Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

2.3 from 1,450 reviews

1.2

• Return Claim MadeYes (44) · No
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (17) · No (20)

siddhartha v.

siddhartha v.Sydney, NSW

Hidden Information

Store LocationCastle Hill
Product PurchasedArlo Pro 2 wireless cameras
yellowbeans

yellowbeansGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cannot return faulty item

Purchased a LIFEPROOF phone case. The rubber edge was coming off. I brought it back to the store for an exchange/refund. The store deemed it as wear and tear. The rubber band on the edge serves as functional, not decorative. Staff told me that they can process a warranty claim but unsure of results from LIFEPROOF - they may refund, they may dismiss. Also told me that the claims of higher value are more of a priority than a $60 phone case, and that it can take time, so I am better off contacting them myself. Another store was willing to refund. The franchise's do things under their discretion and there is no consistency in their policies.

Store LocationMelbourne, QV.
Kirby Leeke

Kirby LeekeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Salesman

Store was well laid out, with plenty of products to sample/review. I went into the store to buy a different product, but the salesman showed me advantages of the alternative I actually did buy.

Store LocationMaroochydore
Product PurchasedAsus ZenBook

Electronics & Computing Shops

The company is not responsible for their customer especially the after sales services

Store LocationIPC Harvey Norman
Matt

MattPerth

Terrible customer service experience - very stressful

• +6
Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product PurchasedSamsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1"
Melanie

MelanieGippsland, VIC

Horrible service bad product

We purchased a top of the line vacuum from Harvey Norman 7 mths ago . It’s broken three times been away to be repaired more than it’s been here . This time away 5 weeks ! We call they can’t tell us a thing about it . Last time it broke they super glued it and made us wait 2 weeks to get it ! The worst customer service ever I highly recommend never shopping there we can’t get our money back it’s going to ACCC now all we wanted was a refund to buy a vacuum that actually works !!!

Store LocationHarvey Norman sale Victoria
Product PurchasedLg vacuum
Consumer05

Consumer05SYDNEY

Try to Return Something

I purchased an electronics item and later found that it wasn't compatible with my device and tried to return it. The item was unopened and I had the receipt from the previous day. I was bounced from one person to another who had their own processes until I had enough. I ended up giving it away to a friend.

Store LocationBondi

Helen S

Helen SCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Lied to about available software

I was sold expensive antivirus software when I bought a laptop. Was told it wasn't available for just one device when it is. Also wasn't told about less expensive Office option. Was fobbed off when I complained.

I believe these lies and subterfuge are caused by low hourly rates and a dependance on commissions. I put my trust in the sales person. Never again and never again at Harvey Norman.

Store LocationBendigo, Victoria
rejo g.

rejo g.

Excelent

I always but at Harvey and their extra cover looks after u well. all these years they have been good at service. I recently bought a fridge their service have to

Store LocationHorsham

cam

camGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not purchase extended warranty

Honest reviewer

Honest reviewerMky Qld

HUGE SCAM

computer breaks, you take it in to computer service section, its under extended warranty, we will send it away for you, they send it away ,, after a couple of weeks !! one month later I get a call from Melbourne, you need xyz parts, but we can replace it on warranty, no I want my computer back fixed..... 4 days later its going to take another 3 weeks for your parts would you like a credit and get a replacement computer, no, get the parts I want my computer back,,,,, was I alone, talking at work ,, same story for others, so they get you to ditch your old computer, get another one,, and get another freeking warranty,,,,, bad bad people,,, mine is in mackay qld

Store Locationmackay harvey norman
Product Purchasedasus computer

Liars

Store LocationOsborne Park
jimmy m

jimmy mSydney, NSW

extended warranty / product care is an absolute waste of money

bought a microsoft laptop, I paid extra for the extended warranty saying the manufactures warranty only covers me for 12 months. The device became faulty after 14 months. Contacted Harvey Norman and they said they'd need the computer for a week to two weeks and that I'd be without it and no loan computer could be supplied. This is unacceptable as I use the computer for work. I called Microsoft and they said I'm still covered under the manufacturers warranty (2 years) and they're sending me a new one free of charge. Extended warranty is a rort and I'm going to ask for a refund on it the absolute scammers

Store LocationBondi Junction
Product PurchasedMicrosoft Surface Pro
OnlineShopper11

OnlineShopper11Toowoomba, Queensland

Product Care Warranty - Don't fall for it!

Store LocationToowoomba
rednuts81

rednuts81South East Queensland, QLD

Scam product care

Returned faulty goods under product care was told on the spot that it will be covered fully. Returned after a 4 week wait to pick up the item and was told I'd have to pay extra money because when i bought the item it was on sale . I wanted a cash settlement instead but apparently they dont do this at this store . Rude staff that have no clue at all.

Store LocationRockhampton

Wsssup

WsssupGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not so much Care in Product Care

Lena H.

Lena H.Tasmania

Disappointed and disgruntled by poor customer service

Store Locationdevonport
Product PurchasedGoogle Chromecast Ultra
Chatha

ChathaPerth, WA

Their product care warranty is a kind of a scam

Socks

SocksPerth, WA

Customer Service Poor, no ambition to be the best.

Store LocationMalaga
Product PurchasedLenovo Yoga 530
Alastair Gillingham

Alastair GillinghamPerth, WA

Shame on you Harvey Norman sales assistant no better than used car salesperson (Honesty is the best policy)

Store LocationMidland Store