Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances

Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances (page 2 of 4)

Big Beard

Big BeardSydney

Horrible Experience

Had a horrible experience with the Harvey Normal in Broadway. Bought a washing machine online from there but were informed could not be picked up there and would have to be transferred to another location. Ok cool whatever. we needed it ASAP but we’re informed by staff member on the phone we could not pick it up at the weekend as nowhere will let you pick up white goods for health and safety reasons. Almost believed him too. Went to collect in warehouse and they had not been told about it even though we had been informed it was ready to pick up there. We ring call center who calls us back and says there not picking up. We put them on the phone from our mobile. Finally resolved but nah horrible experience from the site to the end.

Dario B.

Dario B.Perth

Poor customer experience from store to post-sales. They've lost the personal touch.

There are many cheaper online options for appliances today, but I am happy to pay a bit more in exchange for good, personalised customer service. I didn't find that at Harvey Norman.

I bought a washing machine on a Saturday morning and it was delivered the next Sunday and from the service in the shop, the delivery and the post-sales it has been a pretty bad experience.

Pensioners beware!

Appliance Retailers

Find out how Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances compares to other Appliance Retailers

Waiting for delivery over one month

I purchased a dryer on 23 June 2018 and was advised delivery (at $60 + $20 removal of old appliance) would take up to 2 weeks. On 24 July 2018 no dryer and no contact. Rang to find out what was happening and was disconnected after being on hold for 20 minutes. Drove to store and advised it was sitting in a warehouse.

Heidi M

Heidi MSydney

Not great customer service

Not great customer service - have been a few times and always had a long wait. Would go elsewhere if it weren't for prices.

Dave

DaveCleveland

Product care over sell on a computer for school was Bullswool.

The salesperson overstated cover. When a was a problem on checking if product would covered a breakage. The product care was no different to another product care that Harvey Norman sells. The salesperson made claim that it was a cover for school computer as they are often damaged more so than average. This was total bull.

Ash

AshSydney

Terrible delivery

Hi, got a new fridge and was told it would be delivered at 8am on Tuesday and it didn't arrive until 7pm. I paid extra for this and am very disappointed.

Customer service

Ignorant and lying staff

Harvey Norman Supacenter Moore Park. Despite an ad on the appliance and writing on price tag sales person confidently lied about appliance features. Moreover she even said she has “one of those” and to the question “then how come you know nothing about it?” she said that she has a different product. So...Do your own research.... I was looking to buy humidifier.

BillNewcastle

Bissel Carpet Shampooer

I purchased a Bissel Carpet Shampooer in 2013 from Harvey Norman and have only used it 5 times. The brushes no longer rotate and lift the dirt off the carpet I rang Harvey Norman and the person I spoke to said, "It's 5 years old time to buy a new one." I phoned Bissel and they told me the only service agents were in Sydney, Wollongong and Port Macquarie. I live in Newcastle over 2 hours away from each one. You might like to consider availability of after sales service when making your purchase decision.

Hi Bill,
Lynda - HN Customer Service

Purchased from Rutherford Crap sales advice was from Bennetts Green store

CarolMelbourne

Still waiting for Air-Conditioner Installer

Went to Thomastown Store and dealt with [name removed] who was very good and informative. Bought an Air-Conditioner (as well as Washing Machine and Dryer) and booked in an installation visit with their recommended company 'Octopuss'. Called them to confirm the day, which they did, but no-one showed. Took the day off work especially ! and 3 weeks later I am still waiting to hear back. Still no show or contact. Have given up.

Harvey N.Harvey Norman

Hi Carol, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please share with us more details on the link provided here http://www.harveynorman.com.au/contact-us/ so we can follow up with the store proprietor.
Lynda - HN Customer Service

Nehnehneh

Nehnehneh

not impressed with service

bought a toshiba telly from them. had problems with telly. called toshiba but was told to contact harvey norman directly as it is a parallel imported model that's not supported locally.

called Harvey norman up and they said bring it down. brought down telly after work and they said the 'expert' has gone home and there's no one there that could help me. I have to take the telly home and come back two days later.

finally after speaking to the manager he agreed to replace the telly on the spot.

Hi There,
Brendon - HN Customer Service

Mountain ShadowSydney

If it's not on the store shelf - move on

Hi There,
Brendon - HN Customer Service

MickSouthwest, VIC

Trying to sell me something I couldn't afford.

Came in today looking to buy washing machine, was looking at washing machine around $700 spoke to a employee about a certain washer we were looking at, basically says there no good will only last 2-3 years and kept saying there made in south east Asia and there no good bad standards nothing from there will
Last etc (my partner is Asian and we both found this abit affensive) then takes us over to washing machines that are $1400 plus and telling us there German made much better bla bla! We found this embarrassing and frustrating 1. We can barely afford $700 washing machine let alone a $1400 one 2. We found it about offensive talking down about south east Asia (partner being Asian)

Mick

Why would I bother wasting more of my time with such a terrible business and customer service, no thanks!

Annie K

Annie KBlue Mountains

Product Review

Maria

Maria

Training is a must in retail

The staff at Harvey Norman need to be friendlier and more professional and helpful. I often find them rather dismissive and just doing their job without appearing to enjoy it! Hey guys and gals, if you want to work in retail remember customer service

Harvey N.Harvey Norman

Thank you, for sharing your experience, Maria. We appreciate your feedback. Regards, - Rami HN Customer Service

Product Care

JaniceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Online sales are terrible.

HN provides a great service - online chat (to clarify that the appliance is what you need) and interest-free repayments. However their customer service, communication, online sales and delivery are terrible. I exchanged numerous emails and was told I would get an answer in 24 hours, it never happened. Just as my delivery never happened - I ended up cancelling the order after 2 wks. I just had to wait for the transaction to be reversed - another 2 weeks but that eventually occurred. My advice. Don't shop online with HN, there are plenty of other options - let's hope that when Amazon comes to Australia they will really sort stores like this out. In the meantime I will probably physically go into a store - probably The good guys.

Janice

Thanks for the info, fortunately my relationship with HN is now over: you are more interested in keeping your warehousing costs down than in keeping your customers happy. In the future I will shop elsewhere.

Innk

InnkMelbourne

Snobby & disrespectful sales assistant

joanne

joanneBrisbane

Bad communication & Service

I ordered a juicer on line when I called to find out availability I was told ready to pick up no email then received bad customer service I thought Harvey Norman would at least have good customer Service Not Happy I will take my business elsewhere Shame Mr Norman