Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 883

Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 883

4.1

Xin Wang

Xin WangDiamond Creek

there is no alternative to Harley

Date PurchasedApr 2018
    Terry

TerryAdelaide

The choice is for you to decide

Thruxton8

Thruxton8Sydney, NSW

A great bike to individualise to your liking and something that can keep evolving as the years pass.

Cruiser Bikes

Find out how Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 883 compares to other Cruiser Bikes

Superlow ChickSouth East Queensland, QLD

2012 XL883L

HogriderAU

28 years of Owning and building Hogs and this is one of the better ones.

Woodford
    Woodford

Good

The 2007 XL883R has been an awesome bike. I've been riding since the 70's and for around town and mountain riding this as been the best overall bike I have had. I comes at a reasonable price, handles great, accelerates fast and looks good.
    Nice braking, good acceleration, great handling(fun around town) and versatile enough for dirt roads, rubber mounted engine has reduced all that vibration of past.
    Rides a little hard on bumps.

Kryska

KryskaWA, 6065

Bad

The "Harley-Davidson Sportster 883" is similar to most Harleys in that it is a great bike for the open road, but if you go near any pot holes, or if you try to take it on a gravel road, or even off-road it is completely pathetic. These bikes are not meant to be used on anything except on a clear smooth road. As with all bikes they are a lot of fun, but they are also very dangerous. You could be the best driver in the world, but if a Kangaroo comes along, or an idiot in another car, then you are a goner.
    Its a Harley
    everything else.

realmc26
    realmc26
    See all Harley-Davidson Sportster reviews

Brett Masked

Sportster Iron 883

How much does the 1600 ks service cost?

Hi Brett. Average cost of a H.D. service according to the blogs I read seems to be around $ 350. I could not specifically find a first service cost. Non H.D. dealers might be cheaper but probably best to keep it " in house " for the first few services. Hope this helps. Cheers, Michael.

Brett M

Thanks Michael. I got mine done yesterday at Brisbane. $430, I guess I'll be paying these prices while it's under warranty. Thanks again mate.

Daniel

Danielasked

Sportster Iron 883

Hi people,am thinking about buying a new Harley 883 iron.Am not looking for a rocket,and as long as it moves smartly I'll be happy.Ive owned bikes in the past,but never a harley.any feed back is most welcome, thanks.

Leigh Jensen
    Leigh Jensen

I would always recommend the 1200 - essentially the same bike, but why wouldn't want to have the option to use a bit more power?

Hi Daniel.
    You just described the Iron 883 .its no rocket but can get the job done, if riding around town is your job.
    On the freeway it can get up & go but I have noticed after 1 month what everyone else is talking about.
    When I go riding with friends & we lane split I get left with the car's.
    It is a beautiful bike thats fun to ride but I wish it had a bit more oomph.
    But I do love it so.

BeeKay

BeeKayasked

Sportster Iron 883

I am new to the HD fold from a long and loyal Jap big Hp bike following. Just traded my ZX14 Ninja for a 2017 Iron 883 with V & H Short shot pipes and Stage 1 air. Despite the massive yearning for more power coming off the Kwaka I still enjoy riding the Iron more than ever before. It’s raw and involving and I made the right decision, but,..... still need more power. When I have enough $$$ saved I am looking at V&H FP3 Fuelpack tuner and S&S Hooligan (883-1200) conversion kit fitted by someone who knows this product. Can someone let me know if this power gain will scratch my itch. I’m not expecting 150Hp but need more low down and smoother linear torque. Also do I need something else to take this upgrade bearing in mind $$$ ?
    Thanks, Brian K