Average at best

Delivery times are unreliable and when an item is unavailable they don’t substitute. You have also to check what arrives very carefully as items are often not included even when paid for. Since we often end up at the store anyway (this time it’ll be for coffee and milk!), service feels useless half the time.

Hi Michael, thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry for any issues you encountered with your online order. That's really not what we strive for at Harris Farm so I would like to apologise that we have let you down in this instance. If you could let me know your order number our online customer service team would be happy to follow up. I look forward to hearing from you.

Something wrong with the order 90% of the time

The fruit and vegetables (when per the order and not damaged by poor packing and transport) are great. Unfortunately though based on my past 15 orders, 80% of the time there are items missing (but not on the out of stock email, just missing) and items damaged due to being thrown in a box together and tossed around. Bruised fruit, squashed raspberries, apples with nail marks in them). Tonight they called at 6.10pm to say my delivery (due in a 3 hr window between 3-6pm) would be late. Too late - I was out and my milk spoiled. They refund on complaint but I am tired of taking the time to email - they should just get it right the first time.

Shop LocationOnline
Hi Bluey, I'm sorry for any issues you encountered with your online order. That's really not what we strive for at Harris Farm, so I would like to apologise that we have let you down in this instance. If you could let me know your order number our online customer service team would be happy to follow up. Thanks Warren

No seafood, no point.

Lovely friendly staff, a great (albeit expensive) selection of fruit and vegetables, and an excellent range of delicatessen products, too. One could quite happily live by shopping at Harris alone!

But no seafood.

I stopped buying seafood at Harris Farm, Kings Cross (they call it Potts Point, but it's actually Kings Cross), Sydney several years ago once I realised that one particular staff member there was literally incapable of giving the customer the quantity of food that they request. "I would like 1 kilogram of those prawns, please"... "It's 1.3Kg, is that ok?"... "No, I'd like 1Kg or less, please remove some"... "It's 1.2Kg, is that ok?"... Wash, Rinse, Repeat all you like, but you will NEVER get the quantity you request.

On the second or third occasion when this script played out, once I realised that I could no sooner expect this man to give me what I had asked for than to stick his hand into a raging fire at my request, I simply turned, walked away, left him with his damned prawns and never purchased seafood at Harris again.

Now if I had been buying whole fish and he had made a reasonable effort to meet my request insofar as was possible given the sizes of the products on display, it'd be no problem... but prawns? Really, dude? Really?!

Just two weeks ago I watched the same staff member pull exactly the same stunt on my wife. She too requested a specific quantity, was given a substantially larger quantity, and despite repeated requests, the guy simply gave her a "thick face" blank look, exactly as though he simply did not understand her request, when he had decided, for himself, the quantity that she would purchase.

Our conversation as we left the store went like this: "remember, a couple of years ago, I said I refused to buy seafood from Harris again?"... "yes?"... "it was that same guy".

Given that seafood is off the menu at Harris and we need to go elsewhere for that, there's really no reason for us to visit Harris at all any more. Given the convenient location we do prefer to buy veggies at Harris, but there's three supermarkets within a 500 metre radius and none of them charge the high prices for vegetables that Harris do... and two of them sell seafood.

Put simply: no seafood, no point.

(A tall, solidly built man of Asian appearance. Probably thinks he's clever and making a nice profit by pretending not to understand customer requests. He's driven these two customers away! A clear example of a commercial alliance damaging both businesses.)

Shop LocationPotts Point
Hi Geoff, I'm sorry for any issues you encountered at our Pott's Point store. That's really not what we strive for at Harris Farm, so I would like to apologise that we have let you down in this instance. I have passed your feedback onto the store manager and area manager for review. Thanks Warren

Very disappointing

We got a Delivery yesterday 28dec. The chicken used by date we received was 28 Dec so had to throw away today. I also had to throw half the baby spinach because the poor quality. One of the yogurt used by date is 31st Dec which is really not long.
We used to get a lot of home delivery and I stopped because of the used by date of some of the products was just to short (rather than if I was shopping myself In store). It happened more than once so not just a bas run. I gave it another go because I do like Harris farm but that was again very disappointing. Basically it feels like the packer are getting rid of old stock.

