Listing monitored by Harvey Norman

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (18)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes · No (18)

How to experience buying something without getting any help to choose the right one

I walked into Harvey Norman expecting a salesperson to come over and enquire to my visit but to my surprise first salesperson finished with client I tried to engage his services but he had to answer his mobile second person finished and after I asked her for help she told me she would find someone to help me as she was going to lunch so with such great service I decided to leave the shop

Store LocationKotara
Marie
MarieBrisbane

Carefully weigh up the after-care plan offered

Salesperson attempted to sell me an aftercare plan for an additional 2 years for a laptop (on top of the standard one) for $350 and brought up a page showing that the expected life of the laptop battery is 2.5 years; what the salesperson didn't bring up from his online "research" findings was that the cost of the online battery is only around $90. Salespeople at HN are vey pushy on the aftercare plan and I am suspecting this is where their best margins are at. I'm also aware of retail margins and I do sincerely doubt the salesperson claim that the price I got for the laptop (77% of the retail price) was "below cost". I don't expect to get a product at below cost so why the need to lie?

Store LocationAspley
Berlin-George
Berlin-George

Had many purchases within the past 20 years from their Whangarei store.

Bought Computer, Photo, Electronics.
After having been caught with some very poor quality items from their furniture department in recent years, I have stopped visiting Harvey Norman

Store LocationWhangarei, Northland, NZ
Melissa
MelissaNorth Western Region, NSW

Poorly excuse for a Harvey Norman store

Store LocationYoung NSW

Mu T.
Mu T.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dandenong store laptop section staff too hard sell

I bought a laptop, the staff kept persuading me to buy their product care although he offered quite attractive price. I was still very polite to him but actually I felt very annoyed. When I asked him about refund policy, he avoided answering and kept on talking about the product care insurance. Next time, I will go to other stores.

Store LocationDandenong
Product PurchasedAcer swift
Kurt
KurtSydney Surrounds, NSW

Long wait

Waited around 15 minutes to be served by someone. Eventually I was assisted and the assistance was fantastic from that point onwards. Friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely go back for any electronic needs.

Store LocationFyshwick
Product PurchasedASUS ZenBook 15 UX534FTC

Selling underspeced items!!

Bough a Lenovo idea centre 27 at hoppers crossing store. Specs were i7, 1Tb harddrive with windows home for $2600. After coming home while registering the product the warranty it showed for 9 months only. Also the same product listed on Lenovo.com for less price and also the spec was 1Tb +2b hard drive with windows professional. basically looks like Harvey norman is underspecing the items and then selling for higher price. Not happy with the purchase!!

Store LocationHoopers crossing

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs
Paige C.
Paige C.

Knowledgeable and friendly staff

Staff at the store was approachable ,e and friendly, answered any questions or concerns that I had in relation to recent laptop purchase. Downside was the amount of upwelling that went on until I could take my item to the register. Other than that was great service and great products

Harold Bish
Harold BishNicholls 2913, ACT

all round good but expensive

i love coming here its a great shop, the staff are always good and the range is great but the prices are what kills me. i get confused when prices are 20% others.

Store LocationFyshwick

Rico
RicoPerth, WA

Just sales. No interest in after sales service!!

HARVEY NORMAN I bought a $2000 plus laptop and whilst I was contemplating which one the sales staff were highly attentive and sold me extra programs and hardware etc. One week later I returned as I wasn’t familiar with the software and they were too busy to help me. I tried once more and got brushed off with minimal effort.

Store LocationCannington WA
Product PurchasedLenovo Yoga 720
MERS
MERSHobart, TAS

Sales Girl Poonam - Aggressive sales tactic

At Hobart Store. Poonam spent an hour with aggressive sales tactic - pressured to get product care with scare tactics & promises. Once $3,400 was paid it took 4 trips to get everything!!! Disappointed!

Store LocationHobart
TLee
TLeeVictoria

Went to buy an iphone with cash but couldn't

I went to my local harvey norman and asked if i could purchase an iphone with Cash and they said no! i had to be on a plan if i wanted an iphone! this is silly

Store Locationbendigo

Eugene Z.
Eugene Z.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad Customer Service

Store LocationHarvey Norman Nunawading

Right direction

staff recommended me to go to service station and to pay for the inspection of appliance which is already under warranty, wrong guidance. Liverpool Harvey is willing to replace product straight away.

Store LocationMoss Vale
Craig Morrison
Craig MorrisonGreat Southern, WA

A shame they think they are Car Salesman

Went looking for a more than basic Laptop computer had a lot of questions, which a Junior Staffer was handling, we opted to keep looking, he went away to serve another customer. We then had decided on our purchase and was waiting for him, when a senior staffer came over & took over, and when the Junior Staffer returned, he waived him away, and he looked not happy. This left a very sour taste in our mouths and within an hour of purchasing wished we had rejected the senior staffer, and waited until the Junior was ready, but the Senior was very intimidating & also towards the Junior Staffer. Very poor, and feel will not use Harvey Norman again, if this is how staff are treated.

Store LocationCannington WA