Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

2.3 from 1,470 reviews

1.2

• Return Claim MadeYes (51) · No
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (19) · No (24)

Ruth SerhanHunter Region, NSW

Lenova ideaPad S340-OP Computer with Microsoft Office

WARNING BEWARE WHEN PURCHASING a Lenova computer with Microsoft Office . I have returned this DEVICE THREE times for repair, its still not fixed. They blame Microsoft Office which was purchased through them, Word and Outlook CANNOT BE USED, they wont do anything about that despite us also having purchased "36 months Product Care Replace" Care No:PC-0103100947328. EXPIRY 29/04/2024.
Hopefully this is NOT THE END.

Store LocationBennetts Green Harvey Norman
Product PurchasedLenova ideaPad S340-OP Computer with Microsoft Office
Ruth Serhan

I have spoken to James the store manager and he is going to replace our computer and fix the problem . He couldn’t be more helpful.

Darren J

Darren JGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lenovo Chromebook C340 - Buyer beware

I purchased two of these for my kids today via click and collect from harvery norman Maribyrnong. Opened the box and one had a smashed screen and body was bent. Took it back to the shop and they refused to exchange. They said because the box wasn't damaged it not their fault. They called back and said Lenovo wont give a refund either because they say every item checked before it leaves the production facility..... (not their fault they say)
They simply refuse to refund or exchange even when we called them minutes after being handed the box.

I had no choice but to buy another one and they said take the issue to the ACCC

What customer service that is!

Store LocationMaribyrnong
Product PurchasedLenovo C340 Chromebook
Darb1974

Darb1974Perth, WA

Surface Pro Cover

Don't attempt to return anything or you maybe labelled a liar! Unbelievable. I tried and was told that I must bring in all my equipment to prove that what I was saying was accurate. Never I have ever felt such criticism from a store. Never I have ever felt the need to pen a review due to such poor behaviour and customer service. You can be sure I will be taking my custom elsewhere. I would urge others to do likewise as you only know the level of service when things go sideways and you need to return to receive a replacement or store credit.

Store LocationOsborne Park
Product PurchasedSurface Pro Cover

SavyChap

SavyChapSydney, NSW

Difficult to deal with and a returns policy that is just ridiculous!

Digital S.

Digital S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible Customer Service Don’t go to Dandenong Store

Bought a security system and tried to refund it as I got a staff discount. I got told that I can’t refund at Harvey Norman for change of mind. terrible customer service at Dandenong store

Store LocationDandenong Victoria
Pendo W

Pendo WNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Refused to honor Legal warranty even with receipt after 8 mths!!!!!

Have bought from local HN before, ideally so that if something went wrong, I could bring the product back without issue. After todays rude and unhelpful experience with "Mark" at Burnie store, I will shop with EBAY!

Store LocationBurnie
B.P.M

B.P.M

Bought a TV from Harvey Norman but received a faulty product.

Bought a brand new TV from Harvey Norman but the TV I received it was faulty and Harvey Norman refused to replace item despite being legally obligated to do so.

Store LocationHoppers Crossing VIC

Product PurchasedArlo Pro 2 wireless cameras
yellowbeans

yellowbeansGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cannot return faulty item

Purchased a LIFEPROOF phone case. The rubber edge was coming off. I brought it back to the store for an exchange/refund. The store deemed it as wear and tear. The rubber band on the edge serves as functional, not decorative. Staff told me that they can process a warranty claim but unsure of results from LIFEPROOF - they may refund, they may dismiss. Also told me that the claims of higher value are more of a priority than a $60 phone case, and that it can take time, so I am better off contacting them myself. Another store was willing to refund. The franchise's do things under their discretion and there is no consistency in their policies.

Store LocationMelbourne, QV.

Kirby Leeke

Kirby LeekeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Salesman

Store was well laid out, with plenty of products to sample/review. I went into the store to buy a different product, but the salesman showed me advantages of the alternative I actually did buy.

Store LocationMaroochydore
Product PurchasedAsus ZenBook

The company is not responsible for their customer especially the after sales services

Store LocationIPC Harvey Norman
Matt

MattPerth

Terrible customer service experience - very stressful

• +6
Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product PurchasedSamsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1"
Melanie

MelanieGippsland, VIC

Horrible service bad product

We purchased a top of the line vacuum from Harvey Norman 7 mths ago . It’s broken three times been away to be repaired more than it’s been here . This time away 5 weeks ! We call they can’t tell us a thing about it . Last time it broke they super glued it and made us wait 2 weeks to get it ! The worst customer service ever I highly recommend never shopping there we can’t get our money back it’s going to ACCC now all we wanted was a refund to buy a vacuum that actually works !!!

Store LocationHarvey Norman sale Victoria
Product PurchasedLg vacuum
Consumer05

Consumer05SYDNEY

Try to Return Something

I purchased an electronics item and later found that it wasn't compatible with my device and tried to return it. The item was unopened and I had the receipt from the previous day. I was bounced from one person to another who had their own processes until I had enough. I ended up giving it away to a friend.

Store LocationBondi

Helen S

Helen SCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Lied to about available software

I was sold expensive antivirus software when I bought a laptop. Was told it wasn't available for just one device when it is. Also wasn't told about less expensive Office option. Was fobbed off when I complained.

I believe these lies and subterfuge are caused by low hourly rates and a dependance on commissions. I put my trust in the sales person. Never again and never again at Harvey Norman.

Store LocationBendigo, Victoria

rejo g.

rejo g.

Excelent

I always but at Harvey and their extra cover looks after u well. all these years they have been good at service. I recently bought a fridge their service have to

Store LocationHorsham
cam

camGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not purchase extended warranty

Honest reviewer

Honest reviewerMky Qld

HUGE SCAM

computer breaks, you take it in to computer service section, its under extended warranty, we will send it away for you, they send it away ,, after a couple of weeks !! one month later I get a call from Melbourne, you need xyz parts, but we can replace it on warranty, no I want my computer back fixed..... 4 days later its going to take another 3 weeks for your parts would you like a credit and get a replacement computer, no, get the parts I want my computer back,,,,, was I alone, talking at work ,, same story for others, so they get you to ditch your old computer, get another one,, and get another freeking warranty,,,,, bad bad people,,, mine is in mackay qld

Store Locationmackay harvey norman
Product Purchasedasus computer

Liars

Store LocationOsborne Park
jimmy m

jimmy mSydney, NSW

extended warranty / product care is an absolute waste of money

bought a microsoft laptop, I paid extra for the extended warranty saying the manufactures warranty only covers me for 12 months. The device became faulty after 14 months. Contacted Harvey Norman and they said they'd need the computer for a week to two weeks and that I'd be without it and no loan computer could be supplied. This is unacceptable as I use the computer for work. I called Microsoft and they said I'm still covered under the manufacturers warranty (2 years) and they're sending me a new one free of charge. Extended warranty is a rort and I'm going to ask for a refund on it the absolute scammers

Store LocationBondi Junction