Reviewer Photos & Videos
Service doesn't even rate the required 1 star i had to enter I was changed from my original accountant because they were no longer able to do trusts a guy took over my tax and he left after the first BAS then transferred to a guy in SA, I'm in Tas It has been a bloody nightmare ever since loosing my original accountant, I am constantly ringing for my BAS to be completed to the point I now have the government trying to charge me late lodgement fees, Thank God this is the last of my contract caus I am so over it the service is absolutely shocking
Worst tax experience of my life
I am still trying to get my tax return from H&R Block (2 months waiting). No one seems to care. Avoid these guys at all costs, i've shown up to the office multiple times to get answers, i've called 7 times now and still not one solution for something that should be VERY simple.
Tax used to scare me, not anymore - So easy, honest and extremely helpful...
Brandon was my tax man, he was brilliant in all aspects of doing tax..!! Young, very polite, thorough, honest and nothing or no questions were silly.. can't wait to catch up with him next yr... Thanks Brandon & H&R team.
Great service! Vincent Lescai is great!
Vincent Lescai is always very professional, efficient and fast. I am very pleased and that is why I have been a client for so many years! I have no hesitation in recommending him very highly.
Overcharged on fee!
I was charged additional fees which do not apply to my tax return. It has been next to impossible to get a response from anyone, the response I have received has been very unprofessional. I have been a customer for over ten years, this how loyal customers are treated.
Wouldn’t go anywhere else
H&R Block supplied a fast, professional and friendly service at a time that suited me. My generous return landed promptly in my account. Fabulous service that I would happily recommend.
Professional advice and service.
Each year a chore you don’t look forward to .
Becomes a positive friendly process.
Mary is always explanatory and informative of the current tax return, and what to prepare for the following year.
The taxman that I have used for a number of years now is excellent. So much so that I refuse to see anyone else, even if they work for H & R Block.
Just awsome girls
These ladies in the Bundaberg office are so professional always so helpful , thay are my go to girls for all my tax issues I've used h&r block Bundaberg for almost a decade because I work away it's just easy to do it over the phone
Limited knowledge on Crypto taxes
This is the first time I lodged my tax with HR block. First, they took two months to go through my application. After two months, one of their accountants asked me for the same documents I submitted two months ago. And after the lodgement, they came up with the wrong numbers for my crypto trading. When I saw another tax consultant, they processed my application within a week and correctly calculated it. It is the worst experience I have ever had in my life with the tax agent.
Ruben was polite professional efficient diligent and very helpful completing my tax return. She clearly and patiently explained things I didn't know. I’d recommend Ruben in HR Block George Street Sydney.
Helpful Tax Agents. I was assisted by H&R Block in an efficient and friendly way. They put me at ease. I will be back next year and I highly recommend them. Thank you. Dawn
Never had a problem with them!
I've always had a great experience with H&R Block Team in Mentone, Victoria.
Professional people, calm, organised and efficient and will explain anything you do not understand or are unaware of. I'm a happy customer.
Expert advice, fantastic service, every time
Every tax matter addressed with expertise and diligence, taking all of the stress out of tax time, the fees are very reasonable.
Have used Baldivis Branch for over 9 years and have always found the service second to none.
Always getting the job done in a timely manner.
Quick and reliable with my return. Fees and charges are very reasonable for great service provided once again. I have been with H&R block for over 10 years and will continue to be for many more.
Questions & Answers
Hi, I did my tax return this evening and was charged $180 for a basic one income, no investment tax return. When I looked on your web site it said that the fee should be $149. Do you know why I would have been charged extra? Thank you.
I want to report you to the ato who do I call
H & R Block are professional and legitimate tax agents. Go ahead and report me, you won’t get very far with whatever your problem is.
Can I transfer my tax return data from previous years from one H&R Office to another?
Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives
For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.
H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.
Tax services for individuals:
- An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
- Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
- Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
- Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
- Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
- Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.
Tax services for businesses:
- Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.
Points of praise for H&R Block:
- H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
- Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
- The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
- Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.
H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.