H&R Block
See the Best Tax Preparation Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Great return

Staff at H&R Block were knowledgeable of process to maximise my tax return, happy to answer questions relating to return and efficient well done

It’s great

‍ it is in fact independent of the existence of human beings and their mental states: even if there had never been any human ... there is no absolute or objective truth; truth is relative and subjective

Chris Smith
Chris SmithHobart, TAS

H&R make Tax time easy!!

H&R make getting my Taxes done each year stress free. We always get an appointment when we need and the friendly staff help you get what you can, entitled to each year.

Shazz
ShazzSydney, NSW

Excellent and professional service

H & R block know what they are doing, are very knowledgeable on the latest take changes, always friendly and professional, quick and go above and beyond to get the best return for you.

Anthony
AnthonySydney, NSW

This was a very good experience of great value

My Experience is that your staff are professional in their advice and in assisting clients to get the best outcome for the tax year. Your assistance in working with your portal might need some fine tuning to make it more friendly to use. Thank you.

Tiny
TinySydney, NSW

A flawed process

Post teleconference is cumbersome, inefficient and time consuming. An economy of words is usually rewarded. Why not provide a form on-line or emailed that the client could elect to fill in?
I did not appreciate being ambushed with another survey.

Practical

I’ve used H&R Block for several years since retiring and only having a simplex return. The online service is practical, economical and simple to use. H&R Block offers a comprehensive range of taxation services

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Mish C
Mish CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really happy!

I was taken care of, on time, great service and got a great return. In the hands of a true professional, Archita Shekhawat made getting tax done so easy and efficient. Thank you!

Dave M.
Dave M.Hunter Region, NSW

Many thanks, well done

Very supportive, client focused, professional service. H&R Block did a great job of sorting out my tax affairs, which I must admit were a bit of a mess. Many thanks to Linda.

swampfox
swampfoxBrisbane

Incompetent and slow service provided for online return

Early Tax Return

Very helpful and was done quickly and Efficiently and as it was done on the computer it will be completed soon by the Tax department and I will receive my money in about two weeks. Dear

From Memory a week day after work around 6.p,m

I felt comfortable during these covid times, Vicky was polite and professional, my return is decent and Vicky the tax consultant was very knowledgeable and she followed through with what she said she would do, for example I had to email some other documents to Vicky, once i did Vicky acknowledged receipt of them and explained to me what will happen next all with in 24 hours. I did not have to chase a response which can be hard if you work shift work and travel a lot.
Good service I’ll be back next year.

Cybelle M.
Cybelle M.Southwest, VIC

Great tax service

I was able to get an appointment for my preferred day. The appointment didn’t go over time, my return is decent and the tax consultant was very knowledgeable. Good service I’ll be back next year.

Perfect for my situation

I was very satisfied, the accountant had a good grasp of what was to be done and how to give me the best return. The staff were friendly and the office clean, tidy with plenty of off street parking.

zoggers
zoggersSydney, NSW

great work

found consultant very friendly and knowledgeable, was able to give us phone appointment directly and when it was needed for our tax return , would definitely recommend this tax agent to friends

Easy Tax Return

It was easy to book an appointment and the tax return took an hour to complete, even with a rental property. Friendly and knowledgeable staff, that made the process easy.

Disappointing Service

Steve
SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor service, unreliable, unprofessional.

Do not use this firm - go to a real accountant. One that will actually attend a scheduled appointment or at least call back when you follow up with them as to why they were a now show

Ivan C.
Ivan C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Agent did not show up on appointment

Booked a phone appointment through email for a tax return with Ash for 02-July-2021 12PM and agent did not show up. Called the office to check on what's going on and office admin said that nothing was booked for this date and time and dodged my question when I asked for a specific reason on why nothing was booked.

I want to believe that H&R Block is good (Judging from the good positive reviews) but how in the world did this happened.....

Kayla
Kayla

Avoid!

Absolutely horrific. Avoid if you can. Lodged online with communicating via a chat function. No correspondence in over 24 hours, continually asking the same questions that were already submitted as if speaking to a bot. Can’t speak to anyone because they’re not answering. I want my money back!

Fan G.
Fan G.

Block by name, block by nature

Linda
LindaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Abysmal service

I attended an appointment at Gosford's H&R Block office in February 2021. After delivering my private details, I have been chasing the agent since then with many phone calls but he remains unresponsive.
His offsider rang me 2 weeks ago and said he had been sick but they would get back to me.
I again rang yesterday and was promised a callback by 7pm.
I would like to know why I have been put on the backburner and if my tax affairs are too difficult for this agent, then I would like to know and I'll move on.
I need to get my affairs in order and this is causing me much stress and time wasting. I went to the Gosford office yesterday but it remained closed.

Switch312
Switch312Sydney, NSW

Late Return - No Response and No Assistance

Used HR Block Online Tax Advisor service - the HR Block staff member assured me the return would be completed on time and so I left the matter with them. The return is now 2 days late and I still have not received a response from the HR Block advisor and may now face penalties from the ATO. Terrible Service.

Unauthorised direct debit

I completed my tax return in July last year and have just had two unauthorised direct debit payments coming out of my account and overdrawing it twice. Stay away from H&R Block. They’ll take unauthorised payments from your account.

James P.
James P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Yes they're cheap, and yes you get what you pay for.

Dont reply to emails until after you chase them a few times. Ultimately took almost six months to sort my return AFTER I had done all the calculation for them. Will be using someone else next year.