Harris Scarfe

Harris Scarfe (page 4 of 5)

Physical Stores, Online Store
Listing monitored by Harris Scarfe

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (1) · No (31)

Poor quality Van Heusen shirts

Bought 6 Van Heusen shirts at a great price. When I unpackaged them at home I noticed the quality of shirt was poor compared to previous shirts bought from Meyer. Material thinner, shoulder area narrower, and lots of loose threads. Found fault in the material of one of the shirts and took it back for replacement. Staff were good and replaced the shirt with no problems. However, new shirt also has fault in material. Have to go back again. Are Harris Scarfe selling seconds? I'd rather pay more somewhere else for a better quality.

AIF
AIFtanilba bay

I am a happy customer of HS

I have been a customer for about five years. Sometimes I fail to get the required size and colour of items but the delivery has always been fast and reliable.

Antonio
Antonio

First time shopping online.....

Bought 2 sets of dinnerware plates and some small items, yes did arrive in 3 lots but when I complaint about 2 bowls been damaged during transport, no many questions asked they did replace straight away.... Good experience overall!!

Shri
Shri

Damage blanket

I bought a blanket which was on 50% sale and paid $50 which means rrp is $100 but after I used for a days I found a hole in it. Its is so hard to find hole or damage while purchasing. Even do not like customer service.

blackberryjane
blackberryjaneAdelaide

Dodgy prices

I needed a hoodie and saw one in the colour I wanted on sale at HS for half price, down from $79 to $39. The fabric looked a little cheap, but at that price I reasoned that it must be much better quality than it appeared. I wish I had trusted my instincts. I took it home, washed it and wore it. Half way through the first day, it was becoming very fluffy, like a $10 fleecy sweater might, and the zip was sticking. I feel ripped off. I can only say, something dodgy is going on with their prices.

Not Competitive Prices, Shop Around

I bought a nutri ninja auto iq for $239 because it's on sale they said and the next day, other shops costs $189.00 and they won't take it back because I used it once and they can't resale it and they can only match the price on the day you bought it, crap.
I definitely don't want to shop in Harris Scarfe anymore. Thank you very much!

Gary L
Gary LBrisbane

Really great to shop at this store

Approximately 2months ago I went to the Morayfield store to buy a Food Processor...ended up with a Russell Hobbs Processor...the staff made my shopping experience absolutely great...For such young staff they were very helpful, friendly and informative...all had smiles as if they were pleased to be doing that job...I hope they keep up the great customer relations...also prices are very competitive, store very clean and organized, and there is a large range of products.

molting towels

Purchased 2 orange towels - first use - my husband and I were covered in orange fluff, not to mention the whole bathroom. Washed them - same thing happened. When I rang to complain, expecting to hear they would replace them, NO! I was informed they aren't faulty, it takes about 6 weeks of use before the fluff stops and was told to only buy white or cream towels to prevent this happening again. What a load of rubbish, I have all sorts of colour towels and haven't experienced this before. Won't be shopping there again and wouldn't recommend them at all.

bad warranty service

Chopaholic
ChopaholicBelmont

Damaged goods

Ordered $200 knife block of their online website. When the knives arrived the block was scratched and damaged which stood out as it was a black block. Knives were dirty and damaged. The metal casings which held the knives onto the block had fallen off and could nt be re-attached The product honestly looked like a second or one a customer had bought and returned. I would not trust buying online- go into store and purchase the product at least you know it will be new.

damaged and dirty

Tom_70
Tom_70Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good after sale service

I order fairly regularly from their online specials. I have had a couple of incorrect or incomplete items sent which were promptly fixed by a call to their toll free service line. Shipping is reasonably fast (a week to receive at the most) via Aus post and their online stock levels are accurate.
Great after sale service, accurate stock levles, fast shipping.
A couple of incorrect / incomplete items received but rapidly and easily fixed.

Lisa
LisaSydney, NSW

Customer feedback, Harris Scarfe Womens dept.Adelaide City store.

Your store employee, [Personal Name Removed], was invaluable with her assistance in the Women's Dept.with the selection of clothes for my 80 year old mother. Her friendliness,time,patience and advise indicated to me she has great customer service skills. She took the time and care to assist with selection. Well done!

