Harris Scarfe

Harris Scarfe (page 3 of 3)

Physical Stores, Online Store
Listing monitored by Harris Scarfe

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (22)

Gary L
Gary LBrisbane

Really great to shop at this store

Approximately 2months ago I went to the Morayfield store to buy a Food Processor...ended up with a Russell Hobbs Processor...the staff made my shopping experience absolutely great...For such young staff they were very helpful, friendly and informative...all had smiles as if they were pleased to be doing that job...I hope they keep up the great customer relations...also prices are very competitive, store very clean and organized, and there is a large range of products.

Customer service is terrible!

Hervey Bay service by [name removed] was terrible! Although the products and prices are good, I certainly would not return to this store! She was abrupt and rude and embarrassed me when I moved to another register so an elderly lady could put her purchases down.

LEMMY
LEMMY

What dreary shop

Harris Scarfe used to be ''that Adelaide'' shop. I sometimes wander into the one in Highpoint. It's extremely dreary. If I knew anything about retail psychology I could explain it better... I walk in the door, it's all going ok... but the further I venture in... well I just want to leave. They do have towels made in Australia though!

I really don't know... It's just a horrible store

Tom_70
Tom_70Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good after sale service

I order fairly regularly from their online specials. I have had a couple of incorrect or incomplete items sent which were promptly fixed by a call to their toll free service line. Shipping is reasonably fast (a week to receive at the most) via Aus post and their online stock levels are accurate.
Great after sale service, accurate stock levles, fast shipping.
A couple of incorrect / incomplete items received but rapidly and easily fixed.

Lisa
LisaSydney, NSW

Customer feedback, Harris Scarfe Womens dept.Adelaide City store.

Your store employee, [Personal Name Removed], was invaluable with her assistance in the Women's Dept.with the selection of clothes for my 80 year old mother. Her friendliness,time,patience and advise indicated to me she has great customer service skills. She took the time and care to assist with selection. Well done!

pablo_h

it would be nice if they Emailed order confirmation and details

Ordered during the Easter sale, my credit card charged, nothing from them in my email like a receipt/list of goods purchased or any acknowledgement I even placed and order.
The only thing I have received from them is just advertising, no idea what's going on with my order.
This has never happened to me before with any other store, normally there's some automated acknowledgement at least.
If i get it, then that experience will overide anything else because the prices were OK
If they try sub or remove things, going to be annoying as the only proof of purchase so far is what I wrote down myself and the charges on my CC bill.

pablo_h

FWIW got the items I ordered today. Would have been nice to get emailed confirmation of an order and not spam every 4 days though.

Best manager and staff

I would like to say what a pleasure it is to shop at Harris Scarfe Ulverstone Tasmania. I have shopped at all the other stores in Tasmania, but the service I have recieved from the manager and staff at the Ulverstone store is the best. I travel from Launceston to Ulverstone to shop. I would like to congratulate [name removed] on the job she does as the manager, nothing is a problem to her, always has a smile for every one and treats each customer that they are VIP customer. Her staff are the most helpful people I have had the pleasure to be served by.

Trid
TridWestern District, VIC

Consistently great service

I regularly shop at Harris Scarfe in Geelong and find their service and product range (especially bedding) one of the best in the area. Wait for their sales as prices are usually very good (and they'll price match if you see better). Service standard has improved over the years, I wish I could say the same about Target and Big W.
Service, range and prices.

