Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances

Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances (page 4 of 5)

Listing monitored by Harvey Norman

Veritas
VeritasPort Macquarie

Harvey Norman Port Macquarie - No ongoing customer service.

Having spent $3,000 on a range of household whitegoods with Harvey Norman at Port Macquarie we were taken back when only 2 days later we ventured in to make further purchases and the very same chap served us as if we were complete strangers. There was no recognition, no banter, no inquiry as to whether we were happy with the goods, etc.

We were not expecting anything extraordinary but some small chat would have made the world of the difference.

Needless to say we now buy everything from another retailer.

LG dishwasher

Bought an LG dishwasher (top of the range) and talked into extended warranty (in total 6 years on washer and has 10 years on motor) it is now 4 and a 1/2 years old and is now leaking steam out of the door, when I made an enquiry sales staff said yes that would be covered, but when I rang to make claim i was informed that seals are not covered, (even though in the booklet and sales staff say parts covered under normal wear and tear). The machine only gets used maybe twice a week. Not impressed, the warranty is not worth the paper it is written on and staff are not kept informed of what is covered. not real good customer service (don't waste your money).

G. S
G. S

I suspect the Goods in SALES can be refurbished or 2nds

Many items of our special buys were not quite right within 1-3 months! Often becoming seriously worse just past return or warranty periods. Beware of any (esp major) sales events, tent sales etc. don't buy expensive big ticket items! For example, a known brand sandwich maker revealed multiple scratches after about 3-4 were made.. A name brand toaster would brown only one side properly and hardly the other of Both slices, $10 double Wii remotes and charger sets - one of the two would not charge within a very short time the other inferior option available. So we seemed to have a bad run where 1/2 value gotten out of 1/2 price goods from the tent and esp large Venue Major Event Sales. I'd say only go for novel Xmas stocking fillers.

Appliance Retailers

Find out how Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances compares to other Appliance Retailers

LordNiksidor
LordNiksidorNewcastle

The price was Fair, the service mediocre

Babydraggonz
BabydraggonzMelbourne

Taylor's lakes store

Ranju
RanjuGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

good product. happy with it as using it for 2 years

Westinghouse Fridge is so good. Easy to clean and very spacious. The energy consumption is not too high. The price was reasonable and the staff gave us the best option.

Product care

Make sure you find out what the minimum price they will repair your appliance under product care the item I bought was 370 dollars said they don't repair anything under $400 and wouldn't replace a $40 part wanted me to pay another $300 replacement for their base model plus wouldn't honor 2 years still on my extended warranty, nothing but getting more money out of you a rort never again.

ptrivedi
ptrivediMelbourne

Don't know how to use it

Just moved in new and don't know how to use the dishwasher installed already, it starts and stops immediately.
So if anyone can help me in this

mumoftwinsplus1AU

Service is terrible

This Harvey Norman store has the worst customer service ever! We recently purchased an electrical appliance off them, the original transaction was fine but when they delivered the product it was floor stock and they lied saying it was brand new, but we knew better knowing that brand new doesn't come in bubble wrap! My husband visited the store to find out the display model was missing. Thankfully they were able to redeem themselves by upgrading us to a higher model for the same price. However I will probably never shop their again nor recommend them for that silly experience.

Was Harvey Norman mcgraths hill nsw

Appliance Retailers

Good waahing machine but poor customer service!

I went to Harvey Norman at Orange Grove Liverpool, to look for a washing machine to purchase. The person who served us was named Rob, who supposedly was meant to be the manager at the time. After asking for his advice on the prices, he gave us a ton of bad attitude. For a person who is a manager, his role is to serve customers, be reliable and help people with positive attitude at all times. After all we were buying from his store. Never again do i want to walk back into Harvey Norman or purchase from them if we're not welcomed.

Gregor Eupene
Gregor Eupene

Reasonable

My month old Fisher and Paykel fridge stopped working properly and after a little messing around they replaced next day.

Mark H
Mark HMelbourne

Yet another example of poor after sales service from HN online.

Harvey N.Harvey Norman

Hi Mark, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. Please confirm the reference number of your submitted query and I'll get this sorted for you if the team haven't yet been able to process your request yet.

Best,
Chris - HN Customer Service

Shane . TGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No communication or action

Rural dweller
Rural dwellerOmbersley

Click and collect not very efficient.

Ordered a vacuum via click and collect thinking that it might be ready for pick up on one of my trips into town. 5 days later, had not heard and had been in, straight past store the previous day. Sent email asking questions and within an hour got the ready to collect email. Made a special 120km return trip into town again. Went to store, up to counter, waited as that is what email directed. Sent to vacuum department, young man did not know what to do. Waited until sales person was available, then told to go out of store, around the back to collect. It would have been quicker to just go into store and buy one rather than click and collect. Otherwise, put specific 'collect from rear of store' instructions on email to save time.

Harvey N.Harvey Norman

Hello, thanks for detailing your experience, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. This is definitely something we'll pass on to the business. Thanks for your feedback.

Best,
Chris - HN Customer Service

JamieBrisbane

Poor Customer Service !!!!!

No link????

Harvey Wilson
Harvey WilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Over-inflated in store prices

Vanessa
VanessaDarling Downs, QLD

More information from sales person would have been nice.

Recently purchased a washing machine from Harvey Norman, delivery was expensive, however they matched the item price and delivery price of another company in town. Machine was delivered the next day. However it was only when we were installing it that we realised the machine had no hot water inlet. It would have been nice if the salesperson had of informed me of that. As this is only the second washing machine I have purchased, it wasn't something I had even considered.

boots
bootsSouthwest, VIC

Extended warranty

What a total sham extended warranty is. Bought a new fridge from HN and they offered us new for old replacement for the first 2 years for a fee of $400. What an about rip off. It's under manufacturers warranty for the first 2 years so basically HN will take your money knowing most fridges don't break within 2 years. It's not even an extension of manufacturers warranty. It runs at the same time. All consumers have rights covered by law. Fancy making people think they have to pay for a warranty. Disgusted.

miriz
miriz

People make mistakes

Vtom
Vtom

Warranty

Warranty with product care its almost a month now for a air con and a minor damage to the vent. It went to repairer who failed to pick and I called up product care who asked me to call them or go there, did both phone no one answered and office locked up and now waiting for another repairer.
Don't have to wait long on phone for product care.
No result yet. No after sales from harvey norman given to a different company, HN has no enthusiasm in solving such queries only take the cash for warranty.

Boldbear04
Boldbear04AU

I usually read reviews but I thought lets give Harvey Norman Penrith a chance

Sheree
ShereeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dodgy warranty issues - again!

karen19AU

Extended warranty scam

Pestoking
PestokingAU

Frequent customer treated to very average customer service

Sharon
Sharonsydney

Buyer beware when purchasing from HN

Purchased a new SMEG package from HN Penrith, with the verbal assurance it was not a discontinued product rather the latest and most up todate. However less than 8 weeks later the same product is now offered for $500 - $600 LESS with added bonuses!!. They do not do that on new products only DISCONTINUED stock they want to move before the new versions come onto the market. VERY dissappointed, leaves a bad feeling that a product can lose value by so much is such a small time. So moral of story, go to HN get a pricing but shop somewhere else. I should have bought from Factory 2ND but went with HN...How wrong I was!
product is lovely