H&R Block
See the Best Tax Preparation Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

4.9 (2,848)
  • Rates and Fees
    4.6 (2,626)
  • Timeliness
    4.9 (2,619)

Well done H&R Block.

Very good advice from the H&R Block Tax Agent. I didn't think that I needed to fill out a tax return due to me retiring in 2019, but I discovered I needed to, and as a bonus I found out that the ATO owed me money. Very nice surprise.

Sean
SeanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Service lives up to the brand

Excellent service and friendly staff make this still the best tax return team in town. Once again your team lived up to the brand. Also reassuring to know any audits will be managed by the team. Well done!

Roy.
Roy.South East Queensland, QLD

Great hassle-free professional service

H & R Block are specialists in tax law . That is why I continue to use the company each year as they make the process pleasant and easy for the customer.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Easy to use and staff are extremely helpful and professional

App is easy to understand and if issues arise the staff are extremely helpful. The cost is very competitive. My return every year since using H&R Block is easily doubled compared to previous years

Can-do attitude

Fast and friendly. Elaine gets my vote for best tax agent. Called their local office and they returned my call almost immediately. My tax forms were ready to sign in 24 hours.

Gill D
Gill DGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Professional and patient service

My phone appointment was organised easily with very little waiting.
I was assisted by a very patient consultant who helped me navigate the client portal. She made the process very smooth - thank you!

Bridget
BridgetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Service from Jason

I previously called your office to make a booking in November but was told by a female (forgot to get her name) who told us we couldn't make a booking in November and didn't explain why. Never offered to get back to us to rebook. The only reason I booked with Jason was because an email was sent to me reminding me to book and offered me online booking which I found really efficient. Jason who did our tax return was awesome, efficient, professional and gave us the best outcome.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Vince
VinceSydney, NSW

Convenient and efficient srevice.

I find the H & R Block site more user friendly than the ATO site. The fact that H & R Block is well established and reputable is reasuring for a new client.

Bente L.
Bente L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Tax return the easy way!

The agent is easy to talk to, very friendly and gets the work done . Will definitely continue to use this tax company and recommend it to others. Good price also, as I'm a pensioner.

Adrian Basnett
Adrian BasnettSydney, NSW

Tax Time

A great experience getting my tax sorted finally, a professional and prompt, a great team effort team, highly recommend them. Had tax from previous years,now all sorted and lodged, Thank you

Hazel F.H&R Block

All the hassle taken out of Tax Returns.

I have been happy with the Agent's up-to-date knowledge of Tax matters. It allows one to get on with the rest of a busy (or a busy-retired) life!
I have no problem at all recommending and using this service again.

Michael
MichaelIllawarra, NSW

Cost v's deductions.

A bit pricey, but they ensure they find all of the possible deductions. I've been with H & R for a while now, so I'll reassess it in about 12 months.

Noel
NoelSouthwest, VIC

Tax Return done with ease

It was very easy to book my appointment online. They have a very professional, helpful, accomodating staff. We felt at ease going over the computations with him. The staff answered all our questions about taxation and expenses, and even explained every detail. They have a very organised computation system, and we're given a copy of all the tax computation documents.

Justin
JustinSydney, NSW

Always a pleasure!

I booked my appointment at the last minute, and the staff were extremely helpful, courteous and knowledgeable. I've been doing my tax returns at this branch for a decade now and it has always been great - thank you!

Professional friendly advice

Professional friendly advice for a few questions we had for us to complete tax returns. Easy to get an appointment on line. Recommended this office to family members with international questions and they were very happy as well.

Xaver B.
Xaver B.asked

I want to report you to the ato who do I call

Gabby
Gabby

H & R Block are professional and legitimate tax agents. Go ahead and report me, you won’t get very far with whatever your problem is.

Roland
Rolandasked

Can I transfer my tax return data from previous years from one H&R Office to another?

Rocky P.
Rocky P.asked

hi do you guys help doing tax with crypto trading? thanks

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Rocky, thanks for getting in touch. Our offices are well equipped with tax experts that can assist you with this question. Find an office near you by visiting www.hrblock.com.au or call 13 23 25 to speak with an expert or to book an appointment today. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.

Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives

For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.

H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.

Tax services for individuals:

• An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
  • Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
  • Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
  • Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
  • Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
  • Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.

Tax services for businesses:

• Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.

Points of praise for H&R Block:

• H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
  • Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
  • The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
  • Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.