best to book a phone appointment for advise. You can do this via our website https://www.hrblock.com.au/locator
thanks H&R block
why have they asked me to set up multiple client portals, when i wasnt happy with the original quote i said im getting a second opinion but still using a H & R consultant they said i need to set up another one, does this sound correct.
Hi Mick, our apologies that you were asked of this. The client portal are setup at office level. So each office has their own client portal hence the reason you have been asked to setup another one.
Hope this helps. Thanks H&R Block
Thanks that makes sence.
Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives
For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.
H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.
Tax services for individuals:
- An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
- Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
- Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
- Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
- Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
- Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.
Tax services for businesses:
- Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.
Points of praise for H&R Block:
- H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
- Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
- The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
- Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.
H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.
Other Tax Preparation Services
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.