Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

2.3 from 1,470 reviews

1.3

• Return Claim MadeYes (24) · No
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes · No (24)
Darb1974

Darb1974Perth, WA

Surface Pro Cover

Don't attempt to return anything or you maybe labelled a liar! Unbelievable. I tried and was told that I must bring in all my equipment to prove that what I was saying was accurate. Never I have ever felt such criticism from a store. Never I have ever felt the need to pen a review due to such poor behaviour and customer service. You can be sure I will be taking my custom elsewhere. I would urge others to do likewise as you only know the level of service when things go sideways and you need to return to receive a replacement or store credit.

Store LocationOsborne Park
Product PurchasedSurface Pro Cover
SavyChap

SavyChapSydney, NSW

Difficult to deal with and a returns policy that is just ridiculous!

Digital S.

Digital S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible Customer Service Don’t go to Dandenong Store

Bought a security system and tried to refund it as I got a staff discount. I got told that I can’t refund at Harvey Norman for change of mind. terrible customer service at Dandenong store

Store LocationDandenong Victoria

Pendo W

Pendo WNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Refused to honor Legal warranty even with receipt after 8 mths!!!!!

Have bought from local HN before, ideally so that if something went wrong, I could bring the product back without issue. After todays rude and unhelpful experience with "Mark" at Burnie store, I will shop with EBAY!

Store LocationBurnie
Kirby Leeke

Kirby LeekeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Salesman

Store was well laid out, with plenty of products to sample/review. I went into the store to buy a different product, but the salesman showed me advantages of the alternative I actually did buy.

Store LocationMaroochydore
Product PurchasedAsus ZenBook

The company is not responsible for their customer especially the after sales services

Store LocationIPC Harvey Norman
Consumer05

Consumer05SYDNEY

Try to Return Something

I purchased an electronics item and later found that it wasn't compatible with my device and tried to return it. The item was unopened and I had the receipt from the previous day. I was bounced from one person to another who had their own processes until I had enough. I ended up giving it away to a friend.

Store LocationBondi

Helen S

Helen SCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Lied to about available software

I was sold expensive antivirus software when I bought a laptop. Was told it wasn't available for just one device when it is. Also wasn't told about less expensive Office option. Was fobbed off when I complained.

I believe these lies and subterfuge are caused by low hourly rates and a dependance on commissions. I put my trust in the sales person. Never again and never again at Harvey Norman.

Store LocationBendigo, Victoria
cam

camGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not purchase extended warranty

jimmy m

jimmy mSydney, NSW

extended warranty / product care is an absolute waste of money

bought a microsoft laptop, I paid extra for the extended warranty saying the manufactures warranty only covers me for 12 months. The device became faulty after 14 months. Contacted Harvey Norman and they said they'd need the computer for a week to two weeks and that I'd be without it and no loan computer could be supplied. This is unacceptable as I use the computer for work. I called Microsoft and they said I'm still covered under the manufacturers warranty (2 years) and they're sending me a new one free of charge. Extended warranty is a rort and I'm going to ask for a refund on it the absolute scammers

Store LocationBondi Junction
Product PurchasedMicrosoft Surface Pro
rednuts81

rednuts81South East Queensland, QLD

Scam product care

Returned faulty goods under product care was told on the spot that it will be covered fully. Returned after a 4 week wait to pick up the item and was told I'd have to pay extra money because when i bought the item it was on sale . I wanted a cash settlement instead but apparently they dont do this at this store . Rude staff that have no clue at all.

Store LocationRockhampton
Lena H.

Lena H.Tasmania

Disappointed and disgruntled by poor customer service

Store Locationdevonport
Product PurchasedGoogle Chromecast Ultra
Alastair Gillingham

Alastair GillinghamPerth, WA

Shame on you Harvey Norman sales assistant no better than used car salesperson (Honesty is the best policy)

Store LocationMidland Store
Jared A

Jared AGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Misleading & Unprofessional Sales Staff

I had a phone slammed down on me by Matthew from the Harvey Norman Chadstone AV team & I had recieved misleading and flat out poor customer service from KChang. Beware of purchasing gifts for people from this store or trusting the sales staff on the floor as it may come back to bite you. It took me two emails, many whatsapp messages and two phone calls to finally obtain a refund from Anna the floor manager. The process was a lengthy waste of time.

Store LocationHarvey Norman Chadstone
Symon M.

Symon M.Sydney, NSW

Think very carefully when buying a gift

I recently purchased a laptop as a gift for my partner's birthday. I was quickly attended and staff was very helpful.
Unfortunately when I presented the gift to my partner for her birthday the next morning she said thank you but I really don't want a laptop you can take it back.
When I went to return it after many conversations with different levels of management they refused to give me a refund on the pretense that they do not have to refund if u change your mind. I said I hadn't changed my mind it was an unwanted gift...
Currently waiting for reply from acc.
Be careful at Xmas people they don't refund unwanted gifts.

Store LocationCastelhill

Tugba

TugbaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Impossible to exchange faulty products!!!

Harvey Norman is hopeless at returns. For a faulty mouse, they made us run around to different stores for an exchange. Customer service was poor and not friendly. I was made left feeling guilty for returning a faulty product. Finally, the Harvery Norman store at Springvale exchanged it for us after a day of failed attempts.

Store LocationSpringvale, Dandenong
Product PurchasedLogitech MX 518 Optical Gaming Mouse
Hugh McGarry

Hugh McGarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Harvey Norman Noosa - Dreadful Refund Policy and Experience

My wife recently in good faith and following consultation by an attendant bought an expensive ($79) charger for her camera battery. It does not work as described and they have refused to refund or provide a credit. Have been a customer for over 10 years and spent thousands of dollars. Never again.

Store LocationNoosa
Product PurchasedBattery charger
david cook

david cook

Terrible treatment

I purchased a New 200 $ Navman From Harvey Norman Gold Coast,had it a week, was travelling back towards Tasmania, when it failed to turn on ,Called into Harvey Norman Coffs Harbour to exchange it , the Manager said I would need to get the Maps updated at a cost of 35 $ or they would have a look at it and a fee would be charged if they could not find a fault , I find this terrible service ,why would they not just exchange it ,The extra warranty didn’t apply ,so walked out with a faulty Navman No more Harvey Norman Products will I purchase

Store LocationCoffs Harbour
Kerri F

Kerri FSunshine coast

Terrible service

Store LocationHarvey Norman Maroochydore
Product PurchasedHP Spectre 13 Pro
David Armstrong

David ArmstrongMelbourne

Worst customer service ever experienced

Salesperson gave incorrect billing information and product specifications when selling me Optus products. Response was very poor, store manager offered me no compensation at first, could not care less about my financial hardship due to poor salesperson.

Ended up offering me a free tablet case as compo once I escalated the complaint. My wife arrived to select a case as discussed. Offered me a cheap and nasty phone case which I had no choice to accept. No offer to cancel Optus plan or adjust the plan, belittled me and clearly failed to comprehend the complexity of the problems that have arisen from the salesperson’s mistakes.

Terrible store with awful customer service, AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

Store LocationFountain Gate