Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics (page 2 of 5)

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (71)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (5) · No (58)

Barbara
Barbara Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nominate price guarantee for CHOICE Shonky awards

Franchise would not price match claiming that under the T&Cs it was at his discretion. When we asked to see the T&C he admitted it was not in writing but at his discretion and was verbal. So if he doesn’t like the colour of your shoes or skin - bad luck.
Had to purchase elsewhere

Store LocationMaribyrnong
Product PurchasedInfinity Primus II PS-8
Farai
FaraiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible delivery service.

The service in Store is not too bad. Mark was good to us. The delivery guys that just came to my house right now to deliver my dryer are not good people.

Store LocationHarvey Norman Oxley
Product PurchasedDryer
Belinda
BelindaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer Service terrible

I looked online last night and saw some Beats headphones on sale for $268. I went to the Carindale store at 9am the following morning and they were no longer on sale, selling for $298.
The salesman would not honour the sale price so I walked out.
I am more than happy to give my money to JB HiFi now, the same price as HN's non-sale price.
In the current retail climate I was shocked at how easy they let me walk out the door.
Absolutely terrible customer service.

Store LocationCarindale, QLD

jimm
jimmMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Salesman refused to price match

Store LocationMunnopara
Samantha
Samantha South East Queensland, QLD

Install not done as agreed

Store LocationBundall Harvey Norman Queensland

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs
madee
madeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service for faulty goods.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationMt Gravatt
Product PurchasedKarcher FC5
Weed
WeedThornlands

Will not harvey norman

Took in a working computer to have the data transferred to a new computer purchase at Harvey Norman, went to pick it up ant they told me that the data was missing on the old computer therefore couldn’t be loaded onto the new computer. Told me it was my fault because I didn’t do a backup yet when I took the old. Mind you, when I took the old computer to them, it was working and all the data was there. Found the technician to be extremely arrogant! For this service I was charged $298.00

Store LocationCapalaba
Paul N.
Paul N.Sydney, NSW

Poor business model

Went in to buy a subwoofer today but they don’t carry stock!! I have to order it!!! Oldest saying in sales is you can’t sell it if you don’t got it. Gerry is a very poor businessman!

Store LocationAuburn
kstanimal63
kstanimal63South East Queensland, QLD

Go somewhere else

I genuinely don't understand how Harvey Norman is still around. Their prices are much higher than elsewhere and the staff are only interested in harassing you to make a sale. I went in to buy a drone as they were the only place with stock before Christmas and you couldn't even just get one and go to the counter, had to see to a salesperson so they could retrieve one from out back. As he comes back out, he asks if we want to buy the new iPhone and won't stop pressuring us the entire time. No one is impulse buying an iPhone, read the room.

Store LocationBundall
Product PurchasedParrot AR Drone 2.0 Elite Edition

-0 Star for Harvey Norman Yayyy

Shah
ShahSydney, NSW

Got rip off by store

I have buy a Rinnai panel heater from Harvey Norman in wileypark,Sydney.The heater is not warming up and Not spreading the warm.When I take it to the store they refuse to exchange it and try to prove it working perfect.I didn’t know it run as a franchise and different ownership for different section.Totally shocked about their service.

Store LocationWiley park,NSW
Product PurchasedHeater

Customer service

Zero customer service was not happy at all waited very long to see some will notice me then i have to approach one staff which was of no use. I asked to price match product with JB HiFi didn't wanted to help at all. And apparently she was a store manager. Looks like dosent know how to deal with customers at all

Store LocationAuburn
Nawid J.
Nawid J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible

They saying 60 months interest free, but it’s not, every month they charge you lots of interest, they get you Go master card and charging lots of interest absolutely not happy

Store LocationNunawading white horse road Melbourne
Product PurchasedAiwa AMT-55US (55")
Lily P
Lily P

So much better off without this chain

The customer service was... mediocre, nothing to complain about too much. But the products. Good lord. I've bought about 5 laptops from them and each one lasted max 1 year, and all of those I had to return for horrible quality. Strongly recommend against buying any electronic gadgets here, it's not worth your time or money. Would give 0 stars if I could.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationMelbourne CBD
Emma
EmmaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Understaffed and appalling price gouging

I bought a fitbit from Harvey Norman and it took nearly an hour. There weren't sufficient staff working - to answer my question, and then remove the product from a locked cabinet. The staff were flat out. This is during the COVID lockdown, and I'd have thought Gerry Harvey could provide a few more jobs for people who really need them.

When I paid for my fitbit at the Cashier, there was a 'sale' bin with 50ml (let me tell you that's very small) hand sanitizers for sale for.... $8!!! Talk about taking advantage of a bad situation! The shop assistant said not many people were buying them. I hope not.

I will definitely shop elsewhere for electrical and other products now.

Store LocationFortitude Valley QLD