Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics (page 2 of 4)

Listing monitored by Harvey Norman

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (85)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (7) · No (69)

Belinda
BelindaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer Service terrible

I looked online last night and saw some Beats headphones on sale for $268. I went to the Carindale store at 9am the following morning and they were no longer on sale, selling for $298.
The salesman would not honour the sale price so I walked out.
I am more than happy to give my money to JB HiFi now, the same price as HN's non-sale price.
In the current retail climate I was shocked at how easy they let me walk out the door.
Absolutely terrible customer service.

Store LocationCarindale, QLD
jimm
jimmMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Salesman refused to price match

Store LocationMunnopara
Samantha
Samantha South East Queensland, QLD

Install not done as agreed

Store LocationBundall Harvey Norman Queensland
madee
madeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service for faulty goods.

Store LocationMt Gravatt
Product PurchasedKarcher FC5

Weed
WeedThornlands

Will not harvey norman

Took in a working computer to have the data transferred to a new computer purchase at Harvey Norman, went to pick it up ant they told me that the data was missing on the old computer therefore couldn’t be loaded onto the new computer. Told me it was my fault because I didn’t do a backup yet when I took the old. Mind you, when I took the old computer to them, it was working and all the data was there. Found the technician to be extremely arrogant! For this service I was charged $298.00

Store LocationCapalaba
Paul N.
Paul N.Sydney, NSW

Poor business model

Went in to buy a subwoofer today but they don’t carry stock!! I have to order it!!! Oldest saying in sales is you can’t sell it if you don’t got it. Gerry is a very poor businessman!

Store LocationAuburn
kstanimal63
kstanimal63South East Queensland, QLD

Go somewhere else

I genuinely don't understand how Harvey Norman is still around. Their prices are much higher than elsewhere and the staff are only interested in harassing you to make a sale. I went in to buy a drone as they were the only place with stock before Christmas and you couldn't even just get one and go to the counter, had to see to a salesperson so they could retrieve one from out back. As he comes back out, he asks if we want to buy the new iPhone and won't stop pressuring us the entire time. No one is impulse buying an iPhone, read the room.

Store LocationBundall
Product PurchasedParrot AR Drone 2.0 Elite Edition

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs
Enz L.
Enz L.

-0 Star for Harvey Norman Yayyy

Kurt
KurtSydney Surrounds, NSW

Long wait

Waited around 15 minutes to be served by someone. Eventually I was assisted and the assistance was fantastic from that point onwards. Friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely go back for any electronic needs.

Store LocationFyshwick
Product PurchasedASUS ZenBook 15 UX534FTC

Shah
ShahSydney, NSW

Got rip off by store

I have buy a Rinnai panel heater from Harvey Norman in wileypark,Sydney.The heater is not warming up and Not spreading the warm.When I take it to the store they refuse to exchange it and try to prove it working perfect.I didn’t know it run as a franchise and different ownership for different section.Totally shocked about their service.

Store LocationWiley park,NSW
Product PurchasedHeater

Customer service

Zero customer service was not happy at all waited very long to see some will notice me then i have to approach one staff which was of no use. I asked to price match product with JB HiFi didn't wanted to help at all. And apparently she was a store manager. Looks like dosent know how to deal with customers at all

Store LocationAuburn
Nawid J.
Nawid J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible

They saying 60 months interest free, but it’s not, every month they charge you lots of interest, they get you Go master card and charging lots of interest absolutely not happy

Store LocationNunawading white horse road Melbourne
Product PurchasedAiwa AMT-55US (55")

Lily P
Lily P

So much better off without this chain

The customer service was... mediocre, nothing to complain about too much. But the products. Good lord. I've bought about 5 laptops from them and each one lasted max 1 year, and all of those I had to return for horrible quality. Strongly recommend against buying any electronic gadgets here, it's not worth your time or money. Would give 0 stars if I could.

Store LocationMelbourne CBD
Emma
EmmaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Understaffed and appalling price gouging

I bought a fitbit from Harvey Norman and it took nearly an hour. There weren't sufficient staff working - to answer my question, and then remove the product from a locked cabinet. The staff were flat out. This is during the COVID lockdown, and I'd have thought Gerry Harvey could provide a few more jobs for people who really need them.

When I paid for my fitbit at the Cashier, there was a 'sale' bin with 50ml (let me tell you that's very small) hand sanitizers for sale for.... $8!!! Talk about taking advantage of a bad situation! The shop assistant said not many people were buying them. I hope not.

I will definitely shop elsewhere for electrical and other products now.

Store LocationFortitude Valley QLD
trompfy
trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgusting

The staff are rude and abusive to their customers and their staff so I would recommend going to JB Hi-Fi because they always treat their customers and their staff with respect.

Vishi
VishiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very poor customer care

I bought labtop for my daughter and she uses Microsoft teams. The camera doesn't work for the program. Very unhelpful customer service representative told me use Skype for the program!

Store LocationGepps Cross SA
Skyehelmsman
Skyehelmsman

watch out for installation costs!!!

we bought a Bosch cooktop at Harvey Norman in Bell Street Preston recently.
Happy with price ,around $1000, and service, expecting installation costs of $3-500

BUT, the installation costs by the gas fitter sent by HN were astronomical: $1910!!!

So beware.
I suggest get written quote from installer before proceeding

Store LocationHarvey Norman Preston

Product PurchasedKeyboard and mouse
Paige C.
Paige C.

Knowledgeable and friendly staff

Staff at the store was approachable ,e and friendly, answered any questions or concerns that I had in relation to recent laptop purchase. Downside was the amount of upwelling that went on until I could take my item to the register. Other than that was great service and great products

Paul
PaulPerth, WA

Laptop

3rd laptop HP having issues within 4 months service ok, Midland store Management just not interested, just walked away, with embarrassment. I was calm walking in about 10 minutes the crap came good and thick, we are this and we are that, this laptop this.. etc you get the Message...

Store LocationMidland
Product PurchasedHP 15-BW521AU
Harold Bish
Harold BishNicholls 2913, ACT

all round good but expensive

i love coming here its a great shop, the staff are always good and the range is great but the prices are what kills me. i get confused when prices are 20% others.

Store LocationFyshwick

Store LocationHarvey Norman Townsville
Jude Pachamuthu
Jude PachamuthuForde 2914, ACT

Disappointed at Flexirent product sold by Harvey Norman

I was told it will be better in the end to go with Flexirent when I bought my laptop. I would have paid fully at purchase time but sales convinced me that it would be better to go with Flexirent and that I could salary sacrifice it and I would end up paying less in the end.

Well it turns up that I would be paying more.

Also that I could stop the lease after 2 years and need not pay huge amount to own the laptop.

Very disappointed. After all we have bought numerous products from Harvey Norman over the years.

Store LocationCanberra
Product PurchasedHP Spectre X360
jeff85
jeff85Hunter Region, NSW

I’ll never shop here again!

Went into Harvey Norman to buy a Dyson stick vac, the ticketed price was $597 including 2 years product care replacement ( this is an additional warranty that replaces old for new after the manufacturers warranty expires, it costs $119, check it out for yourself on their website).

Seeing that there are 4 retailers in the complex selling the same product I asked for a better price. We agreed on $575. Now when I get home I see on my receipt “EXCLUDEPRODCARE”. This was not part of the agreement. Why would I give up something worth $119 for $22? Complete unethical bait and switch. Our family had to go without other things so we could afford this product and I’ll never step foot in this snake pit again.

Store LocationHomemaker Center kotara