H&R Block
See the Best Tax Preparation Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by H&R Block

Pros

High level of expertise
Friendly and personable service
Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Terrible service

Service doesn't even rate the required 1 star i had to enter I was changed from my original accountant because they were no longer able to do trusts a guy took over my tax and he left after the first BAS then transferred to a guy in SA, I'm in Tas It has been a bloody nightmare ever since loosing my original accountant, I am constantly ringing for my BAS to be completed to the point I now have the government trying to charge me late lodgement fees, Thank God this is the last of my contract caus I am so over it the service is absolutely shocking

James H.
James H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst tax experience of my life

I am still trying to get my tax return from H&R Block (2 months waiting). No one seems to care. Avoid these guys at all costs, i've shown up to the office multiple times to get answers, i've called 7 times now and still not one solution for something that should be VERY simple.

Paul
PaulSydney, NSW

Great effort!

H and R block what great effort in redoing my tax returns! The lady did very well at calculating my tax returns with extreme focus at the time I was very impressed and I would definitely recommend H and R Block at Springwood NSW!

Done & Dusted for another year

Fast and efficient service my consultant takes the hassle and worry out of the whole process with all the rules at her fingertips she ensures all valid deductions have been maximised Thankyou

Overcharged on fee!

I was charged additional fees which do not apply to my tax return. It has been next to impossible to get a response from anyone, the response I have received has been very unprofessional. I have been a customer for over ten years, this how loyal customers are treated.

Vicky D.
Vicky D.

Limited knowledge on Crypto taxes

This is the first time I lodged my tax with HR block. First, they took two months to go through my application. After two months, one of their accountants asked me for the same documents I submitted two months ago. And after the lodgement, they came up with the wrong numbers for my crypto trading. When I saw another tax consultant, they processed my application within a week and correctly calculated it. It is the worst experience I have ever had in my life with the tax agent.

benjamin j.
benjamin j.Hobart, TAS

Worst accounting firm

Took H&R block over 4 months to complete my return and I had to produce documents from over 7 years ago. Worst experience with an accountant I've ever had, definitely would not recommend completely incompetent. The funny part is they've been doing my taxes for well over 7 years and apparently didn't keep any records which is a criminal offence. Got less back than normal and in a year where I was supposed to get a significant tax cut. If you value money and time don't use H&R block completely incompetent.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Kat
Kat

Terrible Customer service and does not do their job.

Second time using HR Block Mornington for a simple tax return, last year was fine, the appointment and agent this year was fine. The tax appointment was 11/10 and 6 weeks later it still hadn't been filed, rang the office and was told they couldn't explain it but would look into it and get back to me. Two weeks later still not lodged and no phone call. Called again and could only get the general help desk, again was told could not tell me anything but would get a callback, no call back again. I Rang again, still no answer as to why it is not lodged and I was not able to speak to anyone higher as apparently there is not a single manager at HR block Australia available at 9:30 on a Tuesday morning. Very poor service, won't be back.

DeMaxRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Go somewhere else

Absolutely shocking customer service at H&R Block. Last year it took them months to complete a simple 10 minute lodgment and even then they forgot half of it. Thinking it couldn't be as bad I foolishly went back again this year , 3 months and still waiting for them to do a simple return. It has taken them so long it is holding up my other ATO affairs. If you want timely, professional service go somewhere else.

DeMax

A month later and apparently they are still too busy to do 10 minutes work. $400 for 10 minutes every year for 20 years and they simply couldn't be bothered doing it. Customer service means nothing to this mob.

DeMax

Another month, still too busy. Over 6 months it has been with them now and they say they still can't find time to do it.

Jiten
JitenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Straightforward and quick service

H&R Cannon Hill helped me fill my tax returns very quickly and without any issues. Offered professional advise for my tax return. Booking the appointment was a quick and easy process through the main website. Plenty of free parking outside the office.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Unprofessional don't call when they say they will

Had an appointment scheduled for 5:30pm Monday to finalise tax return and pay, wait for the call nothing. Then later they send an email to say they will call 6pm Wednesday on a day I have already said I'm unavailable. Don't bother will go elsewhere and you won't be paid for the work you have done since you didn't bother to call to complete it

Karan a.
Karan a.Sydney, NSW

Over-rated. The established name runs business.

Female head accountant parramatta (not westfield)did tax returns. Charged more than advertised price under clear conditions. When called just apologised but did not return excess., even after repeat call days later. Professionalism so-so. Attitude ' customer is a dummy'. She is 'miss know it all'. They contradict their motto to maximise returns, rather no efforts to even give a second thought. More of a data entry clerk.big blunder to use them.

Bridget
BridgetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Service from Jason

I previously called your office to make a booking in November but was told by a female (forgot to get her name) who told us we couldn't make a booking in November and didn't explain why. Never offered to get back to us to rebook. The only reason I booked with Jason was because an email was sent to me reminding me to book and offered me online booking which I found really efficient. Jason who did our tax return was awesome, efficient, professional and gave us the best outcome.

Vince
VinceSydney, NSW

Convenient and efficient srevice.

I find the H & R Block site more user friendly than the ATO site. The fact that H & R Block is well established and reputable is reasuring for a new client.

Michael
MichaelIllawarra, NSW

Cost v's deductions.

A bit pricey, but they ensure they find all of the possible deductions. I've been with H & R for a while now, so I'll reassess it in about 12 months.

Justin
Justinasked

Hi, I did my tax return this evening and was charged $180 for a basic one income, no investment tax return. When I looked on your web site it said that the fee should be $149. Do you know why I would have been charged extra? Thank you.

Xaver B.
Xaver B.asked

I want to report you to the ato who do I call

Gabby
Gabby

H & R Block are professional and legitimate tax agents. Go ahead and report me, you won’t get very far with whatever your problem is.

Roland
Rolandasked

Can I transfer my tax return data from previous years from one H&R Office to another?

Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives

About H&R Block Tax Accountants

H&R Block has been in operation for over 50 years, and has a variety of service options to suit people in all kinds of financial circumstances.

With over 400 offices nation-wide that are open both nights and weekends, they're suited to those working full-time or have busy lifestyles.

H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions, including the following services:

• Tax services for individuals, letting you choose from an in-office tax return, an online DIY tax return, or enlisting the help of an online tax adviser, who can give you the best of both worlds, letting you fill out your return online but helping you out if you get stuck.
  • Tax services for businesses, including taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts, and bookkeeping services.
  • Other financial services, including financial planning, Self Managed Super Funds (SMSF), and MoneyHub, which lets you get a free credit score.

H&R Block also does specialised individual tax servies including US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you've missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns. They also do second look assessments, which check whether you've received the maximum amount for a tax return.

Points of praise for H&R Block:

• H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers.
  • Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
  • The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated.
  • Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.

ProductReview_2022 Awards_logo

H&R Block is a proud 2022 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.