HAAN Multi Purpose Floor Steamer SI-A70

HAAN Multi Purpose Floor Steamer SI-A70 Questions & Answers (page 2 of 3)

46 questions from our users

lifeasked

Can this be brought anywhere else but on line?

HAAN
HAAN A.HAAN

Hi, if you living in QLD or VIC, please visit to Kleanking stores below
(34 Compton Road, Woodridge QLD 4114 Tel: 07 3208 1333 / 1/46 Smith Street, Southport QLD 4215 Tel: 07 5532 2342 / Unit A1/2A Westall Road, Clayton VIC 3168 Tel: 03 9543 6021).
Otherwise, it is available from online only.

Marcus
Marcus

I didn't check. On line was easy and delivery time was very short. Its a great product.

life

Thank you for your quick responses to my question I thank everyone very much. I will have to check how far Southport is from Cairns. The only reason I'm not to keen on buying on-line is if anything goes wrong with the steamer is it would have to be sent away to get fixed & that would also add to the cost.

penny

pennyasked

Does it clean vinyl??

glenlin
glenlin

Hi Penny, yes it will clean all floor surfaces. We are extremely happy with ours.

JackyG

Hi Penny, I do not have vinyl, but it cleans my tiles very well. I assume it would be good for most floor surfaces.

CocoDee

CocoDeeasked

Is the heat setting adjustable on the mop?

JackyG

The heat setting is not adjustable.

Michael88
Michael88

No. Its either steam or its water.

shanexu3

shanexu3asked

I am looking for a new steam mop, I'm fed up with buying poor quality products that do not do the job. The reviews for the HAAN SI-A70 Multi Multiple Purpose Floor Steamer make it sound like a good investment until you research a little deeper.
I noticed a lot of the positive reviews for this product were posted by one time users of this site. I find this extremely unusual as a frequent user to this site. Maybe there is a explanation to why so many one time users to this site reviewed this product positively, if so I would like to know why.
My question is.....
Is the HAAN SI-A70 Multi Multiple Purpose Floor Steamer really such a good product or has its review page been manipulated by people affiliated with this product?

MonkeyBaby
MonkeyBaby

Hi shanexu. I can't speak for others but I think a lot of people are one time users because they simply don't have the time to keep posting stuff on this site. I used to be the same but I have been a regular user of this site for information so i have decided to post more regularly to help others. I can assure you that I haven't been manipulated or affiliated with this product or this site. I can tell you that so far this product has been working alright for me however I used to use a cheap steam mop which did the job until it literally split in half (overheated) i think. As per my review, it's not a $500 or $1k product but it does the job. Handheld itself ain't too great and I think some people gave the same review. I think a lot of people who gave the review purchased from K2A and it may seem like they are affiliated with the product but it's probably because in Australia, K2A seems to be one of the only supplier who stocks this product? Hope this helps.

Sally, Victoria
Sally, Victoria

I am finding the more I use this mop the more I like it. Did the oven with it and it was fantastic. You do have to change the pads regularly on the floors but it isn't such a big deal and the floors come up beautifully. Did do the back of the couch with the small end and it also came up really well. Would recommend to all.

Rubee
Rubee

Hi shanexu3. I have only just started checking this site also but can genuinely say my haan steam mop is great. I google everything and tried to find as many of the bad reviews as possible (am a pessimist) but this one didn't have patterns of same problem as many others. I also asked friends for opinions on their steam mops. I have now bought one for my daughter in law as well, hopefully scoring some points. Lol. This is one site I checked and will prob refer to it more. I bought mine directly from haan site as I knew I would get the original mop and wasn't familiar with other sites selling it.

Sam

Samasked

Hi, Is this an alternative to a vacuum cleaner, i.e if I buy this would i still need a vacuum cleaner?

magnetman

No you would still need a vacuum cleaner

Aron

Aronasked

HI, seriously thinking of purchasing one of these after reading the reviews. Question: My house mainly has polished Blacbutt floorboards, ie wood floor. Can this be used safely on wood and if so, can anyone who uses it on wood, let me know what they think. Cheers

magnetman

You shouldn't really use a steam mop on wood

RawrKat

RawrKatasked

Does this come with the carpet attachment? I've just placed an order for one but there was no option to add one like there was for other accessories like steam pads etc. Im assuming it comes with one?

Geejay

Yes it does come with a carpet glide attachment. The advertisement says it will sanitise carpets. I don't have any carpets so cannot comment on how satisfactory this might be.

Kiro

Kiroasked

How easy is it to use? I have a problem with my hands and elbow. Is it light, does it have a trigger?

Geejay

Hi Kiro, I find the mop easy to use. The handle is ridged so there is a good grip and the mop slides across the floor in the same way a broom or vacuum cleaner does. It is heavier to lift than a broom but the only lifting is from the standing mat on to the cleaning pad, and again when you have finished to put it back on the standing pad. There is no trigger, once the water bottle is fiilled and in place just press the big red button, wait approximately 25 seconds and you hear a whoosh of steam. It is ready to go. if you can manage a vacuum cleaner or broom you should have no trouble with the mop. the hand held mop is a little heavy, I found using two hands made it much easier to handle and not trying to clean everything in a day!! The results really are good.

AndyJB

Depends on an individual job. The steam operates on a simple turn-on button and it's ready to use after about 20 seconds. The mop itself is very easy to push around, though it becomes harder to push after about 10-15 min when the pad gets saturated. Then it should be changed over.
As for the steam cleaning with the handlheld, it could be a bit problematic, as it is quite heavy to hold and to remove stubborn stains/dirt can be a work out. For that I would suggest the handheld steamer which you can hang over your shoulder and hold only the attachment in your hand.

coochin

coochinasked

Does the hand held version clean venetian blinds?

