H&R Block
See the Best Tax Preparation Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

4.8 (2,844)
  • Rates and Fees
    4.5 (2,624)
  • Timeliness
    4.8 (2,624)

Vicky D.
Vicky D.

Limited knowledge on Crypto taxes

This is the first time I lodged my tax with HR block. First, they took two months to go through my application. After two months, one of their accountants asked me for the same documents I submitted two months ago. And after the lodgement, they came up with the wrong numbers for my crypto trading. When I saw another tax consultant, they processed my application within a week and correctly calculated it. It is the worst experience I have ever had in my life with the tax agent.

Frustrated customer
Frustrated customerSydney

Excellent service!

Ruben was polite professional efficient diligent and very helpful completing my tax return. She clearly and patiently explained things I didn't know. I’d recommend Ruben in HR Block George Street Sydney.

Friendly

Helpful Tax Agents. I was assisted by H&R Block in an efficient and friendly way. They put me at ease. I will be back next year and I highly recommend them. Thank you. Dawn

John
JohnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never had a problem with them!

I've always had a great experience with H&R Block Team in Mentone, Victoria.
Professional people, calm, organised and efficient and will explain anything you do not understand or are unaware of. I'm a happy customer.

Tracey S.JPerth

Expert advice, fantastic service, every time

Every tax matter addressed with expertise and diligence, taking all of the stress out of tax time, the fees are very reasonable.
Have used Baldivis Branch for over 9 years and have always found the service second to none.

Gavin B.
Gavin B.Hobart, TAS

Always getting the job done in a timely manner.

Quick and reliable with my return. Fees and charges are very reasonable for great service provided once again. I have been with H&R block for over 10 years and will continue to be for many more.

benjamin j.
benjamin j.Hobart, TAS

Worst accounting firm

Took H&R block over 4 months to complete my return and I had to produce documents from over 7 years ago. Worst experience with an accountant I've ever had, definitely would not recommend completely incompetent. The funny part is they've been doing my taxes for well over 7 years and apparently didn't keep any records which is a criminal offence. Got less back than normal and in a year where I was supposed to get a significant tax cut. If you value money and time don't use H&R block completely incompetent.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Tax return by H&R Block is excellent

Katy at H&R Block was so efficient, well prepared, enabling me to get my tax return completed, very happy with excellent, capable service. The fee is terrific for the peace of mind and time saving, well worth going to H&R Block.

Hazel F.H&R Block

I'm been a H&R Block customer for many many years.

Jann was lovely to deal with, I hope I get her next year. Received the return in less than two weeks, I was expecting at least four weeks, nice surprise. Thank you

Alexander Pearce
Alexander PearceGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very efficient service

Easy to get an appointment and the efficiency of the person who served me. I would have no hesitation in going back to HR Block for my tax return next year.

LaLuna Traci
LaLuna TraciGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great advice, expertise and happy with my returns.

Victor Wong is a very experienced accountant with fantastic customer service skills.
I find his transparency and sense of humor makes the whole process comfortable and easy with a few laughs inbetween. I find it difficult to consider anyone else.

Andrew C.
Andrew C.South East Queensland, QLD

TAX TMIE

BEST SERVICE EVER, THANKS CATHY.

Time was taken to make sure we got the best result. Will be back next year, new to the area and everything was made so easy.

pedi
pediGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great advises and completed my job in a day

I'm H&R Block customer for few years now but this year my experience improved and I was impressed.
Ash Khondkar is one of the account in Collins Street office. He gave me some advises that I didn't know and even other accounts didn't tell me.
He didn't waste any time and in a short call listened to me carefully, provided advises and guide me how to upload my tax data.
Once I uploaded my tax data in few hours he completed my tax return...I was impressed!
This is the best and no stress tax return experience for me.

Kat
Kat

Terrible Customer service and does not do their job.

Second time using HR Block Mornington for a simple tax return, last year was fine, the appointment and agent this year was fine. The tax appointment was 11/10 and 6 weeks later it still hadn't been filed, rang the office and was told they couldn't explain it but would look into it and get back to me. Two weeks later still not lodged and no phone call. Called again and could only get the general help desk, again was told could not tell me anything but would get a callback, no call back again. I Rang again, still no answer as to why it is not lodged and I was not able to speak to anyone higher as apparently there is not a single manager at HR block Australia available at 9:30 on a Tuesday morning. Very poor service, won't be back.

Johan v.
Johan v.Northern Region, NSW

Good service

Professional people to work with, satisfied with service received and questions answered related to me and my tax return and future business question for new business for myself professionally helped with.

Justin
Justinasked

Hi, I did my tax return this evening and was charged $180 for a basic one income, no investment tax return. When I looked on your web site it said that the fee should be $149. Do you know why I would have been charged extra? Thank you.

Xaver B.
Xaver B.asked

I want to report you to the ato who do I call

Gabby
Gabby

H & R Block are professional and legitimate tax agents. Go ahead and report me, you won’t get very far with whatever your problem is.

Roland
Rolandasked

Can I transfer my tax return data from previous years from one H&R Office to another?

Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives

For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.

H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.

Tax services for individuals:

• An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
  • Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
  • Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
  • Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
  • Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
  • Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.

Tax services for businesses:

• Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.

Points of praise for H&R Block:

• H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
  • Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
  • The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
  • Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.