H&R Block
See the Best Tax Preparation Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

4.8 (2,990)
  • Rates and Fees
    4.5 (2,764)
  • Timeliness
    4.8 (2,763)

Done & Dusted for another year

Fast and efficient service my consultant takes the hassle and worry out of the whole process with all the rules at her fingertips she ensures all valid deductions have been maximised Thankyou

Hazel F.H&R Block

Tax used to scare me, not anymore - So easy, honest and extremely helpful...

Brandon was my tax man, he was brilliant in all aspects of doing tax..!! Young, very polite, thorough, honest and nothing or no questions were silly.. can't wait to catch up with him next yr... Thanks Brandon & H&R team.

Linda Vasilopoulos
Linda VasilopoulosGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service! Vincent Lescai is great!

Vincent Lescai is always very professional, efficient and fast. I am very pleased and that is why I have been a client for so many years! I have no hesitation in recommending him very highly.

Overcharged on fee!

I was charged additional fees which do not apply to my tax return. It has been next to impossible to get a response from anyone, the response I have received has been very unprofessional. I have been a customer for over ten years, this how loyal customers are treated.

Helen
Helen

Wouldn’t go anywhere else

H&R Block supplied a fast, professional and friendly service at a time that suited me. My generous return landed promptly in my account. Fabulous service that I would happily recommend.

Hazel F.H&R Block

Professional advice and service.

Each year a chore you don’t look forward to .
Becomes a positive friendly process.
Very thorough.
Mary is always explanatory and informative of the current tax return, and what to prepare for the following year.

Niksta
Niksta

Very happy!

The taxman that I have used for a number of years now is excellent. So much so that I refuse to see anyone else, even if they work for H & R Block.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Just awsome girls

These ladies in the Bundaberg office are so professional always so helpful , thay are my go to girls for all my tax issues I've used h&r block Bundaberg for almost a decade because I work away it's just easy to do it over the phone

Vicky D.
Vicky D.

Limited knowledge on Crypto taxes

This is the first time I lodged my tax with HR block. First, they took two months to go through my application. After two months, one of their accountants asked me for the same documents I submitted two months ago. And after the lodgement, they came up with the wrong numbers for my crypto trading. When I saw another tax consultant, they processed my application within a week and correctly calculated it. It is the worst experience I have ever had in my life with the tax agent.

Frustrated customer
Frustrated customerSydney

Excellent service!

Ruben was polite professional efficient diligent and very helpful completing my tax return. She clearly and patiently explained things I didn't know. I’d recommend Ruben in HR Block George Street Sydney.

Friendly

Helpful Tax Agents. I was assisted by H&R Block in an efficient and friendly way. They put me at ease. I will be back next year and I highly recommend them. Thank you. Dawn

John
JohnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never had a problem with them!

I've always had a great experience with H&R Block Team in Mentone, Victoria.
Professional people, calm, organised and efficient and will explain anything you do not understand or are unaware of. I'm a happy customer.

Tracey S.JPerth

Expert advice, fantastic service, every time

Every tax matter addressed with expertise and diligence, taking all of the stress out of tax time, the fees are very reasonable.
Have used Baldivis Branch for over 9 years and have always found the service second to none.

Gavin B.
Gavin B.Hobart, TAS

Always getting the job done in a timely manner.

Quick and reliable with my return. Fees and charges are very reasonable for great service provided once again. I have been with H&R block for over 10 years and will continue to be for many more.

benjamin j.
benjamin j.Hobart, TAS

Worst accounting firm

Took H&R block over 4 months to complete my return and I had to produce documents from over 7 years ago. Worst experience with an accountant I've ever had, definitely would not recommend completely incompetent. The funny part is they've been doing my taxes for well over 7 years and apparently didn't keep any records which is a criminal offence. Got less back than normal and in a year where I was supposed to get a significant tax cut. If you value money and time don't use H&R block completely incompetent.

Justin
Justinasked

Hi, I did my tax return this evening and was charged $180 for a basic one income, no investment tax return. When I looked on your web site it said that the fee should be $149. Do you know why I would have been charged extra? Thank you.

Xaver B.
Xaver B.asked

I want to report you to the ato who do I call

Gabby
Gabby

H & R Block are professional and legitimate tax agents. Go ahead and report me, you won’t get very far with whatever your problem is.

Roland
Rolandasked

Can I transfer my tax return data from previous years from one H&R Office to another?

Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives

For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.

H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.

Tax services for individuals:

• An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
  • Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
  • Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
  • Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
  • Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
  • Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.

Tax services for businesses:

• Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.

Points of praise for H&R Block:

• H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
  • Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
  • The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
  • Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.