3Hankook Optimo K415

Hankook Optimo K415

3Hankook Optimo K415
4.1

82% · 539 · 14%
Brand Manager for Hankook? Claim your listing.

The Major
The MajorTasmania24 posts

Good value

I have been using Hankook tyres for many years and have always found them to be good value for money. They are durable and steer well on my front wheel drive car. I purchase this set on sale and so far have had no problems with them. I will definitely buy these again when the time comes.

Kurt
KurtSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Great tyres!

Bought these tyres on sale at Jax tyres after getting a flat tyre and realising I hadn't replaced my current set for 80,000 kms! They drive really well, no noise and handle all sorts of conditions. Being at the cheaper end of the market I am still happy with the quality and would definitely recommend them!

Ben
BenSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Small Car Tire

This is a good tire for small front wheel drive cars up to 4cyl.

They steer and brake well even in the wet and ride well on crappy Australian roads.

Do not grab these for a V6 as I have done this before and it too much engine for these tires.

Otherwise no complaints. Seem to be wearing very well.

umop3pisdn or Alex
umop3pisdn or AlexBrisbane15 posts

Great value, Great tyres

These tyres are great in all weather conditions and are better performers and quieter than the Bridgestone Ecopia's we tried. We got terrific wear and life out of them the first time, pushing 4yrs and around 80,000kms, trying the Bridgestones was not a good idea as we only got abut 50,000km out of them, they were louder with road noise and not as grippy in the wet.

wilbur
wilburAdelaide8 posts

Great tyres, Great price, Great life

Hankook Optimo K415 are a great set of tyres. They were on the car new and have lasted over 5 years and 70,000 kms. Just bought a new set and will be the only tyres I buy for my car. Great for driving on both bitumen and gravel with its nice deep tread pattern.

Tom
TomKempsey3 posts

Good tyre

Tyres are great for the road but not very good for dirt roads which is expected.

Tyres have had chips taken out of the tread due to driving on lets be honest minimal occasional driving on dirt roads that I do, but that said all round good tyre with good tread life.

So far lasted 50,000kms

jobfish
jobfishFar North Queensland, QLD4 posts

Great so far

I have had a set of these for a few months now and will see how they go on durability. The tyres are no noisier than the previous Bridgestone RE001's I had and they were quiet. I was only able to find 3 different tyres off the rack in 225/60VR15 spec to replace the RE001's. A Bridgestone, Falken and these Hankooks. The Hankooks handle well in dry and wet conditions and their ride is good. Tread pattern looks conservative but don't let that put you off. Price was good at $150 each. I was accustomed to paying $180 - $200 per tyre previously.

Petra
PetraBrisbane2 posts

Good value

Excellent car Tyre, and not too expensive for my Mazda 323, sp20. The Tyres handle well in all conditions, however would handle with more care during wet weather.

Purchased from bob jane T mart, from their wonderful team in coorparoo, Brisbane. Will be back again to this store for another pair when needed.

Dean
DeanEndeavour Hills5 posts

Great tyre for the price

Great tyre for the price and feel comfortable and safe on the road. Wet weather and on corners so far have not let me down holding well and cornering nicely. With the Mrs. driving and the kids in the back driving her crazy I feel peace of mind knowing she's on good tread.

Pinto
PintoMelbourne2 posts

Good value tyre

Very durable as most reviews have indicated. I do a lot of straight line driving and have had them out to 80,000 Km's, although getting a bit thin about then. Dry handling is good and reasonable in the wet. I believe the noise level is acceptable. All this of course is relative to the pricing position of this tyre.

Clark Kent
Clark KentSouth East Queensland, QLD90 posts

Great tyre for the money but noisy on coarse chip bitumen!

Tough and durable, neutral handing tyre.

Wear rates are very good, but drive me nuts on coarse chip bitumen.

Very hard to fault for the money, found them fine in the wet. Anyone with issues in the wet should check their pressures immediately!

Last tyres were Michelin Primacy, a touring tyre. These Hankook Optimo tyres run rings around them for handling and stability, but are quite suseptable to noise transmission on coarse chip surfaces...

Dale Slight
Dale SlightCaloundra2 posts

Ananth
AnanthSYDNEY3 posts

Great tyres! Great durability! Very Satisfied

Great tyres with excellent grip for driver protection and safety. I have been using these tyres for more than 5 years for my Hyundai Accent 1.6L Sedan and has been a great value for money tyres. Just replaced all 4 of the tyres and with the complete wheel alignment done, the car is just like new with good stability, drive comfort and manoeuvrability even during wet conditions. The car was recommended with these tyres by the Korean manufacturers and it does meet all basic requirements. Excellent tyres! Value for money! Great lifespan! Very satisfied customer!

Bob
BobSydney9 posts

Very good

After only using Bridgestone RE92 and getting minimal life 20,000 on front tyres for my Toyota Avalon I decided to tyre a longer lasting tyre. The Avalon is known for heavy front breaking due to weight and also tyre wear. I have 2 Optimo K415 on the front and just reached 60,000 with no rotations. I am very impressed for the value for money on these tyres and was expecting to get at least 30,000 to 40,000. The tyres are fantastic at emergency breaking; and grip in both wet and dry are outstanding and much better than the Bridgestone’s. They are at the end of their life and might try the Michelin Energy XM2 for a change but very impressed with the Optimo for the price.

