Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

• Return Claim MadeYes (60) · No
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (24) · No (26)

Discerning penguin

Discerning penguinVictoria

Refused to provide a refund for a falsely advertised item

Store LocationHighpoint
Rose G.

Rose G.

Goulburn NSW Store - Superb Customer Service

I purchase a Waccom tablet online, recieved the item three months later, sadly was faulty, Harvey Norman Online customer service extremely poor and you are required to submit your online enquiry through an online bot replys to email extremely slow (week later) Staff from the Harvey Norman Store Goulburn NSW came to the rescue and we got a replacement tablet so quick and seamlessly. I will not purchase through Harvey Norman online again, I am going straight to the store.

Store LocationGoulburn NSW 2580
Product PurchasedWaccon Tablet 16"
Papasita

Papasita

Useless tech service

Store LocationWarrawong

MarcoFar North Queensland, QLD

Cairns store

on the 26/11 I brought online the JBL Flip5, I collected it at Harvey Norman Cairns - 101 Spence St, and when I got home, I opened the product, it was supposed to be black as I ordered online but it was a green unit, the colour actually did not bothered me but after using it, every 45 minutes - 1 hours, it disconnects from the Bluetooth (mobile phone or laptop) so on the 27/11 I tried returning it and got informed from an employee [Name Removed] (apparently the manager) that he could not refund me as the product is not the same colour as it should be, his worlds were "I can do nothing as this is not the product we gave to you".

It has been 3 weeks now and not a single email or phone call about it.
Terrible customer service.

Store LocationCairns - QLD
Product PurchasedJBL Flip 5
Marco

trying support via customer service (whatsapp and messenger and phone) for a week and not a single person helped or replied to me.

ant

ant

Poor customer service

My friend purchased a modem. I looked at the box, ( unopened) and I felt it was a lower quality modem and decided to return it for a better model. Refused to take it back. Refused to let me upgrade. Just overall not nice person . Lesson learner, buy somewhere else.

Store LocationMelbourne
billiejoe1987

billiejoe1987Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Shoutout to Harvey Norman Erina

Anytime I have dealt with Harvey Norman Erina they have been fantastic and my latest example is no different. I've bought and returned 2 LG OLED's which have been faulty with screen issues and each time Harvey Norman without much fuss have organised a new TV to be delivered to me the next day.

Obviously these issues shouldn't happen at all (But this is LG's fault for a $4,000 TV not Harvey Norman's), but the fact the store treats the customer well and has their back is all you could ask for. I had a similar issue with a similarly priced TV 3 years ago at Bing Lee and received no help at all even from head office, so I appreciate good service when I get it.

Store LocationErina

Product PurchasedScreen
Roksana

RoksanaSydney, NSW

Worst experience with Harvey Norman after sales service

Convinced by Harvey Norman to buy a Laptop with Flexi Care cover from Campbelltown store. Launched a Claim in June but no co-operation from them.
Never buy anything from them!

Store LocationCampbelltown, NSW
Product PurchasedHP Pavilion x360

Blur

BlurAdelaide

HP Envy Laptop & Product Care - Beware All

Bought a HP Envy Laptop 14 months ago with Product Care.
Whole base of keyboard bowed that snapped the hinges.. clearly something difficult to do.
Product Care knocked back the claim saying this was from being dropped..really - how can I possibly bend the steel !!! Looking at HP reviews - heaps of issue around heat. (of course denied by Product care !)
Dont waste your mopney with this laptop or purchasing product care ... what a joke, just looking to reject a claim on a 2k laptop. Having purchased a significant amount of goods from this store for home & buisness - diabolical customer service

Store LocationMarion

Ruth SerhanHunter Region, NSW

Lenova ideaPad S340-OP Computer with Microsoft Office

WARNING BEWARE WHEN PURCHASING a Lenova computer with Microsoft Office . I have returned this DEVICE THREE times for repair, its still not fixed. They blame Microsoft Office which was purchased through them, Word and Outlook CANNOT BE USED, they wont do anything about that despite us also having purchased "36 months Product Care Replace" Care No:PC-0103100947328. EXPIRY 29/04/2024.
Hopefully this is NOT THE END.

Store LocationBennetts Green Harvey Norman
Product PurchasedLenova ideaPad S340-OP Computer with Microsoft Office
Ruth Serhan

I have spoken to James the store manager and he is going to replace our computer and fix the problem . He couldn’t be more helpful.

Darren J

Darren JGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lenovo Chromebook C340 - Buyer beware

I purchased two of these for my kids today via click and collect from harvery norman Maribyrnong. Opened the box and one had a smashed screen and body was bent. Took it back to the shop and they refused to exchange. They said because the box wasn't damaged it not their fault. They called back and said Lenovo wont give a refund either because they say every item checked before it leaves the production facility..... (not their fault they say)
They simply refuse to refund or exchange even when we called them minutes after being handed the box.

I had no choice but to buy another one and they said take the issue to the ACCC

What customer service that is!

Store LocationMaribyrnong
Product PurchasedLenovo C340 Chromebook
Darb1974

Darb1974Perth, WA

Surface Pro Cover

Don't attempt to return anything or you maybe labelled a liar! Unbelievable. I tried and was told that I must bring in all my equipment to prove that what I was saying was accurate. Never I have ever felt such criticism from a store. Never I have ever felt the need to pen a review due to such poor behaviour and customer service. You can be sure I will be taking my custom elsewhere. I would urge others to do likewise as you only know the level of service when things go sideways and you need to return to receive a replacement or store credit.

Store LocationOsborne Park
Product PurchasedSurface Pro Cover
SavyChap

SavyChapSydney, NSW

Difficult to deal with and a returns policy that is just ridiculous!

Digital S.

Digital S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible Customer Service Don’t go to Dandenong Store

Bought a security system and tried to refund it as I got a staff discount. I got told that I can’t refund at Harvey Norman for change of mind. terrible customer service at Dandenong store

Store LocationDandenong Victoria
Pendo W

Pendo WNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Refused to honor Legal warranty even with receipt after 8 mths!!!!!

Have bought from local HN before, ideally so that if something went wrong, I could bring the product back without issue. After todays rude and unhelpful experience with "Mark" at Burnie store, I will shop with EBAY!

Store LocationBurnie

B.P.M

B.P.M

Bought a TV from Harvey Norman but received a faulty product.

Bought a brand new TV from Harvey Norman but the TV I received it was faulty and Harvey Norman refused to replace item despite being legally obligated to do so.

Store LocationHoppers Crossing VIC

Product PurchasedArlo Pro 2 wireless cameras
yellowbeans

yellowbeansGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cannot return faulty item

Purchased a LIFEPROOF phone case. The rubber edge was coming off. I brought it back to the store for an exchange/refund. The store deemed it as wear and tear. The rubber band on the edge serves as functional, not decorative. Staff told me that they can process a warranty claim but unsure of results from LIFEPROOF - they may refund, they may dismiss. Also told me that the claims of higher value are more of a priority than a $60 phone case, and that it can take time, so I am better off contacting them myself. Another store was willing to refund. The franchise's do things under their discretion and there is no consistency in their policies.

Store LocationMelbourne, QV.
Kirby Leeke

Kirby LeekeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Salesman

Store was well laid out, with plenty of products to sample/review. I went into the store to buy a different product, but the salesman showed me advantages of the alternative I actually did buy.

Store LocationMaroochydore
Product PurchasedAsus ZenBook

The company is not responsible for their customer especially the after sales services

Store LocationIPC Harvey Norman