Shop LocationManly
Hi Adele, thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry for any difficulties you encountered with your online order. If you could give me your order number I would be happy to pass it on to our online customer service team to contact you today. I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers Warren

Did not receive what I ordered

I ordered a pack of mackerel among other groceries a day before the delivery, but it was not included in the delivery. I phoned the customer service and was told that they were out of stock, and Harris farm will refund the cost for the undelivered product. She also told me that she would send me a new invoice. But I have not received neither refund nor new invoice. If the shop cannot deliver some products they should phone the customer who ordered and ask if they can provide substitute, because customers are expecting what they ordered and planning meals. In the previous order I was charged 37dollar for a Wague beef priced 24.4 on the pack. Since we pay the delivering cost, more than 10 dollar surcharge is unfair. I’m very disappointed.

Shop LocationOnline
Hi there, thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry for any issues that you've had with your online delivery. That's really not what we strive for at Harris Farm, so I would like to apologise that we have let you down in this instance. If you could let me know your order number I would be more than happy to inform our online customer service team and rectify this for you. I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers Anita.

Portion are not matching what requested

Fish was off and smell terrible
I want a refund
And popcorn I requested thinking it’s few packs in a bag it came only one small bag and different flavour I ordered

Shop LocationOnline
Hi Jihan, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the poor quality seafood you received from us. If you email our online customer service team at online@harrisfarm.com.au they would be more than happy to refund or replace the product. Thanks again, if you have any further concerns or queries please feel free to email us again. Cheers Anita

Excellent and fresh produce but discrepancies in weight and prices.

Can't fault the quality and the freshness - outstanding.
Unfortunately errors recurring on my weekly home delivery orders was too much.
Yes I was credited and reimbursed every time but still got delivered under weight, wrong meat prices (higher) meaning no refund when weight is less than paid for.
I don't have time to spend on the phone explaining price differences between invoiced and received or that 4 times 500 grams is 2 kilos when I receive 1.5 kilo.
I stopped the home delivery service but I still shop at my local Harris Farm.

Shop LocationBoronia Park
Hi Xavier, I'm sorry for the bad experience you had from our online shopping service. That's really not what we strive for at Harris Farm, so I would like to apologise that we have let you down in this instance. If you can provide me with your order number then I can contact our online shopping service and we can work towards rectifying this matter. I look forward to hearing from you. Regards Nazthanks for the reply, it has been fixed in all the invoices as stated in the review as it was recurring over many online orders. Now I shop at my local Harris Farm.

Items missing

Every time I have ordered items have been missing. Items missing yet again from an order. Please provide better QA.

Shop LocationOnline
Hi Oilver, we're really sorry to hear about the missing items in your order. Could you please provide us with your order number, so we can investigate this with the team. Thanks

Fruit and veges bruised and damaged

- pears came squished with holes all through them
- eggplant rotten in middle and damaged
Thoroughly disappointed given that products decent price

Shop LocationOnline
Hi Skye, we're really sorry to hear about the damaged and poor quality produce in your order. Could you please provide us with your order number, so we can investigate this with the team and organise a refund for you? ThanksPP#373878Thanks Skye. We have refunded the pears and eggplant, so the funds should return to your card shortly.

Dishonest, dirty but fast

If you need fast food then go for Harris Farm online but beware if you don't receive the product your ordered, they will not tell you nor refund you unless you tell them you have not received it. This is dishonest. Also be prepared for all your vegetables and fruit to be literally tossed into a box and sealed. We received old apples and it was as though we opened a box that smelled like old rabbit food. Poorly packaged and bruised old apples which cost a fortune!

