Listing monitored by Harvey Norman

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (97)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (7) · No (81)

Ben D.
Ben D.Sydney, NSW

Another bad Harvey Norman review.

Store LocationBelrose
Product PurchasedAcer Nitro 5
Argee
ArgeeAU

Don't ask for customer service unless you want to be ripped off

I purchased a phone from HN during lockdown which was fine. I asked if they could transfer the info from old to new phone as I didn't know how complicated it was. They wanted to charge a ridiculous amount for what turned out to be the simplest task. HN asked for a review, but twice refused to post it because apparently I discredited their customer service, claiming: We value your contribution but unfortunately it did not meet all our review guidelines. Seems they only want good reviews.

Store LocationWest Gosford

Rude and disrespectful

Bose salesman Gabriel is extremely rude and disrespectful. He won’t even talk unless you commit to purchase on that moment

Store LocationJoondalup, WA
Kim C.
Kim C.South East Queensland, QLD

Swindlers & Snake oil

Store LocationEverton Park, Qld

Sarah
SarahPerth, WA

Role Playing & blame game

I received a very expensive gift for Christmas present. Stopped working after 6 months. Store said they couldn’t give me a refund or exchange it as I had to go through the manufacturer. The manufacturer said it was up to the store. Felt like the manager and store assistant role played how they were not to blame & nothing they could do. All rehearsed & so fake. I would never purchase anything from Harvey Norman Joondalup again. I have never posted a review before but I am furious about the way I have been fobbed off. As a point of comparison my son had n issue with his laptop and JB-Hifi were brilliant. They will be my go to for electrical items from now on.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationJoondalup

How to experience buying something without getting any help to choose the right one

I walked into Harvey Norman expecting a salesperson to come over and enquire to my visit but to my surprise first salesperson finished with client I tried to engage his services but he had to answer his mobile second person finished and after I asked her for help she told me she would find someone to help me as she was going to lunch so with such great service I decided to leave the shop

Store LocationKotara
Concerned
ConcernedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Privacy concerns - Stay Away

I purchased an apple pen for an ipad online for in store pick. Emails advised only ID and copy of receipt were required at pick up. At time of pick up the staff member advised they needed to take a photo of my car registration plate on their personal phone in order to take the goods home.
The store has been less than helpful with my privacy concerns and the staff member involved.
I will never return to Harvey Norman again.

Store LocationHighpoint - Maribyrnong

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs
Trigger
TriggerHobart, TAS

Ripping off customers with the add-ons.

I bought a TV but of course I was told I just had to protect it with a surge protector and my partner agreed and next thing I said OK, I suppose - well at $129 for a power board, I am still kicking myself for not telling him to stick it - they're $25 at Bunnings. PLUS we got sucked in to getting it delivered - there's another $55 - when I checked other retailers (later) they deliver for FREE and the same TV was a few bucks cheaper. Thank God I told him I wasn't interested in the extended warranty as I know they are a con! He said the TV only had a 3 year warranty so I'd need extra - in fact the TV has a 5 year warranty. Won't be back.

Store LocationCambridge, Tasmania, Australia
Product PurchasedHisense 70S5 (70")

Not good

We do Harvey Norman take no responsibility in there products. you have to go to manufacturer. not even offered a refund or exchange LOL &LOL Still wanting on Lenovo to give me refund on repairs to product

Store LocationO'Conner

tgibson72Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

LIE, BUY & BOOTED

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationCHIRNSIDE PARK, MELBOURNE, VICTORIA

Terrible services.. they only say things but dont act.

Store LocationMarion, SA
Product PurchasedApple MacBook 2.0GHz / 2.4GHz

Marie
MarieBrisbane

Carefully weigh up the after-care plan offered

Salesperson attempted to sell me an aftercare plan for an additional 2 years for a laptop (on top of the standard one) for $350 and brought up a page showing that the expected life of the laptop battery is 2.5 years; what the salesperson didn't bring up from his online "research" findings was that the cost of the online battery is only around $90. Salespeople at HN are vey pushy on the aftercare plan and I am suspecting this is where their best margins are at. I'm also aware of retail margins and I do sincerely doubt the salesperson claim that the price I got for the laptop (77% of the retail price) was "below cost". I don't expect to get a product at below cost so why the need to lie?

Store LocationAspley
PruneJuice
PruneJuiceCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Price Match Policy isn't really a policy.

Their price match policy or lack of is a moving target depending on who you talk to. The vagaries of their online price matching changes, to the point where one Salesman said they never priced matched online even after me showing him the policy on my phone.

Store LocationWatergardens
Peter cs
Peter csSouth East Queensland, QLD

WIll never go back

I ordered 2 x apple air tags online for in store collection.
The email mentioned bring valid photo Id.
So i drive to the store present my email, show my drivers licence which i scanned to my phone.
No good, i might have doctored it was the rude reply.
I ask them to call my number, showed my passport on my phone, showed them myGov I’d. showed a credit card, asked them to check their store invoices for previous invoices, call my employer. All no good, i could have forged them all.

Just mindless staff on commission that love being rude to customers.

In the end i asked them to cancel the online order and bought them in store with the credit card they wouldn’t look at a minute beforehand.
Will never go back