Listing monitored by Harris Scarfe

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (1) · No (11)
pinkowl
pinkowlSydney, NSW

Dishonest and does not respond

Purchased two items online, one being SMITH & NOBEL Arte 24pc Cutlery Set Rainbow @ $40+ which later got canceled and refunded but has been showing available online selling @ $70-$119. Emailed customer service and no response. The cutlery set isn't that big of a deal but not honouring a binding contract is unethical. Will report to fair trading for "misleading representations and deceptive conduct".

Tommy A.
Tommy A.Sydney, NSW

I should have checked the reviews before I bought the product online

I purchased a cast-iron casserole which was reduced by 40%. I thought I had a really good deal until I saw that there's a chip on the lid. I only saw it when I was washing it after I used it for the first time. I guess it doesn't affect my cooking but it just looked unsightly.

Matt H.
Matt H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Slow and expensive

Took 11 days to dispatch an in stock item from their warehouse. Paid $10 for the delivery to Melbourne CBD. Competitors offer free delivery and/ or pick up, and the item arrives within 48 hours. I would not recommend or use them again.

lianne
lianneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not Cotton Sheets as advertised.

I ordered 2 sheets sets, different Brands. 1 Polo. It said that these were cotton.
Got them delivered and they were Cotton Polyester blend. The other set, which were a different brand, were exactly the same made, same stitching, all from India. No different to the others. Again, suppose to be all Cotton. Doesn't feel any different than the others. Don't buy online as you are not getting what you pay for

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Coco
Coco

delivery as expected, within given time frame

Was very nervous about order after reading the reviews here, wrote to customer support. Feedback was given within 24 hours. Complete order was delivered in 8 business days. Would order again.

Alana
AlanaIllawarra, NSW

Dinner set - mug arrived broken and no response to my email!

I had ordered 2 dinner sets and some pans
The order arrived quite promptly, but when i opened it, a mug from one of the dinner sets arrived broken and no response to emails to their customer service.
Should have read the reviews here before ordering!

Over packaging

I am not complaining about the product. Two glass coffee mugs. But the packaging was way(!!!) over the top. Four metres of bubble wrap at least. And on a box large enough to hold a very large microwave. For two mugs. Why???? So much landfill.

Thehonestreviewer
Thehonestreviewer

Sad they are closing

The layout of the store Airport West store was fine , clear big signage as too where some items are would make a big difference. It was neat and tidy too.

There where prices up for some items but not all which was a bit annoying.

We bought stone pots and pans and we were very happy with these easy to clean products literally no more scrubbing. We bought plates Maxwell Williams and some loose items too and pillows were at a good price too. Will be back before they close.

Staff at register needed a boost me up they gave customer service without a smile . Only one floor staff visible and no assistance was given either. But considering they might be affected with the job losses I can surpass that.

Will be back to buy more

ethel
ethel

Poor customer service

Find out how Harris Scarfe compares to other General Merchandise Shops

Where has happy customer service gone

After i had to search the store for assistance, I went to pay for my purchases, had an e-gift card, older lady was not happy, complaining that it wasn't as simple as just scanning it, that she then had to ring to authorize it then send a copy back... why are you in customer service if all you want to do is complain about servicing the customer?

Stephanie T.
Stephanie T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Be wary of bonus promotions that don't apply online

I have always been a fan of Harris Scarfe sales, I had recently bought a Killarney quilt with two bonus pillows from Mornington, and after seeing the same bonus online stocked up with 3 more. After receiving the 3 quilts without pillows, I was informed there is some small print about the offer not applying online (to which I responded why would it be promoted online if not applicable online). No offer to provide the bonus offer if we come into the store, quite annoyed and they have lost a customer due to the poor communication and management of my issue.

Maggs
MaggsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Shoddy customer service

An item was missing from my order, which I'd already signed for, believing that order was complete ...sent 2 emails, contacted customer support by phone and didn't get any answers, went on their facebook site today and wrote a comment about my issue as well as send them a message, within half an hour I had a reply saying that item weas on it's way ...maybe F/B is the quickest way to get some action ?

Linelle
LinelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great sales plus wide range of stock

No matter which of their stores I visit there is always a bargain to be had at Harris Scarfe. Great range in homewares and manchester. Cheap and cheerful ladies clothes and underwear. Staff have been wonderfully helpful and rung other stores to track down items for me.

John G.
John G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Purchased bluestone pots and pan kit

Viv
Viv

Great collection

Multiple brands at one shop so it’s convenient to do shopping there and also saves time. Customer service is great. Mostly it’s my go to shop for brands at ryde.

Store LocationHarris Scarfe , Top Ryde