Shop LocationOnline
Hi Chevron, I'm very concerned to hear about the incorrect and damaged items in your order. That's really not what we strive for at Harris Farm, so I would like to apologise that we have let you down in this instance. If an item is out of stock, we endeavour to call you to advise and ask if you would like a subsitution. Could you please provide me with your order number? That way we can organise a refund for redelivery for you, and investigate this with the team. CheersThanks for your response however I have had two other instances in the same month where your staff at the registers have put an extra vague item to the value of $10.63 on one day and another for $12 on another day where I had to question them in front of other customers and they apologised and removed them both as they did not exist! I hate to say it but it really seems dishonesty/ ignorance is running deep in your business model. Very coincidental for it to happen three times in a month. What is going on??Thanks for getting back to me. This is concerning to hear, and we would really like to investigate these overcharges with our team. We are currently in the process of updating our registers POS systems to reduce errors, but I would also like to ensure that staff in store are receiving training to cover gaps where need. Could you please send us an email to hello@harrisfarm.com.au, and we can sort this out for you?

So close, yet so far...

This service could be so good, alas it is not there yet.

For the 3rd week in a row, my order has been missing items. The most concerning part? Harris Farm charged me for these items... and then just missed them from actually getting into my box of food.

Online Shopping needs to save me time, however having to audit the delivery each week, then send a follow-up email is not making this a net win for me.

Shop LocationOnline
Hi Nick, we're sorry to hear that your orders have been consistently missing items. Could you please provide us with your most recent order number? That way we can investigate why this is happening with the team. Cheers

Why not tell customer you won’t be delivering key items?

This afternoon I received a text message to say my order had been packed. The order arrived this evening and the delivery man brought it inside. Only when I unpacked everything did I become aware that three major items were not included. I checked my email and the SMS I had received. Nothing. Phoned Harris Farm. The operator told me you were low on stock so she had refunded my card for the items that didn’t arrive (including milk??). But by this stage I am home with a crying baby who wants her bottle and had I known you couldn’t deliver everything, I could have collected items myself on the way home!! Please don’t leave it up to busy, working parents to chase you up about missed items. Be proactive and transparent and inform your customers if you can’t deliver in advance of delivering!!

Shop LocationOnline
Hi Ashleigh, thanks for getting in touch. We've sent you a message so we can sort this out for you soon.

Lots of products missing/Delivery was delayed

Second time i order from Harris. First time was great. Second time was really disappointing. Delivery came after agreed time slot and nine products were missing. Helpdesk was ok, but I had to resend list with missing products. And missing products will be delivered one day later. This is not good enough.

Shop LocationOnline
Hi Eriend, we're really sorry to hear about the issues in your order. Could you please provide us with your order number, so we can investigate? Thanks351762. And the re delivery was even half an hour delayed. Got a 15 dollar gift card though. When you get a 170 dollar order at 9.30 PM the day after it should have been delivered you are not trust worthy in my opinion.

Very late delivery, items missing and they are not taking calls

This is the second time I have used this service, the first time I got Mould in 2 boxes of raspberries and ok, it was just before Christmas and very busy. I tried again this week and the delivery arrived at 10:15pm, so very late. 3 items missing.

I called before 10:30pm (supposed to be there until 11pn) and told to leave a message, I did and sent an email. I call 3 times today from 9:30 and still not taking calls or responding to emails.
Called reception who who told me they can’t help.

Shop LocationOnline
Hi Jennifer, it's concerning to hear about the late order you received and the difficulty you had getting through to our customer service team. That's really not what we strive for at Harris Farm, so I would like to apologise that we have let you down in this instance. Can you please advise us of your most recent order number, so we can investigate this? ThanksHello, the order number was PP#330472 I think you need to start reading feedback more closely. There are a large number of complaints similar to mine. I visit you shops quite quite frequently, but I will not be using your delivery service again.Thank you Jennifer. We're very keen to iron out any lateness issues with our service. We'll be looking into this, and I'll get back to you shortly.

Unable to deliver during specified times -AGAIN

Unable to deliver during specified time. Received a phone call detailing the delay well after the delivery window time. Customer service is non existent when call. Never able to speak with a manager. Have never been called back to follow up. With such big competitors out there is disappointing and now time to go elsewhere

Shop LocationOnline
Hi Erin, we're very concerned to hear about your late order and the poor experience you had with our customer service team. Can you please advise your most recent order number, so we can investigate? Cheers

Always last in the delivery queue. Why?

