Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics (page 3 of 3)

Listing monitored by Harvey Norman

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (69)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes · No (69)

Abusive Castle Hill store manager

Dishonest and abusive store manager at Castle Hill. Went in today to have a product price matched as per their policy. The store manager MICHAEL refused by saying it was out of stock in the local EB; it wasn't. His own staff member then corrected him, yet he still refused. I wanted to note this down and kindly to speak to head office to clarify. He completely overreacted and took offence and threatened to trespass me and call the police. Not wanting to honour your policy is one thing, but to act like a manchild and bully a customer with rude and threatening behaviour shows someone who is simply not fit to be dealing with people, let alone managing them.

Grant Haywood
Grant Haywood

Promise one thing deliver another

They promise price matching. Except when you present them with the opposition price the response is 'we don't match online pricing like officeworks'

Then state that in your advertising you don't

Jasmine T.
Jasmine T.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Taken advantage of

Saw a laptop I wanted. The list price was $1290... The salesman said he will give me "a deal" and give it to me at the price of $1,080. I accepted. Went home and noticed the price on their website was $980.. Almost $300 cheaper.. Not only that, they listed on the website a "Radeon Vega 6" yet it has a "Radeon Vega 3" graphics card.
Plus! I was charged $99 for an in-store labour fee - no labour was done!!
Very unhappy. After many years of spending thousands there, I will never go back.

JewdenM
JewdenM

No wonder retail stores are dying out

I waited 30 minutes with no service. It wasn’t busy. Not under staffed. Staff walking around and not wanting to move from their designated sections. Can’t sell in other departments. The structure of staff on the floor is outdated and does not work in current climate. Purchases would had totaled more than $1000 by myself but I chose to walk out after one staff member helped a man who had waited half the time I did. It gives me great pleasure knowing these stores, the incompetent staff and poor structure will soon be a thing of the past :)

Jim Milne
Jim MilneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer Service hahahahaha

Went to purchase a new laptop...what a joke ...we were the only customers in the store and we were totally ignored by the two staff members that I think worked there...well maybe not.

Srini
SriniSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic customer service

Fiona M Smith
Fiona M SmithGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Product Care is a waste of money

We purchased two iPad Pros and were told by the sales assistant that the Harvey Norman Product Care would cover for accidental damage.... well it doesn’t and now we have a smashed iPad that will cost over $700 to replaced!!!!! We were lied to and mislead into purchasing a product warranty that is useless..... If we knew that, we could have walked 100metre down the road and brought the iPads with Apple Care and we wouldn’t be having this problem....

Harvey Norman Nunawading have lied to us after initial agreeing that the staff member was incorrect with her sales pitch. They have refused to refund us the $427 we have paid in Product Care that apparently isn’t active till after the 12 month manufacturers warranty...

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs
mophead
mopheadVictoria

Order HP Printer

Ordered and paid for HP printer before end of June. Item was out of stock in local store, but on order. Delivery was supposed to be within a few days. Still waiting- need urgently for small business.

Jean B.
Jean B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Your South Rd Vic Store Sucks

Bought a laptop, went to return it a few days later and was instantly confronted by a sign that said something along the lines of "aggressive or loud behaviour towards our staff will not be tolerated" which makes me think that I am not the only one that has had trouble in this store, I have never seen a sign like that before lol.

Anyway, customer service was shocking, no one in that place was helpful at all its actually a wonder you are still in business. I tell everyone I know to stay far away from harvey norman. Better prices and service elswhere.

Michael Matthews
Michael MatthewsHunter Region, NSW

A member of staff shouted at me for interrupting him. Told me to leave him alone, so I left the shop.

Went into the store and spke to a slaes assistant, before I had a chance to finish the question he shouted and told me he was buzy and to leave him alone. I waited for someone else to serve me and after 30 minutes of waiting being ignored, decided to leave without my purchase.

Will
WillSydney, NSW

Instead of click and collect, Harvey Norman at Broadway should be called Click and WAIT and WAIT

Instead of click and collect, Harvey Norman at Broadway NSW should be called Click and WAIT & WAIT. Management should invest in a bell for the Click and Collect counter, so that staff do not hide in the storeroom. Management should also invest in a new computer that works and can print out receipts quickly! The waiting and poor service on Saturday 29 June 19 around 9.30am was terrible! I could have made the purchase over the counter quicker than using the Click and Collect service. Really pathetic

MTJ
MTJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Tech salesmen misleading customers for their benefits

FLIP
FLIPDarwin, NT

Sold me a product they didn't have in stock.

Purchased a product on the (10/4/19) for a kids birthday its currently the 7/5/19 I've had no one from Harvey Norman contact me to let me know what's happening I mean why would they have my money already and everyone knows when they deal with Harveys once they have your money they don't care about you its the Harvey way. There second store Joyce Mayne is no better.

EDIT: They don't know where the tracking number is, they don't know where anything is.
Customer gets left in the dark!

You will not have a pleasant experience dealing with HARVEY NORMAN. JBHIFI is across the road and there products/ Service makes Harvey noman look like something out of a 3rd world country.

Tim O
Tim O

Castle Hill store - 1 hr Click & Collect for an instock item? Try 6 hours+

Ed
Ed

Rip off

Phoned store-Harvey Norman Thomastown Vic,to see if they had the camera I wanted in stock.They did.I asked about price and was told-come in and we can work out a good deal.The advertisements on tv were raving about -huge clearance,prices slashed,blah blah.I drove the 75km to the store.Not one cent would they take off the price,totally refused.Gave me some bull about being already at cost price.Yeah right.I could have bought this online $40 cheaper,but they won't match online prices.I needed this camera for an event,and had already wasted time and fuel,so was forced to take it at that.But never again.Harvey Norman,you are LIARS.

Sjt85
Sjt85Victoria

So pushy to sell extended warranty even after telling them no 3 times.

Had to deal with a salesperson that had no clue about computers, who was extremely pushy in selling a more expensive laptop and also adding an extended warranty. Think we said no thanks about 3 or 4 times before get annoyed with the salesperson.

Iwantservice

Harvey Norman Auburn - Unconscionable conduct

isidore12
isidore12AU

Neither good or bad

I have been only few times Harvey Norman shops. Like most of physical retailers, they struggle to be competitive. If the price is correct, I see no issue buying from them. But most of time I bought online somewhere else.