Teagb19
Teagb19Rosebery Tasmania

Fantastic, I love these tyres!!

I drive a minimum 1200 kms a week through mountains and windy roads covered in frost and snow or heavy rain and never had a problem. Fantastic grip and always feel safe and in control. Just hit 60000 kms and am getting four of the exact same tyres put back on.

Cptslobodan
CptslobodanSydney, NSW7 posts

Perfect tyres for the Holden Captiva

I have had a sad history with tyres but have found the K415 excellent in wet and dry. I have pushed the car in the wet (carefully of course) and was impressesd by the absolute lack of slippage. Perhaps its a perfect match with the type of car I own but these get 5 stars from me.

Show details ·  1

Passenger Tyres

Find out how Hankook Optimo K415 compares to other Passenger Tyres

Peter00
Peter00South East Queensland, QLD11 posts

Average tyre

Wet weather performance is average, dry- good, noise- average. Tyres have worn poorly since new. May be good on a small sedan, but not on my ix35. Have had the wheel alignment checked 4 times, but it just comes down to substandard materials/compound. Done 19,000 Klm now, and will need changing by 30,000 Klm. In comparison, the wife's Santa Fe with 32,000 Klm has less wear, and has been towing the caravan, but hers was fitted with Kumho's...

Scott
Scott2 posts

Dangerous wet grip, OK in dry

Got these tyres on my 1995 Mazda MX5. These are fine in the dry, grip quite well and are nice and quiet. However in the wet, they are horrifically dangerous, the tyres spin at any slight increase in acceleration and the tail gets out on cornering. It seriously feels like you're on ice. It could come down the lightness of the car but all in all, won't buy again.

Joshua J
Joshua J

Brilliant Tyres!

I've had my Ford AU Falcon for nearly 2 years. When I first got the car, these tyres were already on it. I dare say the tyres would've already been on for about 6 months to a year prior to when I got the car. No idea how much mileage I've clocked up since then but I've got the better part of 3 years out of them and I drive everywhere on a regular basis, they got about a few months left so they're headed for the home stretch of their wear life so they'll need replacing, but they have lasted ages in all conditions and environments; wet, dry, hot, they even take a beating on dirt roads on a daily basis and still go strong. Safe to say they get the job done. Definitely getting them again for my new set in the coming months!

Adrian.s
Adrian.sSydney, NSW11 posts

Good Tyre, does the job

I thought I should check reviews of this tyre, as our car came with these tyres standard fitted 205/R16/92. The original tyres have last 60,000 kms and I have just replaced front two tyres with the same Hankook 415's and the back still has about 5-7mm thread left.

Therefore really hardwearing and in that way good value. From a noise perspective, I wouldn't know any different as I haven't been able to compare with other tyres but you can hear the noise, it is not load just normal... The tyre shop (Jax Tyres) did suggest to me to use continental tyres, but we do minimal driving say around 10,000 km a year so Hankook was the best choice as it was about $40 cheaper

RadSouthwest, VIC68 posts

Hard wearing but noisy

Standard fare on the 2 litre Kia Cerato, which has narrower tyres than my Ford Focus 1.6. They are wearing very slowly which is annoying because I wanted to replace them with some nice Michelins as they are like driving in a 44 gallon drum on the big highways and coarse chip roads.

Great around town and on smooth freeways for the person who drives closer to home and doesn't go anywhere near the limits.

Recently had a major blowout doing 80km, bit scary, just gave way on its own without hitting anything, so got a new one to go with the brand new spare .... crap !! Got to stick with them a while longer now.

Rad

Update .... No change !!! 2 new versions of this tire on the front .... I think the original ones, now on the back will last 100k !! Perfectly acceptable tire in city driving. So $$ value for money here is very high.

Steve
Steve

Excellent tyre for small cars

My wife has a kia cerato and currently still has the original hankooks 195/65/15s 67000km and they will reach 70 before they are done. Grippy in all conditions. I've never seen a generic tyre last so long, especially on a fwd car. Highly recommend. Will be buying another set.

Brian
BrianDouglas Park, New South Wales2 posts

Won't buy again

I put these on my Holden Commodore (215/65R15), replacing Michelin Vivacy, at the suggestion of my local shop. I was not impressed with the feel, noise, comfort or grip but kept them on thinking they needed some time to settle in. They seem to have worn well and overall I have not been unhappy with them. However, I have just put new Toyo Proxes C100s on the front and am very impressed by everything about them - no need for me to get used to them. Overall I feel that the Hankook Optimo K415 is a substandard tyre for the money.

Yorkie
Yorkie2 posts

Hankook Optimo K415

My Captiva 7 came with these tyres and they have completed 58,000Km's, with still a few thousand of Km's to go too the tread wear bar. They are a good quiet tyre with an excellent ride, grip well in the wet and have worn well on the Captiva. I would reccomend these tyres to any potential user.
Quiet ride
Jayhay
JayhayAU3 posts

Happy With Choice

Had to have two factory Dunlops changed on my Honda Euro- salesman had two new Hankooks recently traded off showroom car wanting other wheels. Gave me a good price (about half of the Dunlops)and am more than happy with them. Very quiet, give a good "soft" feel through the steering wheel and have handled well in the wet, though only in city driving. Will be interested to see if I get better mileage than the factory fitted Dunlops that gave me 30000kms
Good price, quiet.