For order #330924. I'm always Last in delivery queue. Tonight is a good example where there is another order 7 places in front with delivery being in Ashbury, 5mins away. Driver has to go all the out to to Surry Hills and city before making my delivery. The expectation that I wait until 11.30pm for my delivery when I was happy to receive order until 9.30pm. For this order, not happy with the service. Please fix your delivery algorithm.

Shop LocationOnline
Hi Cathy, we're sorry to hear about your consistent late orders! If you send us an email to online@harrisfarm.com.au with your most recent order number, we can investigate this for you. Cheers

Be careful about substitutions

I ordered 4 meat patties for a bbq on the day of delivery - and they were substituted for a more expensive brand - and only two meat patties in the pack. Because they substituted what I'd ordered for something only half the equivalent - I was short for my bbq. This is the second time I've had things substituted for a product that doesn't equate to what I'd ordered.

Shop LocationBondi Junction
Hi LP2, we're concerned to hear about this. If substitutions are made in your order, you should always be provided the same quantity at no extra cost, so we'd really like to look into this? Can you please provide us with your order number, so we can investigate and organise a refund for you? CheersHello - order number as follows. PP#325287 ThanksThanks for getting back to us. I've refunded the burger patties for you now, and we're following up with the packers in store to ensure this doesn't happen again. Please feel free to contact us via online@harrisfarm.com.au or 9394 3111 (ext 1) if there's anything else we can do to assist. Cheers

Mold

The raspberries were covered in mold :( The fruit was overripe like they wanted to get rid of it. The milk expiry was in a few days :(

Shop LocationCammeray
Hi Christina, we're really concerned to hear about the poor quality and short-dated products in your order. If you haven't already, can you please send us an email to online@harrisfarm.com.au with the information on the poor quality products? That way we can investigate this with the store, and organise a refund or redelivery for you. CheersThank you - I can do thatThanks Christina. We look forward to hearing from you.

Wrong products and left off items

Ordered 2kg onions and only got two singular onions ($8 worth). Bunch of asparagus ordered and paid for didn't arrive.

Shop LocationBoronia Park
Hi Emily, I'm sorry to hear about the missing onions and asparagus in your order. Can you please advise your order number, so we can organise a refund for you and follow this up with the store? CheersI have subsequently been in contact with someone from your customer service team and they have refunded me, although its not in my account yet. PP#305174 is the invoice reference number.Hi Emily, I'm glad to hear it. Your refund should take 2-3 business days to process. In the meantime, we'll be looking into this with the store.

No longer reliable and poor customer service

I have been a longtime Harris Farm online customer, and have previously been a big advocate of their service, produce quality and response to any issues.

I cannot understand how things can change so significantly however, to the point that I am now forced to look elsewhere.

I order online for the convenience and I previously used HF because their produce was excellent quality and they were extremely reliable. I usually order every fortnight.

Out of my last 5 orders however, three have not been delivered! Two of those simply didn’t turn up with no explanation and or the other I received a phone call at 9.45pm to say it was so late I wouldn’t get it until around 10.45pm, so would I like it rescheduled for the following day.

This is unacceptable Harris Far, and so different to your previous level of service. I have always done as much of my shopping with them as I can to keep my $$$ away from Coles and Woolworths. Now I don’t know what I will do and will need to look for an alternative.

I have given 2 stars because they deserve something for the grea5 quality of produce (when I actually receive it) however I actually rate them 0 at the moment as I get again didn’t receive my order which I have paid for and I can’t get them on the telephone despite them stating they are available from 9 to 11pm.

Shop LocationOnline
Hi Djww, we're terribly sorry to hear the the quality of service you've received from our online team has declined recently. If you could please provide your order number, we will organise for our Online Manager to investigate the issues you've experienced and get in touch with you directly.Hi My order is #298814.Thanks Djww. We're investigating this now, and our customer service team will contact you shortly.