Maritaj
Maritaj

I have not got venetian blinds so I am not sure if it cleans them. I have only done the floors at this stage as I have only had it for just on 2 weeks sorry I cant answer your question.

AndyJB

I don't have the venetian blinds myself, so I can't be 100% sure. But judging by my exprerience with the handheld, the only way I see it, is to clean them with the steam nozzle, each blade one by one and wiping with a dry cloth aftewards. (a bit tedious job but should work) Hope this helps.

SUNNY567
SUNNY567

Does not work on venetian blinds.I tried.the steam that comes out of the nozzle component is simply not powerful enough to clean.in fact it is not good to clean anything.waste of money really.

Not4Sandy

Not4Sandyasked

Dear Georgia21 did you where did you get your mop from was it from k2a?

Cherry NZ
Cherry NZ

Hi There, Yes, I got the steammop from k2a online. Thanks

georgia21
georgia21

No I didn't, but their website says the mop has the same 1200 w - not sure maybe they modify it somehow so the same issue doesn't occur.

Bargain Hunter22
Bargain Hunter22

You can get the mop from either K2A online or ebay. The vendor on ebay is RoadGreen but it is still K2A

JCI

JCIasked

Everyone seems to like the steam mop for its ability to clean tiled or wooden floors. I'm interested to know if it will clean carpets and if so does it do a good job?

Smarter.Now

I would say you could use it to freshen carpets but not to clean them

kt1

I use it on my wool rug, and I would have to say no, it doesn't clean carpet. It might sanitise and remove a bit of dirt but it certainly hasn't removed any stains and marks from my rug. The carpet cleaning attachment on the h20 mop actually seemed better than the carpet attachment for this one, and when I used that on my rug it did seem to remove quite a bit of dirt, but again, no marks that had been there for a while. Personally, if majority of my house was carpeted I would look at purchasing a specialised carpet steam cleaner. I have seen them in action and they do actually work well.

Busy Mum2
Busy Mum2

I did try the carpet attachment on a wool rug as well and it made no difference at all... Plus the attachment is awkward to use- so no I don't think this is the right product for cleaning carpet.

Jacqui1620

Jacqui1620asked

Can this mop be used on lino floors? Wondering if it will affect the joins.

Smarter.Now

I do not have lino floors but I can not see this mop damaging lino

Retento

Retentoasked

Does the Haan come with an Australian electrical plug or is a outlet adaptor and voltage converter required?

Australian plug

Smarter.Now

The unit comes equipped with a proper Australian 3 pin plug.

john62

john62asked

Is this mop suitable to clean solid timber floors? We find normal mops just don't clean very well.

kt1

Hi there. I use it on my timber floors and I am very happy with it. I agree, normal mops aren't the best. I do however change the pad two or three times while mopping, so I'm not mopping with a dirty one. If you mop quite often like me ( I have 2 dogs inside so mopping is nearly a daily thing for me) I would recommend buying at least 6 pads. When I have used them all I just put them on a gentle cycle in the washing machine and they come up great. Hope this helps!

Floor Steamer Review

Floor Steamer Reviewasked

Re: HAAN SI-A70 Multi Multiple Purpose Floor Steamer Reviews - can someone please help me with the following queries - thank you
(1) How much water does it take;
(2) how long does it take to heat;
(3) can you use oils/scents in the water;
(4) apparently there are some steam mops which need to be pump manually to generate/release steam - is this one of those types?
(5) how long is cord
(6) is it easy to store?

Anne50
Anne50

Thank you for your queries.I purchased the Multi Purpose floor steamer and It is Great. The water tank holds 350mls and the cord length is 7.62 metres. When you turn it on it takes around 20 seconds to start steaming and it does it automatically,so no manual pumping is required. In answer to your question about using scented oils I would strongly recommend that you don't as this could cause problems on the floor surface and may damage the steamer as it is not designed to use any cleaning products, also this would not be covered in your warranty.Storage is no problem as it ia a tall slim design that can stand in a small area. I hope this answers your queries. Happy Steaming!!!!!

Sam461

Sam461asked

One of the main reasons as to why i would be purchasing a steam cleaner is for the shower and the grout. Dont really want to use chemicals as my kids have eczema. Can anyone really tell me how well this cleaner cleans the grout and shower and get into hard to clean places?

Ivana32
Ivana32

I have no experience with cleaning grout with the steam mop and could not advise on the matter but I have tried to clean my shower with the little steam handle and even though it may give a great bacterial free clean, it leaves the shower doors smudgy and in need of a manual wash to give it back the sparkle (I use natural sprays made up of vinegar, lemon etc to do that).
I would personally not buy a steam mop to clean shower doors - but I am very happy with my HAAN as it is a superb mop for cleaning floors!!

JeremyK
JeremyK

it doesn't produce enough steam to easily clean the mould and grout off my shower, trying to clean a greasy kitchen wall with this heavy handheld steamer is a workout on its own. Would not recommend to buy this for heavy duty job.

Sah41

Sah41asked

Can you use on laminate floating floors?

Dael

You need to ask the supplier this. I only have ceramic and porcelain tiles. It works very well on them.

MaoMao69

MaoMao69asked

Do you need to wait until its cool down to refill water?

Dael

No. Just remove the water container and refill it.

Lily21

No, the water refiller is cool all the time. But the ultra clean pad is hot when you finish clean.

pam38

pam38asked

Does it actually clean grout?

Lily21

Yes, the brush can clean the grout with the steam. It takes a while, but better than the chemical.

Karen38

Karen38asked

Hi, does it clean the grout between the tiles properly?

Tim2868
Tim2868

No. It doesn't work. Its ok on floors but thats it. The hand held option is next to useless.

Get an answer from our members and HAAN representatives