High level of expertise
Friendly and personable service
Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns
Still Waiting For Response
Been using H&R Block now for some 40 years + and have never had a reason to complain until now.
I received a credit on my tax return for 2019 /2020 which is all very good and is what I usually receive back from the government.
However 3 weeks ago I received notice by mail that I owed the tax office $904.70
I emailed H&R all the info that regarding my debt incurred and as of now some three weeks later have had no response from them at all.
I have paid the ATO the outstanding amount but I would have appreciated H&R to get back to me.
Excellent service after I reported my bad experience
I received excellent service from one of the Melbourne managers.
my initial online service experience was bad but after two complaints, Michelle took action on my file and provided a premium service.
Amazing staff, love Vincent and Noel!
The Kew H & R staff are very friendly and kind. I have been filing my taxes with H & R Block Kew since 2016. I am a repeating customer because not only they provide me with the best return, but also providing me the best service by booking an appointment for a time and a date that suits me. They will make sure that you get the best tax return without a doubt!
I had all my receipts and records ready to go and Mandy from HR Block had everything else from the ATO ,, she made it very easy for me to understand and explained everything that I did not understand... Mandy was very professional..
Thank you Mandy
Great personal service
Extremely professional services with every attention to detail and working for the client, every step fully explained many questions asked and answered very satisfied with the out come and value for the peace of mind it gives.
Tax made easy
I can highly recommend H&R Block for doing your tax if you need to get it done quickly and efficiently. In the past I had a wonderful specialist private tax accountant, but she became very expensive and would book out months and months after the end of financial year. H&R Block gave me a same day appointment after I requested it, they spent the time helping me navigate their online portal (I live in Melbourne during COVID and had to do everything remotely over the phone). It was quick, easy and I was able to receive a maximum refund.
Efficient, friendly and knowledgeable staff.
I have been with H &R Block for many years.
It was especially challenging this year due to COVID-19, having to complete a phone appointment and accessing an internet portal.
But it was very straight forward.
Tax consultants very professional and helpful. I have only been using HR Block for the last couple of years, but wish I had used them earlier. Great that you are available at various times to make appointments to suit me.
Easily done considering circumstances
Easily got through my tax over the phone when previously I thought it was going to be hard, and the tax agent was very helpful and patient even though it seemed he was working from home at 8pm at night.
Just what I needed
Everything was explained simply. Listened to me and acted promptly and efficiently. Imparted confidence. Friendly and businesslike in their approach to my simple tax return. Will be very happy to use this service again.
Best tax service I've used so far
I've used H&R Block for my taxes - before this, I used to go to ITP - Income Tax Professionals. Initially I was serviced at ITP by Mr Busby - who was honest, charming and a great tax agent. He moved to another office afterwards. However, a couple of years ago, the greedy ol'lady agent at ITP came up with some bogus service charges and I promptly dumped them.
I then went over to H&R Block and have never looked back. Regardless of which of their tax officers provides a service, my experience has been positive. Recommended.
Staff are very professional, like they help clients to understand about the Taxation, and guide the clients in the right ways, furthermore, I recognize people that this is the best place that they can get good quality of results.
Questions & Answers
hi do you guys help doing tax with crypto trading? thanks
Hazel F.H&R Block
Hi Rocky, thanks for getting in touch. Our offices are well equipped with tax experts that can assist you with this question. Find an office near you by visiting www.hrblock.com.au or call 13 23 25 to speak with an expert or to book an appointment today. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.
I have a question I need to ask an accountant about (profit & loss statement advice), is there a charge to get an answer over the phone?
Hazel F.H&R Block
It is best to book a phone appointment for advise. You can do this via our website https://www.hrblock.com.au/locator
thanks H&R block
why have they asked me to set up multiple client portals, when i wasnt happy with the original quote i said im getting a second opinion but still using a H & R consultant they said i need to set up another one, does this sound correct.
For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.
H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.
Tax services for individuals:
- An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
- Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
- Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
- Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
- Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
- Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.
Tax services for businesses:
- Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.
Points of praise for H&R Block:
- H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
- Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
- The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
- Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.
H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.