H&R Block
See the Best Tax Preparation Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Unrealiable, lack of responses and completely ignoring emails and calls

MH48Sunshine Coast

You can't rely on H&R Block for anything important

Michael MHunter Region, NSW

Still Waiting For Response

Been using H&R Block now for some 40 years + and have never had a reason to complain until now.
I received a credit on my tax return for 2019 /2020 which is all very good and is what I usually receive back from the government.
However 3 weeks ago I received notice by mail that I owed the tax office $904.70
I emailed H&R all the info that regarding my debt incurred and as of now some three weeks later have had no response from them at all.
I have paid the ATO the outstanding amount but I would have appreciated H&R to get back to me.
Regards, MM

Leanne R.
Leanne R.Perth, WA

Friendly and efficient service

I always get the same person on request. She is helpful and asks the question you don’t necessarily think of. Most of the work is done before I get there. Always friendly and gets me the best results.

LeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Strongly advise not to use karingal branch

Lee Goodson, 0478902208 karingal

Hazel F.H&R Block

Thank you Lee, I have passed on your details to the District Manager. If you would like to provide any addition information, please send a private message to marketing@hrblock.com.au. Kind Regards, The H&R Block Team.

Pedram A.
Pedram A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent service after I reported my bad experience

I received excellent service from one of the Melbourne managers.
my initial online service experience was bad but after two complaints, Michelle took action on my file and provided a premium service.

Suvin
Suvin

Amazing staff, love Vincent and Noel!

The Kew H & R staff are very friendly and kind. I have been filing my taxes with H & R Block Kew since 2016. I am a repeating customer because not only they provide me with the best return, but also providing me the best service by booking an appointment for a time and a date that suits me. They will make sure that you get the best tax return without a doubt!

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid if you can

Steve

I called several times and was given false assurances and the run around. what is the point now when I have left a review. Someone should have been proactive sooner and flagged it. No good.

Rob
RobVictoria

Tax Return

I had all my receipts and records ready to go and Mandy from HR Block had everything else from the ATO ,, she made it very easy for me to understand and explained everything that I did not understand... Mandy was very professional..

This was great

Happy with all aspects of your service, very punctual and it is nice to work with someone that has all your needs and requirements at hand and very happy to say very professional at what was done for me.

Timothy
TimothyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great personal service

Extremely professional services with every attention to detail and working for the client, every step fully explained many questions asked and answered very satisfied with the out come and value for the peace of mind it gives.

Fonki
FonkiSydney, NSW

Very poor

2 appts booked - 1st one late so I rescheduled. 2nd time - no show. I called to find out and was told that these things happen and it's a bit like waiting in the doctors surgery. I can't believe that analogy was used but it just shows that they absolutely don't care. Last time I did my tax return with them, I hadn't received my refund so I called back to find they hadn't even submitted it. They said they had questions which I had answered in the appointment that I took time off work to go to! Didn't inform me or let me know as though I'm psychic. Very poor. I won't even call it a service

Terrance M.
Terrance M.Perth, WA

Satisfied Client

There was no long wait & An excellent & pleasant Tax Service was rendered to my wife & Me. The Tax Consultant was friendly & very efficient. Used him previously & shall continue to do so.

Double N.
Double N.Perth, WA

Worse tax agent ever

Very disappointed and will not recommend this to anyone. The agent was unprofessional and kept asking personal questions regarding place of origin and my nationality. He wasted an hour to do my tax return that already has been pre-filled by my employers. Unlike his previous colleague, his not knowledgeable and kept changing my tax return amount! The service fee was also increased but there was no detail on why and how did he come up with the number? Overall very ambiguous and confusing.

Tax made easy

I can highly recommend H&R Block for doing your tax if you need to get it done quickly and efficiently. In the past I had a wonderful specialist private tax accountant, but she became very expensive and would book out months and months after the end of financial year. H&R Block gave me a same day appointment after I requested it, they spent the time helping me navigate their online portal (I live in Melbourne during COVID and had to do everything remotely over the phone). It was quick, easy and I was able to receive a maximum refund.

solid service for my pretty simple return

I have a pretty simple return and H&R get it done with minimal fuss and all the deductions & benefits I don't even know about for a good return every year

Andrew R.
Andrew R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Experience

Efficient, friendly and knowledgeable staff.
I have been with H &R Block for many years.
It was especially challenging this year due to COVID-19, having to complete a phone appointment and accessing an internet portal.
But it was very straight forward.

Sue
Sue

Service over the phone

Very efficient, portal user friendly, error on my address (as moved) which was corrected immediately. All information gathered before our chat, I was impressed & more than happy to recommend H&R Block services.

Terrible experience - no response

Carol
CarolMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic service

Tax consultants very professional and helpful. I have only been using HR Block for the last couple of years, but wish I had used them earlier. Great that you are available at various times to make appointments to suit me.

Easily done considering circumstances

Easily got through my tax over the phone when previously I thought it was going to be hard, and the tax agent was very helpful and patient even though it seemed he was working from home at 8pm at night.

nerak1812
nerak1812Sydney

Appalling agents

I am still waiting for HR Block to submit my tax return after 7 days. First an excuse about quality control, yet did not call to let me know. I rang 4 days later and now they state my bsb number is incorrect despite me being with them for years and still same account number. Advised that the area manager would call back but hasn't

James
JamesIllawarra, NSW

Just what I needed

Everything was explained simply. Listened to me and acted promptly and efficiently. Imparted confidence. Friendly and businesslike in their approach to my simple tax return. Will be very happy to use this service again.

Glad I don’t do my own tax

Helpful and available, the staff were welcoming and reassuring. While my tax affairs are simple, I still wanted it done correctly, and I was treated with respect. Thanks to all.

Undercover Brother
Undercover BrotherSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Best tax service I've used so far

I've used H&R Block for my taxes - before this, I used to go to ITP - Income Tax Professionals. Initially I was serviced at ITP by Mr Busby - who was honest, charming and a great tax agent. He moved to another office afterwards. However, a couple of years ago, the greedy ol'lady agent at ITP came up with some bogus service charges and I promptly dumped them.

I then went over to H&R Block and have never looked back. Regardless of which of their tax officers provides a service, my experience has been positive. Recommended.