H&R Block
See the Best Tax Preparation Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by H&R Block

Pros

High level of expertise
Friendly and personable service
Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

OMAR
OMAR

Not good at this point

I made my tax this year with H&R block , for individual and I expected that i will get my return in 2 x weeks time as normal, but so fare, till today, my tax hasn't been submitted yet or processed. To be honest, it drove me crazy and i'm really very upset for that. Tax office and MYGOV both showing that my tax hasn't been processed YET! When i asked my accountant, she said, sorry we very busy but we will.....!!! and there is no any problem with my tax assessment.There is no way that one single PAYG payment summary for individual takes more than 14 days to be submitted or to process it.
NO COMMENT

Upset Customer
Upset CustomerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible service for 2020

Great service last year that is why I came back this year. Big Mistake!!
26 days since I completed my basic return and still not lodged with the ATO. Understand busy this year but
many many calls to the branch and also the H & R Block customer service line in the last week to get an answer and given the run around and no return calls as promised. Wont be using their services again anytime in the future

Incredibly Frustrating
Incredibly FrustratingDarling Downs, QLD

Terrible beyond belief

The Toowoomba office is incompetent beyond belief and after 3 weeks can’t work out what they’ve done with my return or give me any answers. Time for a new agency

Maria H.
Maria H.Darling Downs, QLD

Not organised and very unprofessional

Awkward appointment and made me feel awkward. I wasn’t able to claim a lot of deductions I had planned too and that’s fine but how I was told made me feel crap and the whole time he was talking about himself and made me feel anxious. Then he forgot to tell me what my refund is and he was just rambling on about he owns 18 properties blah blah. He was unprofessional and all over the place. I won’t return next financial year to do my tax here.

HEH
HEH

Unprofessional Staff

Barry O.
Barry O.Perth, WA

Prepare for a long wait

We booked an appointment for 12pm today. We arrived at 11:45 and were still waiting at the Cockburn office at 12:30pm.
What's the point of making a booking and still have to wait over 45 mins.
I went home and lodged our returns over the phone with another company in less than 15 mins.
We will not use H& R Block every again.

Arron
ArronO'Connor 2602, ACT

Terrible service

Worst return I’ve ever gotten! They force you to pay them cash otherwise it’s an extra $30 essential did nothing I could have done it myself and followed the prompts! Even worse when your running your own business! They are the dearest and get you the least! Take your money and just see an independent agent!

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Sole Trader
Sole TraderHunter Region, NSW

JobKeeper - Miss out because of pour advise from HR Block

Heath
HeathSouth East Queensland, QLD

almost new financial year and still no return but they were quick to take their payment

My Partner lodged her return tax time last year at Hr Block Aspley took payment, later to discover that they had filed her return incorrect. Now we have been trying to either get the return lodged correctly for almost a year with no help from Hr Block which has now been resulted in weekly calls from my partner.
Staff seem to be not very knowledgable and even worse unable to repair their mistakes.

Lack of Attention to Detail - don't respond to emails

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi , I'm sorry that you haven't had a positive experience with us. If you would like to email me the details I could escalate your issues with the District Manager. Email address is marketing@hrblock.com.au
Kind Regards, H&R Block Team

MarkieMark
MarkieMark

what details do you need?

Hi, please let us know which office you had this issue with. Thanks H&R Block

tax return 2019

I used the H&R block for my tax return last year. My visa was complicated and one of the staff said that he was gonna look after my tax return. But he was completely useless and he had stopped contact as well. So I finished the tax return by myself. And I requested refund but the office manager had a defensive attitude on the phone. I also emailed the HR department but I never received a response. I thought that this was not fair. I am not gonna use this company anymore and I was so disappointed.

The store was Brunswick East. I will absolutely not recommend this store.

Emma W.Victoria

I would not recommend them to anyone

I have never ever had such bad service ever. They have been paid yet can not and have not completed my last year company return. Please steer away, steer away...

Emma W.

I have sent several emails regarding my return no one even got back to me... I do not want my returns done by you, if that is the way you handle people's business I could not trust you doing my returns.

