Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 883

Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 883 Questions & Answers

5 questions from our users

Brett Masked

Sportster Iron 883

How much does the 1600 ks service cost?

Hi Brett. Average cost of a H.D. service according to the blogs I read seems to be around $ 350. I could not specifically find a first service cost. Non H.D. dealers might be cheaper but probably best to keep it " in house " for the first few services. Hope this helps. Cheers, Michael.

Brett M

Thanks Michael. I got mine done yesterday at Brisbane. $430, I guess I'll be paying these prices while it's under warranty. Thanks again mate.

Daniel

Danielasked

Sportster Iron 883

Hi people,am thinking about buying a new Harley 883 iron.Am not looking for a rocket,and as long as it moves smartly I'll be happy.Ive owned bikes in the past,but never a harley.any feed back is most welcome, thanks.

Leigh Jensen
Leigh Jensen

I would always recommend the 1200 - essentially the same bike, but why wouldn't want to have the option to use a bit more power?

Hi Daniel.
You just described the Iron 883 .its no rocket but can get the job done, if riding around town is your job.
On the freeway it can get up & go but I have noticed after 1 month what everyone else is talking about.
When I go riding with friends & we lane split I get left with the car's.
It is a beautiful bike thats fun to ride but I wish it had a bit more oomph.
But I do love it so.

BeeKay

BeeKayasked

Sportster Iron 883

I am new to the HD fold from a long and loyal Jap big Hp bike following. Just traded my ZX14 Ninja for a 2017 Iron 883 with V & H Short shot pipes and Stage 1 air. Despite the massive yearning for more power coming off the Kwaka I still enjoy riding the Iron more than ever before. It’s raw and involving and I made the right decision, but,..... still need more power. When I have enough $$$ saved I am looking at V&H FP3 Fuelpack tuner and S&S Hooligan (883-1200) conversion kit fitted by someone who knows this product. Can someone let me know if this power gain will scratch my itch. I’m not expecting 150Hp but need more low down and smoother linear torque. Also do I need something else to take this upgrade bearing in mind $$$ ?
Thanks, Brian K

Mandy O

Mandy Oasked

Is the 2015 iron good?

Tom

Tomasked

Sportster Iron 883

Can a beginner rider learn on this easily enough? 60kg, 6,1"

Rod
Rod

If your a beginner the 883 would suit better it is a similar bike less horsepower more suited to a beginner

Terry
Terry

It is not a learner approved bike in Australia but the new 500 is

Xin Wang
Xin Wang

It is not a LAMS bike in many states, so you can't ride it in your first three years. After that, it is a good entry bike for owning Harley Davidson but given your height figure, I 'd say go for Softail.

See all Harley-Davidson Sportster questions

Get an answer from our members and Harley-Davidson representatives