H&R Block
See the Best Tax Preparation Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by H&R Block

Pros

High level of expertise
Friendly and personable service
Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Keepprivate
KeepprivateMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lost tax information twice and sent my personal info to wrong person!

Audited

Audited by ATO no one wanted to look after eventually the manager had to do it himself. Dragged on over 12 months and have now been told No deductions will be allowed for that year. Cost us thousands of dollars. Wrongly. Where is the "we have your back" and "satisfaction guarantee". We don't claim for anything we're not allowed to but due to unprofessionalism and lack of care on our accountant we are allowed no deductions for that year. But it's OK because we can pay the tax debt from the next 2 years deductions!???

Professionals at taking the payment but returns don’t get lodged for 3 weeks

jld
jldGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Once they have your money, be concerned

Screwed me over $2000 dollars, waiting for management at H&R block to call me back for over 3 weeks yet they havent bothered, they act very concerned and say "you're not the only person having this problem with the woman at boronia, we will fix everything and get back to you" yet have no decency to bother calling you. Avoid H&R block at all costs, once they have your money they don't give a crap.

neikoroxx
neikoroxxMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Left hand doesn't know it has a right hand

Had 4 years of tax returns to lodge. Went to Norwood office in Adelaide. Theyre not even registered tax agents! They just send the return to main office to have someone in Sydney lodge it. And two of the returns weren't filled out properly (which meant returning to the store and berating them) and then they tried to charge me for 5 tax returns instead of 4! Bloody awful!

Not happy Karen
Not happy KarenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disappointing.

13 days after having my tax done at H & R Block Richmond NSW, I checked MyGov.com which said my tax return had not been submitted. I telephoned & spoke to the lady who did my return & she said she would look into it & return my call. Later that afternoon I phoned again & spoke to their receptionist who told me there was a glitch at head office & it has now been submitted.
No apology.
I then phoned H & R Block head office the following day to complain about the customer service & I was told I would receive a call from someone but of course I am still waiting.

Very disappointed and terrible

It is very disappointing , I check my apps at ATO it says it not process yet and I call to the H&R block then it says it processed already really? Which you want me to believe ? It’s terrible and I would never ever ask my friends again to do it here

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Do not use their online return system!! they rip you off!!

The cost of this return is a lot more expensive through their online system compared to coming in. I've never paid more than $150 for a tax return and they upped mine to $250 because i claimed a very small amount from a few teaching jobs I had during the year and charged me for a business return. They do their job but I wont be doing this again and will ensure nobody i know does their tax return this way. Absolutely ridiculous. Zero stars.

Disappointed
DisappointedPerth, WA

Very rude

The receptionist and consultant Carina were the rudest people I have come across . Absolutely disgusted , will never go back, nor will any friends or family members. The most Terrible experience I have ever encountered.

Wally
WallyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Still waiting....

I was able to get an appointment and the process was seamless all good so far.

I checked the ATO site to check on progress to learn my return is not lodged 3 days after filing, I followed H&R Block to be advised "it is with our Head Office going through our audit system", I thought fair enough. I then let it go another 4 business days and followed the office for an update and now no response from the Camberwell office to my e-mail a further 4 days later.

So my return was completed 8 business days ago (plus 2 weekends) and to the best of my knowledge still not lodged.

SweetPea
SweetPeaSouthwest, VIC

ONE MONTH TO LODGE

On July 3 I paid cash up front and authorised H & R Block in Geelong to submit my return to ATO. Assurance was given by the person assisting me that this would be done within a week. A phone call to Geelong office on July 30 confirmed that my return hadn’t been lodged. Reason given was that they had changed their auditing team and this was the cause of the delay. Really?

Simon
SimonSydney, NSW

Shocking tax agent

All my years before I usually get back over $1000 this year i got around $250. The agent was stressed and overworked and was rushing everything. Was finished in 10minn where as my previous accounts sat with me for 30min asking me questions about claims. I will never use this company again.

Jordan
JordanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can not believe the quality of service

I certainly will not be doing my tax next year with this company. I have waited 4 weeks for my return and it has only just been lodged a month later after chasing them around like a silly goose. Promised phone calls from the district manger, store manger and never received any calls / I have had to call them everyday for a week to find this “resolution” 2 months to get my return back..

Shane S.
Shane S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Will not use again

I done my tax online advertised 20 dollars when I finished told me it was 80 dollars I could have done it myself for free just as easy took 10 days for them to send it to the ato they received my return 4 days ago still not in my account all though they told me it would be in by today

Sugapop
SugapopGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad experience!

I went to Deer Park branch to do my tax return in May 2019 after the consultation I paid $265 but the agent still hasn't lodge my tax yet. After thinking much I felt not happy with the result so I went back to ask for the refund. Until now in July they still haven't refund me back. Very frustrating! They keep delaying and delaying everyday. I have to nag them everyday. Never dealing with H&R Block anymore!

So unhelpful

I received a bill and they would not help explain it to me. When I called for help they were very rude and condescending. For comparison, the ATO gave much better service and explanation.

Marie D.
Marie D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Expect long delays lodging tax return.

Paloma I
Paloma IGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible experience! Completely incompetent!

Took 3 weeks after original appointment to lodge my tax! Completely unhelpful and refused to give explanation for mistake afterwards, kept calling me claiming i forgot to sign several documents. The person who assisted me didn’t speak English and kept getting up to get assistance.
After talking to them 3 weeks after my original appointment I was promised it would get lodged that afternoon and instead took another 3 days!
Maybe just a bad experience but I will definitely not go back as they even refused to apologise for their mistakes!

Ken
KenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They hide the charges

I walked into HR block to return my taxes. The advertised charges is $139 for individual tax return , the consultant did the review and we started working . Once the work was done they added $60 ( incl taxes) as hidden charges. Please check everything properly before going with them . They quietly charged an hidden $60. An alert message - very sneaky service.

Mrs Bucket
Mrs BucketPerth, WA

Appointments mean nothing!

PeterW
PeterW

Very good

Many years with H&R so this is going to be many years to do my tax, hope all your services in the future will make your clients happy and tax happy

Alice
AliceMid North Coast, NSW

Very disappointed

Katherine T.
Katherine T.Perth, WA

Poor service, very poor follow up on review.

I did my tax 15 days ago, it was not submityes to the ATO, I rang multiple times was told no when I asked to speak to a manager, had to phone head office to hear from a manager who finally submitted my tax 15 days late.

I had my appointment with the Muswellbrook HR Block Office on 8.7.19 and as of today 23.7.19 the ATO has no record of my Tax Return being lodged.
After several emails to the Muswellbrook office, there is still no responce or explanation.
A friend of mine who used the My Gov App a week after my appointment already has his refund and he did pay $140 to have it done.
HR Block is terrible and I advise people to go else where or do it yourself.

Kerry
KerryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I'm so disappointed in H&R block .

I'm so disappointed in H&R block they didn't fill out my tax form correctly,so it was sent back to sit in their computer system for 2weeks,I've just had it resent today.If I hadn't called it would still be sitting there.5July was when i was made to believe it was lodged.$178.00 for unprofessional service,Incompetence never going back.