Matte White, Gloss Pink
See the Best IPL Machines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for HappySkin Co? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Causes Irritation Yes (18) · No (36)

DOES NOT WORK

Has been consistently using for the last 20+ weeks (thought that consistency would really help one day) I haven't seen ANY result from it even tiny minor changes. Also recently it has just stopped working. It still turns on but does not beam. Waste of money...

Purchased in December 2020.

Sucks

Have been using steady for 1 year and no change, did exactly what the instructions said. I wouldn’t bother buying this, waste of 300 dollars. I would just go to a professional.

Purchased in September 2020 for $300.00.

Other IPL Machines

Frauds with cunning and very illegal marketing ploys

Didn’t make any difference

This does not work at all. I used it on multiple parts of my body(legs, arms, underarm, bikini) and it didn’t work on any. I did the laser treatment regularly for 16 weeks (they recommend 12 for a full treatment but I didn’t see any difference in my hair growth so I kept trying) on the same night every week. I didn’t miss a treatment and I was very consistent because I really wanted it to work. This was just a waste of a couple months for me because it made no difference in any hair growth. Don’t waste your money.

Purchased in May 2020 at Happyskinco for $150.00.

Product does not work

Product did not work at all for me. I used it as recommended, for about 12 weeks and I was not able to see any difference on the growth of my hair. I bought it specially for the chin part, which I had thick and dark hair, but I also used it on my groin and underarm. I do not recommend this product at all. Package was nice and since I live in Canada, I had to pay extra taxes when it arrived. So keep in mind the price you see might not be what you are going to pay.

Purchased in May 2020 for $250.00.

KatM
KatMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

1 year later, doesn’t work...

Using second highest setting every week, 1 year later, no change for armpit & bikini. Im not a thick hairy person but maybe it only works on very fine haired people?

Purchased in January 2020 for $208.99.

Causes Irritation No

Doesn't work, don't believe their fake reviews

This product did absolutely nothing for me. I was fooled by the reviews on their website. When I tried to submit my negative review, after having used it for 3 months with no results, my review was never posted.
Took ages to arrive too. Absolute trash

Purchased in April 2020 for $200.00.

Causes Irritation No

Home IPL machines vs. salon laser hair removal: which is better?

Thinking of ditching the razor for a more permanent hair removal method? We weigh the differences between using an IPL machine at home and laser hair removal at a salon, so that you can choose a treatment that gives you smooth skin all year long.

Clara V.
Clara V.16 Aug 2021
home-ipl-machines-vs-salon-laser-hair-removal-which-is-better

Over the moon!!

Could not be more happy with how great this little Ipl handset works and how quickly I started to see a difference in my hair growth. Seriously impressed me and I'm not usually the biggest fan of online shopping - I've been burned before! I have now gotten both my sister's their daughter's onto this too. Couldn't believe it at first but I'm over the moon!

Purchased in January 2020.

Jodi
JodiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Takes time, but so worth it!

Downside is this is quite a small handheld device so don't expect it to be fast if you're using on all of your body but only takes a few mins to do face, underarms and brazilian which is the regions I started using it on because those are the areas I most hated shaving. As we are coming into summer I've decided to start doing ipl treatments on my legs which now means i'm spending close to 40minutes to cover all of places. Results haven't been breathtakingly fast but for the price and connivence of it I'm more than happy to sit through it. Huge bonus for not being painful but it can get a little hot down stairs.

Purchased in June 2020.

Jackie
Jackie

Life changing!

I have been using this on my face and stomach for 5 weeks and it has literally changed my life! I have pretty whacky hormones and have always struggled with more body hair than most but this little gem of a product has me feeling better about myself than I possible ever have! I have been epilating my face every 2 or 3 days for years until I started doing this. I've had to switch to shaving while using my this but I have only now I'm down to shaving only once every 2 weeks which might not sound like much but it alot for me!
I've also been using on my snail trail for a month and it's already growing back so much less and I am hoping it will be fully gone before summer!!

Purchased in July 2020 for $200.00.

Chris
Chris

Way better than expected

I bought a handset late May 2020 and while it did take a little longer than I would have hoped to come (a little over 2 weeks) but I found the company to be rather transparent about the delay times. About half of my online purchased around that time were getting delayed so I was kind of expecting some issues with shipping if I'm honest. From the point of actually receiving the IPL it has been a pleasure. I haven't had any issues with my device and the results have blown me away. It worked almost immediately on my arms and started working on my lower back hairs after the third session. So stoked with this purchase and I have told a bunch of my mates about it.

Purchased in May 2020 for $249.00.

Jackie S
Jackie S

Isn’t very powerful

Have tried others and this one doesn’t compete.
I found it wasnt as powerful and the quality wasn’t great.
Definitely more powerful ones out there on the market. I am a big fan of ipl

Causes Irritation Yes

Marty
Marty

Male review

Purchased in January 2020 for $239.00.

Shaina Danko
Shaina DankoSydney, NSW

Worked on middle eastern skin tone

Used my IPL laser device on level 4 out of 5 as that was recommended for my skin tone. The sensation while using was not painful as advertised but on sensitive areas you can definitely feel a more of the warm flash feeling. This was a gift for my daughter but she never ended up using it so she offered it to me. I never have had a laser clinic session so I cannot compare but the results have been pleasing. I have used this hair removal device for my arms and legs, it generally takes me about 25 minutes for completion of my treatment.

Purchased in December 2019 for $249.00.

Effective on legs & underarms

Completed my 15th session on my legs and underarms this week and have been very pleased with the results that I've achieved. I started noticing a difference in my hair regrowth on my legs after approx 4 sessions. The underarms took a little longer to see noticeable results but have since been working well. The first 10 sessions I did weekly and the last 4 or 5 I've been doing about once a month or every 3 weeks depending on if im bothered. Hair growth on my legs is minimal (a couple random hairs here and there every couple of weeks). My underarms haven't had any hair growth at all for at least a month.

Purchased in February 2020.

jaz
jazasked
Classic

How long does it take to charge?

Angi T.
Angi T.asked
Classic

Mine literally blew its cover off within 2 months of once a week use. Now what?

Ingrid G
Ingrid Gasked
Classic

I have a Happy Skin and I was pleased with my results but can you please tell me what the difference between your IPL and the cheaper imitation companies are? Thanks, Ingrid.

See all HappySkin Co Classic questions

HappySkin Co Classic

Retailing at $299, Happy SkinCo offers a low price point for its first model of IPL hair removal machine, the Happy SkinCo Classic.

You may have noticed the company’s somewhat heavy-handed advertising on Instagram and other social media platforms. The Classic contains 300, 000 flashes, the equivalent of a 10 year lifespan, and according to the manufacturer you won’t need to pay for any refills or anything extra after your one-off purchase.

While Happy SkinCo sells one of the cheaper models on the IPL market, reviewers commonly noted the poor customer service they received from the company, which was a pain point. Some reviewers with darker skin also noted how the machine wasn’t suitable for their skin tone.

While Happy SkinCo claims on their website that this IPL machine can be used on any body part, IPL is not safe for use above the cheekbones for women, on the face for men, or on the genitals at all. Despite their strong social media presence, a number of less-than-happy reviews suggest it might be wise to take Happy SkinCo’s claims about their product with a grain of salt.

Compare both HappySkin Co Classic
CategoryIPL MachinesIPL Machines
Price (RRP) $299.00$299.00
Target Areas Bikini, Body / Legs, Face and UnderarmsBikini, Body / Legs, Face and Underarms
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Compare both HappySkin Co Classic