Best manager and staff

I would like to say what a pleasure it is to shop at Harris Scarfe Ulverstone Tasmania. I have shopped at all the other stores in Tasmania, but the service I have recieved from the manager and staff at the Ulverstone store is the best. I travel from Launceston to Ulverstone to shop. I would like to congratulate [name removed] on the job she does as the manager, nothing is a problem to her, always has a smile for every one and treats each customer that they are VIP customer. Her staff are the most helpful people I have had the pleasure to be served by.

Trid
TridWestern District, VIC

Consistently great service

I regularly shop at Harris Scarfe in Geelong and find their service and product range (especially bedding) one of the best in the area. Wait for their sales as prices are usually very good (and they'll price match if you see better). Service standard has improved over the years, I wish I could say the same about Target and Big W.
Service, range and prices.

puzzled51
puzzled51Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

discourteous and abrupt behaviour of staff member

Encountered the above from an assistant at Ringwood store when enquiring about bed linen.
We received a catalogue on 24 Oct assuming it to be current.Said catalogue available 25 Oct.
We travelled some 48 kms--Our error ! Still it does not in any way excuse the rudeness of your
member of staff. Incidentally we shopped at Bed Bath & Table.Doubtful if we shall shop @ H.S again!
Did not appreciate wasted time & travel

JessV
JessVMelbourne

First time buying online with HS

I ordered 3 pairs of shoes from their online store and thought it was pretty good service. Two pairs came first and i thought they had forgotten the third so i called them and they were very helpful and told me that they were delayed and had just been mailed out. So i did have to wait a week or two for all 3 pair but still was happy considering the shoes were very expensive but i got 50 % off them.
Good customer service on the phone
Had order shipped in two lots

Dshopping Lover
Dshopping LoverMELBOURNE

Great prices Great Service

sassy65356
sassy65356ACT, 2601

Bad

A good store but I wish that this store was available in my area - having to travel to it is such a pain. However, it is very good quality.
I have brought lots of things from Harris Scarfe, most of which is of good quality. Over the years, This includes products manchester, work clothes, bathroom products (such as mats and towels), cookware and the such.
The decreasing number of stores is bad, lack of numbers is frustrating. All willing to do refunds if you have a faulty product or it is of a lesser quality that first imagined. For instance, one time I brought a curtain but did not fit our windows. They were very willing to refund and helped us pick a replacement product.

notcold1
notcold1AU

Great kitchen bargains to be had

This shop has so many bargains they have fantastic specials on all the time. They have top of the range name brand kitchen pots and pans and many kitchen accessories that are heaps cheaper then the recommended retail price. They also have fantastic specials regularly i got a pan set that was meant to be $689 and it was this price in all the other stores including Myers and David Jones. At Harris Scarfe i got the set on special for $150 and they are just fantastic i would highly recommend it and i now don't shop anywhere else for kitchen supplies.
great specials

Rex.Reba.Patch
Rex.Reba.PatchBrisvegas QLD

Great discounted brand names won't buy anywhere else

Good

JenniferMarie
JenniferMarieAU

Crappy store

MichaelLam
MichaelLamAU

Cheap shop with some bargains

I have shopped at Harris Scarfe for years and recently purchased their 'deal of the week' online. I have always found their products the cheapest on the market and they have some great brands.
Cheap, great range
Service can be poor at times

tsetse
tsetseAU

Good store

I don't have any bad experience with Harris Scarfe so far. I get Harris Scarfe's discount catalogue every week, and I always check for stuff on special. Great discounts for good quality products. I've bought a pasta machine at $35 (50% off), cast iron pan $37 (about 70 - 80% off) and some diana ferrari supersoft shoes under $50 per pair (50% off) etc. Having said that, you do need to shop around and compare prices.

I agree with some reviewers that the staff won't hang around customers, who might get frustrated when they want assistance. Personally I don't have that problem. If you take the items to the cashier counter and ask the staff, they all seem quite friendly and helpful.
Great discounts, good products

sherri
sherriVic, 3802

Always get it wrong for me at the checkout

Other General Merchandise Shops