Complaint

I'm a regular shopper at Forest Hill, Victoria and go to all the sales but a lot of products don't have prices and we always seem to be asking staff who have to go to the check out for a price - put price 'zappers' in all your stores and make is easier on staff and customers!!!!
Range of products

Dshopping Lover
Dshopping LoverMELBOURNE

Great prices Great Service

simm_mee
simm_meevic, 3020

OK

a good store that stocks a variety of household items as well as clothing and camping good. if you see an item on sale you need to get in there a they often run out but the trip is well worth is as oten great savings can be found
a variety of good and prices in store, you can get homewards, clothing, camping goods, linen, food items (chocolate in particular) and shoes. often found in large shopping centres. catalogues have some great specials and you can layby items if you require. friendly staff although they can be difficult to locate at times. prompt service at cash registers
store items especially in catalogues can be difficult to find and are often sold out. staff assistance can be difficult to find

notcold1
notcold1AU

Great kitchen bargains to be had

This shop has so many bargains they have fantastic specials on all the time. They have top of the range name brand kitchen pots and pans and many kitchen accessories that are heaps cheaper then the recommended retail price. They also have fantastic specials regularly i got a pan set that was meant to be $689 and it was this price in all the other stores including Myers and David Jones. At Harris Scarfe i got the set on special for $150 and they are just fantastic i would highly recommend it and i now don't shop anywhere else for kitchen supplies.
great specials

Rex.Reba.Patch
Rex.Reba.PatchBrisvegas QLD

Great discounted brand names won't buy anywhere else

Tracky1974
Tracky1974AU

OK

While it can be frustraing that products featured in their catalogues are rarely in stock during the sales, I have learnt to not read the catalogues but just to go in store and see what I can find. I purchased a set of Stanley Rodgers Steak Knives for $23 today, reduced from $79.99.
Sell quality brands for a discounted price.
Rarely have products featured in their catalogues in store during sales. Does not sell children's or babies clothes. Every store I have been in are messy with bits and pieces of stock everywhere making it hard to find what I am looking for, this is frustrating especially when I am in a hurry.

MichaelLam
MichaelLamAU

Cheap shop with some bargains

I have shopped at Harris Scarfe for years and recently purchased their 'deal of the week' online. I have always found their products the cheapest on the market and they have some great brands.
Cheap, great range
Service can be poor at times

tsetse
tsetseAU

Good store

I don't have any bad experience with Harris Scarfe so far. I get Harris Scarfe's discount catalogue every week, and I always check for stuff on special. Great discounts for good quality products. I've bought a pasta machine at $35 (50% off), cast iron pan $37 (about 70 - 80% off) and some diana ferrari supersoft shoes under $50 per pair (50% off) etc. Having said that, you do need to shop around and compare prices.

I agree with some reviewers that the staff won't hang around customers, who might get frustrated when they want assistance. Personally I don't have that problem. If you take the items to the cashier counter and ask the staff, they all seem quite friendly and helpful.
Great discounts, good products

Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

mxmar0
mxmar0Queensland, 4163

OK

A shop with a reasonable range of products at a reasonable price. It was a pleasure to troll the shop and the staff were more than helpful.
Have only shopped their once. I did find the range and quality of product on par somewhere near a Robins Kitchen. Many of the products were a good price and good quality. I did buy some knives and other products for thr kitchen there and have been happy with the quality. I dont tend to shop there anymore as I can get exactly what I need at a Myer for a similar price and with the addedd benefit of a loyality program.
None really; woule be good if there was a loyality program.

than4
than4

connielaura
connielaura

OK

the only harris scarfe store i have been in was the one in adelaide city. my opinion based on this is that the store could have been kept cleaner than it was the times i have been in there as in the floor and also staff could have been restocking and doing a quick pick up of clothes even though it is the customers that seem to trow them around. great kitchenware, alright priced, clothes are not for me.
good range of products and brands, easy to find layout, great kitchenware
not a fan of the clothing lines at all, the store in adelaide that i used to go to could have been kept cleaner.

Mostly a handy to where I live, that is Moonah store, occasionally visiting your Hobart store, as above your service is as I say goes highly recomended. Pricing is affordable, quality always. Even when Ive been to Adelaide, it is excellent.
Kindest Regards
Peter Barr
Have found in mens clothing, QUALITY that is best, service always friendly. Staff are most helpful.
Removal of The Cafe from Harris Scarfe in Hobart, it was a place where to meet, and have a coffee or a meal or both.

Other General Merchandise Shops