H&R Block
See the Best Tax Preparation Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Overcharged on fee!

I was charged additional fees which do not apply to my tax return. It has been next to impossible to get a response from anyone, the response I have received has been very unprofessional. I have been a customer for over ten years, this how loyal customers are treated.

Vicky D.
Vicky D.

Limited knowledge on Crypto taxes

This is the first time I lodged my tax with HR block. First, they took two months to go through my application. After two months, one of their accountants asked me for the same documents I submitted two months ago. And after the lodgement, they came up with the wrong numbers for my crypto trading. When I saw another tax consultant, they processed my application within a week and correctly calculated it. It is the worst experience I have ever had in my life with the tax agent.

benjamin j.
benjamin j.Hobart, TAS

Worst accounting firm

Took H&R block over 4 months to complete my return and I had to produce documents from over 7 years ago. Worst experience with an accountant I've ever had, definitely would not recommend completely incompetent. The funny part is they've been doing my taxes for well over 7 years and apparently didn't keep any records which is a criminal offence. Got less back than normal and in a year where I was supposed to get a significant tax cut. If you value money and time don't use H&R block completely incompetent.

Kat
Kat

Terrible Customer service and does not do their job.

Second time using HR Block Mornington for a simple tax return, last year was fine, the appointment and agent this year was fine. The tax appointment was 11/10 and 6 weeks later it still hadn't been filed, rang the office and was told they couldn't explain it but would look into it and get back to me. Two weeks later still not lodged and no phone call. Called again and could only get the general help desk, again was told could not tell me anything but would get a callback, no call back again. I Rang again, still no answer as to why it is not lodged and I was not able to speak to anyone higher as apparently there is not a single manager at HR block Australia available at 9:30 on a Tuesday morning. Very poor service, won't be back.

DeMaxRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Go somewhere else

Absolutely shocking customer service at H&R Block. Last year it took them months to complete a simple 10 minute lodgment and even then they forgot half of it. Thinking it couldn't be as bad I foolishly went back again this year , 3 months and still waiting for them to do a simple return. It has taken them so long it is holding up my other ATO affairs. If you want timely, professional service go somewhere else.

DeMax

A month later and apparently they are still too busy to do 10 minutes work. $400 for 10 minutes every year for 20 years and they simply couldn't be bothered doing it. Customer service means nothing to this mob.

Unprofessional don't call when they say they will

Had an appointment scheduled for 5:30pm Monday to finalise tax return and pay, wait for the call nothing. Then later they send an email to say they will call 6pm Wednesday on a day I have already said I'm unavailable. Don't bother will go elsewhere and you won't be paid for the work you have done since you didn't bother to call to complete it

Karan a.
Karan a.Sydney, NSW

Over-rated. The established name runs business.

Female head accountant parramatta (not westfield)did tax returns. Charged more than advertised price under clear conditions. When called just apologised but did not return excess., even after repeat call days later. Professionalism so-so. Attitude ' customer is a dummy'. She is 'miss know it all'. They contradict their motto to maximise returns, rather no efforts to even give a second thought. More of a data entry clerk.big blunder to use them.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Miss shyanne n.
Miss shyanne n.

This place is terrible.They keep taking my friends money out of his account when they agreed to take it out of his tax)

Agrees to take money out of tax but then decides to take it after tax has been paid. Helps themselves to your bank account and just takes your money out!

Absolutely incompetent

Javi
JaviGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

One month after and no tax return yet

More than a month after started with an expert tax return online and still have no see the return, thinking online would be quicker I was completely wrong, communication is after 2-3 days or more, then I was told that was ready to lodge, wait and wait and wait and contact them and they told me the need it more documents,,, completely inefficient if you need a speedy process, very unhappy client , is a shame I can’t give them a zero start

Hazel F.H&R Block

I had a very poor experience at the modbury office

Un happy with complaints system they admitted that there were faults in my return and delaying the refund Bruce lied to me at the Modbury office And there office will not offer a solution

Hazel F.H&R Block

Worst experince ive ever had.

Did simple tax return, lodged on 15/7/2021, still no return paid yet!!! Todays is 1/9/2021 still no return!!!
I message them, ask them to call me, they dont. Dispicable customer service and cant contact any human via phone, and they dont call you when you ask them to. Almost 2 months and im still waiting on my return.

Elli W.
Elli W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

TERRIBLE

I did my tax through them and it was a nightmare. First alarm bell was that the lady who answered the phone said "I can do it for you now". and I really don't think she was even a registered accountant. It took almost 2 hours for it to be complete (probably due to the fact that she wasn't an accountant). After 4 weeks I still hadn't seen my money come thorough so I contacted them. When they finally got back to me they simply said "the issue has been resolved and your money is on the way". What was the issue though? because of this incompetence I have been late to pay some bills, this is not good enough.

Ama
AmaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Refund Holdup

Peter M.
Peter M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Useless telephone support line 13 23 25

The telephone line appears to only be for making appointments. The person on the other end was not able to answer any questions and took my details said I would be called back. Wasn't called back.

Justin
Justinasked

Hi, I did my tax return this evening and was charged $180 for a basic one income, no investment tax return. When I looked on your web site it said that the fee should be $149. Do you know why I would have been charged extra? Thank you.

Xaver B.
Xaver B.asked

I want to report you to the ato who do I call

Gabby
Gabby

H & R Block are professional and legitimate tax agents. Go ahead and report me, you won’t get very far with whatever your problem is.

Roland
Rolandasked

Can I transfer my tax return data from previous years from one H&R Office to another?

Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives

For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.

H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.

Tax services for individuals:

• An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
  • Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
  • Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
  • Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
  • Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
  • Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.

Tax services for businesses:

• Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.

Points of praise for H&R Block:

• H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
  • Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
  • The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
  • Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.