H&R Block
See the Best Tax Preparation Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Moy 'n Pete
Moy 'n PeteGlenning Valley

Very knowledgeable and polite.

Very polite and easy to talk to. The lady that did my return was knowledgeable but explained things in a down to earth way, not a lot of technical gobbly gook. Great at her job.

another tax return.

The person who prepared my simple tax return was pleasant, efficient, and professional. Each step in filling the return was explained to me . Assurances were offered for me to contact H&R Block for any further assistance. Thank you.

Javi
JaviGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

One month after and no tax return yet

More than a month after started with an expert tax return online and still have no see the return, thinking online would be quicker I was completely wrong, communication is after 2-3 days or more, then I was told that was ready to lodge, wait and wait and wait and contact them and they told me the need it more documents,,, completely inefficient if you need a speedy process, very unhappy client , is a shame I can’t give them a zero start

Tax return completion

H and R Block Lismore communicated when required. We're efficient, timely and professional. Good value. I was very satisfied. We have 3 returns a year and have used HR Block for over 10 years.

Find out how H&R Block compares to other Tax Preparation Services

I had a very poor experience at the modbury office

Un happy with complaints system they admitted that there were faults in my return and delaying the refund Bruce lied to me at the Modbury office And there office will not offer a solution

Hazel F.H&R Block

Very good and patience with someone who had trouble understanding some instructions.

Very helpful and patient, when I had some trouble with understanding some things. Very easy as well. Unfortunate it was on phone but again very understanding and patient when I could not hear what was said.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Worst experince ive ever had.

Did simple tax return, lodged on 15/7/2021, still no return paid yet!!! Todays is 1/9/2021 still no return!!!
I message them, ask them to call me, they dont. Dispicable customer service and cant contact any human via phone, and they dont call you when you ask them to. Almost 2 months and im still waiting on my return.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Ivars
Ivars

Telephone appointment

My consultant was very helpful and efficient. I had a little trouble with the client portal, which was due to my inexperience. When I discovered what the problem was, I was still talking to the consultant when our telephone conversation stopped. However, I completed the return from my end the next day and everything worked out.

Debbie
DebbieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good service at Biggera Waters Office

Happy with quick service and office locally. Easy to get an appointment-convenience of booking online & appreciated the text reminder i received prior to appointment. Have used H&R Block for ssveral yrs in nsw. 1st time use in Qld.

Elli W.
Elli W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

TERRIBLE

I did my tax through them and it was a nightmare. First alarm bell was that the lady who answered the phone said "I can do it for you now". and I really don't think she was even a registered accountant. It took almost 2 hours for it to be complete (probably due to the fact that she wasn't an accountant). After 4 weeks I still hadn't seen my money come thorough so I contacted them. When they finally got back to me they simply said "the issue has been resolved and your money is on the way". What was the issue though? because of this incompetence I have been late to pay some bills, this is not good enough.

Ama
AmaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Refund Holdup

Peter M.
Peter M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Useless telephone support line 13 23 25

The telephone line appears to only be for making appointments. The person on the other end was not able to answer any questions and took my details said I would be called back. Wasn't called back.

Juzzy
JuzzyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not good this year 2021

All the other years 5+ this year what a disappointment don’t know what has gone wrong I know staff change but will be looking elsewhere for 2021-2022 I think just disappointing

Mark
MarkHunter Region, NSW

Incompetent Tax Accountants giving wrong tax advice

Ian
IanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good friendly service

I have been using your service for a few years now and have always been happy with the people we have dealt with, we will continue to use H&R Block for future returns Thanks

Rocky P.
Rocky P.asked

hi do you guys help doing tax with crypto trading? thanks

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Rocky, thanks for getting in touch. Our offices are well equipped with tax experts that can assist you with this question. Find an office near you by visiting www.hrblock.com.au or call 13 23 25 to speak with an expert or to book an appointment today. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.

Rudy
Rudyasked

I have a question I need to ask an accountant about (profit & loss statement advice), is there a charge to get an answer over the phone?

Hi Rudy,

It is best to book a phone appointment for advise. You can do this via our website https://www.hrblock.com.au/locator
thanks H&R block

Mick. Hasked

why have they asked me to set up multiple client portals, when i wasnt happy with the original quote i said im getting a second opinion but still using a H & R consultant they said i need to set up another one, does this sound correct.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Mick, our apologies that you were asked of this. The client portal are setup at office level. So each office has their own client portal hence the reason you have been asked to setup another one.
Hope this helps. Thanks H&R Block

Thanks that makes sence.

Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives

For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.

H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.

Tax services for individuals:

• An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
  • Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
  • Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
  • Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
  • Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
  • Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.

Tax services for businesses:

• Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.

Points of praise for H&R Block:

• H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
  • Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
  • The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
  • Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.