High level of expertise
Friendly and personable service
Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns
Great value for money
Pleased with the pricing and the security provided by the customer portal (makes receipt and submission of documents far safer than transmission by email). No need to attend the office - everything has been done by phone and online.
Thanks for the help.
I was helped to complete my tax form gently and expertly. A very pleasant surprise.
I will look forward to using your services again.My anxieties were found to be unwarranted. Thank you.
very very good
I will certainly use them again. The same person I saw last year did it for me.
She was so nice I hope I get her again next time!!! thanks....
Quick and easy
My tax return was pretty simple,so I was in and out within a short time. I usually see the same person every year and she remembers me.This gives my visit a personal touch.
Quite a disappointing experience for my first paid tax return
I have always done my own tax returns in the previous years but with some investments at hand now, I have reached out to my local H&R branch due to the overwhelming positive review. Unfortunately my personal experience was really disappointing and needed constantly chase up for any response.
I won’t be using their service again and also finds the credibility of these review questionable.
Tax Time Again
I have been a customer for a few years and each year they have gotten to know my circumstances better and make the process more streamlined. I know what records are required and my role in the tax preparation each year.
Very knowledgeable and polite.
Very polite and easy to talk to. The lady that did my return was knowledgeable but explained things in a down to earth way, not a lot of technical gobbly gook. Great at her job.
another tax return.
The person who prepared my simple tax return was pleasant, efficient, and professional. Each step in filling the return was explained to me . Assurances were offered for me to contact H&R Block for any further assistance. Thank you.
Tax return completion
H and R Block Lismore communicated when required. We're efficient, timely and professional. Good value. I was very satisfied. We have 3 returns a year and have used HR Block for over 10 years.
Very good and patience with someone who had trouble understanding some instructions.
Very helpful and patient, when I had some trouble with understanding some things. Very easy as well. Unfortunate it was on phone but again very understanding and patient when I could not hear what was said.
My consultant was very helpful and efficient. I had a little trouble with the client portal, which was due to my inexperience. When I discovered what the problem was, I was still talking to the consultant when our telephone conversation stopped. However, I completed the return from my end the next day and everything worked out.
AVOID RICHMOND BRANCH AT ALL COSTS
Failed to complete Tax Return in allocated time and ignored messages and follow up calls for 8+days! The excuse offered by consultant and the manager was to gaslight me and ask I wanted my file made inactive - they had been busy themselves. Went to the HAMPTON PARK branch to see Radhika who is amazing, efficient, kind and intelligent. Easy service, no stress - have your phone appointments at OTHER BRANCHES. Richmond is too busy to deal with clients properly.
Good service at Biggera Waters Office
Happy with quick service and office locally. Easy to get an appointment-convenience of booking online & appreciated the text reminder i received prior to appointment. Have used H&R Block for ssveral yrs in nsw. 1st time use in Qld.
Have been using Hr block since 2006 for small business the service this year was very poor a charge of $439 for one piece of paper. Didn't get a copy of the return nor I don't get a tax invoice for payment. Each year the price jumps & quality service go's down. So they just lost a loyal customer.
Good friendly service
I have been using your service for a few years now and have always been happy with the people we have dealt with, we will continue to use H&R Block for future returns Thanks
Questions & Answers
Can I transfer my tax return data from previous years from one H&R Office to another?
hi do you guys help doing tax with crypto trading? thanks
Hi Rocky, thanks for getting in touch. Our offices are well equipped with tax experts that can assist you with this question. Find an office near you by visiting www.hrblock.com.au or call 13 23 25 to speak with an expert or to book an appointment today. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.
I have a question I need to ask an accountant about (profit & loss statement advice), is there a charge to get an answer over the phone?
It is best to book a phone appointment for advise. You can do this via our website https://www.hrblock.com.au/locator
thanks H&R block
Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives
For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.
H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.
Tax services for individuals:
- An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
- Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
- Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
- Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
- Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
- Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.
Tax services for businesses:
- Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.
Points of praise for H&R Block:
- H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
- Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
- The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
- Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.
H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.
Other Tax Preparation Services
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.