Find out how H&R Block compares to other Tax Preparation Services

Defective software, very poor service, & suspicious intrusive conduct

After eternal hold times, and transfers, I proved to H&R Block via emailed screen captures, vis a vis TurboTax, that their software was defective for even simple W-2 tax returns which use form 8962 for healthcare.

They asked for only my receipt and mailing address by email.
Then someone called, asking for my social security number.
Then, when I emailed again, asking where is my promised refund, they replied, asking for my date of birth, and credit card activity, showing the purchase.

Very suspicious, looking like a setup for identity theft, and they are obviously trying to wear me out with all their demands, rather than honestly admitting their flaw, and issuing me a refund. Outrageous.

Don
Don
Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Don, thank you for your reply. We have escalated this to the H&R Block in the US, this review platform is for the Australian region. Thank you for your patience. H&R Block AUS team.

Iraj G.
Iraj G.Sydney, NSW

Incompetence beyond measure

H&R block are merely a hole in the wall accountants and not to be used for business. We used them for our business and we have paid for their incompetence and lack of knowledge. They probably do ok for doing a single return with minimal complexity but when it comes to a business and even a minor complex situations, they are inadequate to meet the challenge. We are very happy we left them.

Jason B.
Jason B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Tax income

Charrged for retrieving my super under hardship!
Seriously I out of $10000 o was able to get out promised I would get the $3000 back at taxtime not working full time charged by H& R Block to get my super information poor!
Only got $2400
Charged $9.00 to get this terrible won't be back!

very dissappointed
very dissappointedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

PORTAL HOLDS NO DOCUMENTS

BRUNO M.
BRUNO M.South East Queensland, QLD

the online tax lodgement is useless

used the online self lodgment system, was asked some useless question by an anonymous person just to delay my return being lodged, in the end it was left as "reviewing" and left unlodged with the ATO for almost 2 weeks. was charged $59 and my tax return never got lodged and just to rub salt into the wound they charged my credit card twice. My questions never got answered and my refund went unlodged., I got my money refunded through my credit card company and went elsewhere. Totally wasted my time with H&R Block, useless company. AVOID

Caz1310
Caz1310Melbourne

No real benefit

The advisor we saw didnt greet us just ushered us into a cubicle and didnt offer any advice unless we asked direct questions. Considering the amount of info on the ATO website we got zero value from H&R Block and on this basis do not recommend. Next year we will do our own tax using resources already available on ATO website etc.

Mitra
MitraSydney

Inefficient accountants DO NOT USE

We did the mistake of doing our tax with this company,their accountants are super inefficient,they've been doing our head in for a simple process.They never respond to emails.
Worst experience and a waste of money.

Kristie
KristieBrisbane

Poor knowledge

They missed approximately $5000 worth of deductions for my personal tax which I now need to pay to rectify. I used H&R Block in Woolloongabba. I even questioned the accountant about the deduction and she did not know

Michael Duggan
Michael DugganGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unsatisfactory

My wife and I had our ATO returns done, as we do every year. Large price increases for a service that was lack lustre. The charges made and not reasonable and we will never be using the services again unless we receive some sort of reply/justification.

Nicole G
Nicole G

Data breach

These guys are absolute criminals. They paid my tax return into someone else’s account and then proceeded to provide me with all of his personal details (bank account/ address/ name and number). So rest assured your personal details are not safe with them.
This happened over a month ago and I am still waiting for my refund....
Braddon in the ACT may need to sort themselves out if they want to stay in business...

RTOM
RTOMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not worth it!

It has been one week since I lodged my tax at Berwick office but it is still not lodged with ATO. Got a call today unable to find my records.

Terrible service.

My tax took 5 weeks to even reach the Australian tax association and I had to go in twice to have my tax done as they apparently had a new system they were not used to. Very disappointed.

B Patterson
B PattersonPerth

Hit and run

After ring a few H&R Block place I found someone who could speak English coherently . I made a appointment .. the agent couldn’t find the portal where my Employer Lodged group certificate .. but went ahead off my email details took the fee now the return has been canceled by the tax department I asks for money back they said no .. highest tax returns Guaranteed ha ha $150 down the drain ..