Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (26) · No

yellowbeans

yellowbeansGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cannot return faulty item

Purchased a LIFEPROOF phone case. The rubber edge was coming off. I brought it back to the store for an exchange/refund. The store deemed it as wear and tear. The rubber band on the edge serves as functional, not decorative. Staff told me that they can process a warranty claim but unsure of results from LIFEPROOF - they may refund, they may dismiss. Also told me that the claims of higher value are more of a priority than a $60 phone case, and that it can take time, so I am better off contacting them myself. Another store was willing to refund. The franchise's do things under their discretion and there is no consistency in their policies.

Store LocationMelbourne, QV.
Matt

MattPerth

Terrible customer service experience - very stressful

• +6
Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product PurchasedSamsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1"
Lily P

Lily P

So much better off without this chain

The customer service was... mediocre, nothing to complain about too much. But the products. Good lord. I've bought about 5 laptops from them and each one lasted max 1 year, and all of those I had to return for horrible quality. Strongly recommend against buying any electronic gadgets here, it's not worth your time or money. Would give 0 stars if I could.

Store LocationMelbourne CBD

Melanie

MelanieGippsland, VIC

Horrible service bad product

We purchased a top of the line vacuum from Harvey Norman 7 mths ago . It’s broken three times been away to be repaired more than it’s been here . This time away 5 weeks ! We call they can’t tell us a thing about it . Last time it broke they super glued it and made us wait 2 weeks to get it ! The worst customer service ever I highly recommend never shopping there we can’t get our money back it’s going to ACCC now all we wanted was a refund to buy a vacuum that actually works !!!

Store LocationHarvey Norman sale Victoria
Product PurchasedLg vacuum
Neil V.

Neil V.Victoria

Dont buy product care

Sent off computer to be repaired under product care. 6 weeks now and told will be 4-6 more. After regular follow ups item has been forgotten, approvals not passed on and parts not available. With Harvey Norman selling this product i would expect a genuine repair procedure but they have had it 6 weeks now and still cant repair it. I bought a brand name computer form Harvey Norman and expected them to back it up. Product care don't care , Harvey norman dont care and seem to think that its all ok to wait this long. They dont know how to fix it so keep pushing this around to different people. Anyway off to consumer affairs now to report them.

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

Laptop

3rd laptop HP having issues within 4 months service ok, Midland store Management just not interested, just walked away, with embarrassment. I was calm walking in about 10 minutes the crap came good and thick, we are this and we are that, this laptop this.. etc you get the Message...

Store LocationMidland
Product PurchasedHP 15-BW521AU
Mia S.

Mia S.

I don't buy any in Harvey Norman store

I bought a WiFi router when we install with the helped of our internet provider for 4 hours and is not get to worked. I really not happy for the product recommented by the sale person.
When I returned the sale person said they want to check first. We keep contacted the store it take a week's before have the answered.After that waited for so long that they find out the router is not working. We in up to spend more money for another brand. Because I can't get my money back, that I can buy to another store that we want.

Store LocationBairnsdale store
Product PurchasedD-Link AC1200 DSL-2880AL
rejo g.

rejo g.

Excelent

I always but at Harvey and their extra cover looks after u well. all these years they have been good at service. I recently bought a fridge their service have to

Store LocationHorsham

Liars

Store LocationOsborne Park

OnlineShopper11

OnlineShopper11Toowoomba, Queensland

Product Care Warranty - Don't fall for it!

Store LocationToowoomba
Beck Y.

Beck Y.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Loyal to Harvey

I always do my product and price research online before entering the store. I have purchased thousands if dollars of stock through Harvey Norman in Preston. I am always happy with the speed of service, stock availability and discounts they provide. Warranty claims have also been really easy too.

Store LocationPreston
Product PurchasedSamsung tablet
Chatha

ChathaPerth, WA

Their product care warranty is a kind of a scam

Socks

SocksPerth, WA

Customer Service Poor, no ambition to be the best.

Store LocationMalaga
Product PurchasedLenovo Yoga 530
Santosh

SantoshAdelaide

Never go for it. Submitted a claim more than a month ago but still haven't heard anything.

When I purchased a product, I was said to get instant replacement. Submitted the claim on Harvey Norman store Marion more than a month ago but haven't heard anything back. Store doesn't take any responsibilities about the process. Be aware of their sales techniques, doesn't really worth paying extra for product care scam.

Product PurchasedSamsung Gear S3 Frontier
Liz

LizSydney, NSW

Bad advice and a battle to get guaranteed refund

The tech salesperson at Harvey Norman recommended a particular computer virus software with a 30 day money back guarantee. The instructions I was given to install the software didn’t work, I was on the phone to India for a long time trying to get help (they wanted to charge me extra) and when I asked for my money back at Harvey Norman they refused! Should have gone to Good Guys!

Store LocationSupa Centre

Belle G

Belle GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Service Centre support

Returning a product under warranty was easier than expected and communication was continual throughout the process of a warranty fix. Despite a long turn around period, the staff were helpful

Store LocationIpswich
Product PurchasedMicrosoft Surface Laptop 2 128GB/Intel Core i5 - 8GB
Lisa P

Lisa PHobart, TAS

2 Major failures $3000 dollars down the drain and Harvey Norman does not care

Bought 2 Lenovo laptops $3000 approx 15 mths later they are both bricks and Harvey Norman says too bad. Not our problem. $3000 bricks I think constitute major failures. Heading to JB Hi Fi - they actually care!

Store LocationMoohna Tasmania
Jay

JayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

HP Laptop warranty issue

We bought a HP 360 Laptop from Harvey Norman, Knox, Melbourne with an extended two years warranty. After four months we had some issues with this brand new laptop. When we took it to the Harvey Norman store, they refused to fix it free of cost and asked me to pay them $260. Even Manager was so rude and clearly told me that he is not sitting there to fix computers free of cost. I could not explain me about my warranty and rather kept telling me that he can not fix it without money and it will be my choice whether I want to go there or next. I found this whole HarveyNorman's warranty business as a scam and a scandal to rip off people's hard work and hard earned money. Very upsetting and disappointing Harvey Norman.

Store LocationHarvey Norman Knox City, Melbourne
Product PurchasedHP Pavilion 14
ajm014

ajm014South East Queensland, QLD

Harvey Norman Rothwell moderate unflattering reviews that contain facts. They practice consumer unawareness.

Store LocationRothwell Harvey Norman