H&R Block
See the Best Tax Preparation Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by H&R Block

Pros

• High level of expertise

• Friendly and personable service

• Prompt and efficient lodgment of returns

4.9 (2,835)
  • Rates and Fees
    4.6 (2,612)
  • Timeliness
    4.9 (2,605)
Avenel
AvenelCentral, SA

Such a relief

We had multiple tax returns to be sorted, made the whole process easy and professional. Great results for all returns and now we're on top of it all. Could not have done it without H &R Block, felt secure knowing they had our back with the ATO

orlasmum
orlasmumHunter Region, NSW

Easiest thing to do.

Was unsure I could get an appointment when I rang but got one the next day at a time that suited me. I questioned what documents I would need and they made it so easy by emailing me so I could send documents by return email - no need to print them. Took half an hour and it was all done. Once return was completed each aspect was explained to me and I even got a refund!! Bonus!

Hazel F.H&R Block

Made tax time less stressful

Friendly professional staff. Was able to have an appointment when it suited me and within a short period of time. My account was processed very quickly, very little waiting time for an end result.

Roger
RogerSouthwest, VIC

Tax returns made easy.

Quick, easy and convenient tax returns tailored to your needs. Easy to book, staff are personable, convenient locations. Perfect for busy people on the run like me, will be definitely back again.

Find out how H&R Block compares to other Tax Preparation Services

Excellent service and great tax result!

I had concerns about my tax situation but Michael gave me the advice I needed, and resolved my concerns right away, the friendly and professional approach combined with solid expertise makes tax time a pleasure.

Jenny O.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Great service!

I had two years tax to be completed which were not exactly straight forward. My consultant was very professional and was up front and honest about the situation. I was satisfied with the outcome and the fee I was charged

Jenny O.

I believe on giving credit where credit is due

Hi Jenny! Thank you again. H&R Block Team

Ursula Tompkins
Ursula TompkinsSydney, NSW

H&R Block know how

For individual, family and small business tax advise these guys know their stuff. And for superannuation expertise David Rooney can assist. David has over 25 years in the financial industry experience and is very informed and dedicated.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
GabbyIllawarra, NSW

Make tax time easy

I was able to get an appointment easily, tax agent called me at appointed time, very knowledgeable about all items I could claim, pleasant manner, courteous, great tax refund coming to me soon

Hazel F.H&R Block

Very professional and friendly.

We walked in not expecting to get the tax done thst day, but in fact is done within the hour. Belinda is a
great asset to your business. She is very accommodating and friendly, as well as professional and very
experienced. We left the office completely reassured and satisfied.

Alana McKinnon
Alana McKinnonSydney, NSW

Excellent service

Lang from Warringah Mall branch was so helpful for my first tax return! He was very patient and informative! Will be hitting him up next year! Thanks so much Lang!

Jan
JanPerth, Western Australia

Tip top service every time

I am so happy with H&R Block. Bronwyn is very professional, efficient and helpful. She is also very warm and caring. It does make the whole process much less agonising. I would definitely enquire about their services if I needed tax help in other areas as well. Very reasonable prices.

An Excellent Service

The whole experience went like clockwork , the couple of questions I had were answered and explaind in clear terms and the whole process has been streamlined to increase efficiency, Well done H&R

Steve D.
Steve D.Illawarra, NSW

Great value for money

Pleased with the pricing and the security provided by the customer portal (makes receipt and submission of documents far safer than transmission by email). No need to attend the office - everything has been done by phone and online.

Wouldn’t go elsewhere never

Leslie is absolutely awesome over 20 years Leslie has looked after myself and now my wife I will always go too Leslie she is a absolute asset to your company friendly great personality and makes you feel comfortable Aaa++++

Jamie Krikke
Jamie Krikke

You bet I will and always have

Hi Jamie! Thank you again. H&R Block Team

Convenient service

I was able to do my Tax Return over the phone during the Covid19 lockdown which I found convenient. I have been going to H&R Block for many years so they had all of my records. This helped to make the process go quite smoothly.

Xaver B.
Xaver B.asked

I want to report you to the ato who do I call

Gabby

H & R Block are professional and legitimate tax agents. Go ahead and report me, you won’t get very far with whatever your problem is.

Roland
Rolandasked

Can I transfer my tax return data from previous years from one H&R Office to another?

Rocky P.
Rocky P.asked

hi do you guys help doing tax with crypto trading? thanks

Hazel F.H&R Block

Hi Rocky, thanks for getting in touch. Our offices are well equipped with tax experts that can assist you with this question. Find an office near you by visiting www.hrblock.com.au or call 13 23 25 to speak with an expert or to book an appointment today. Kind Regards, H&R Block Team.

Get an answer from our members and H&R Block representatives

For ultimate convenience, H&R Block is open nights and weekends, which is a relief if you work full-time or otherwise don’t have spare time during the week to complete your tax return.

H&R Block offers a host of flexible options when it comes to tax solutions.

Tax services for individuals:

• An in-office tax return done at a local H&R Block office (there are 470 available to choose from across Australia)
  • Online Tax Express – a 24/7 online DY tax return platform, if you prefer a bit more autonomy
  • Online Tax Adviser, which is the best of both worlds in terms of the above two options – letting you fill out your tax return completely online, but with the help of an online tax consultant if you get stuck
  • Under 21 and student tax returns, which can help make a new and daunting process more straightforward
  • Second look assessment, which checks whether you’ve received the maximum amount for a tax return
  • Other specialised individual tax services include US Citizens Tax, Late or Prior returns if you’ve missed a lodgement deadline, and property investor tax returns.

Tax services for businesses:

• Taxation and other financial advice for sole traders, partnerships, small businesses, company trusts as well as bookkeeping services.

Points of praise for H&R Block:

• H&R Block’s friendly and professional service was widely praised by customers
  • Tax advice was provided in a friendly, timely and professional manner. According to reviewers, tax solutions consistently drew upon their tax accountants’ clear expertise. Not only that, but all the steps of the process were explained to them in a way that was easy to understand.
  • The company’s honesty and candour in its dealings was highly appreciated
  • Many first-time customers stated that they’d happily return to H&R Block to help with next year’s tax return, while long-term customers confidently recommended H&R Block to anyone looking for high quality tax advice.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

H&R Block is the proud 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service. Top scores were awarded for the company’s transparency regarding its business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to client queries and processing tax returns.