Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics (page 2 of 3)

• Return Claim MadeYes (55) · No
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (24) · No (24)

Melanie

MelanieGippsland, VIC

Horrible service bad product

We purchased a top of the line vacuum from Harvey Norman 7 mths ago . It’s broken three times been away to be repaired more than it’s been here . This time away 5 weeks ! We call they can’t tell us a thing about it . Last time it broke they super glued it and made us wait 2 weeks to get it ! The worst customer service ever I highly recommend never shopping there we can’t get our money back it’s going to ACCC now all we wanted was a refund to buy a vacuum that actually works !!!

Store LocationHarvey Norman sale Victoria
Product PurchasedLg vacuum
Consumer05

Consumer05SYDNEY

Try to Return Something

I purchased an electronics item and later found that it wasn't compatible with my device and tried to return it. The item was unopened and I had the receipt from the previous day. I was bounced from one person to another who had their own processes until I had enough. I ended up giving it away to a friend.

Store LocationBondi

Helen S

Helen SCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Lied to about available software

I was sold expensive antivirus software when I bought a laptop. Was told it wasn't available for just one device when it is. Also wasn't told about less expensive Office option. Was fobbed off when I complained.

I believe these lies and subterfuge are caused by low hourly rates and a dependance on commissions. I put my trust in the sales person. Never again and never again at Harvey Norman.

Store LocationBendigo, Victoria

cam

camGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not purchase extended warranty

Honest reviewer

Honest reviewerMky Qld

HUGE SCAM

computer breaks, you take it in to computer service section, its under extended warranty, we will send it away for you, they send it away ,, after a couple of weeks !! one month later I get a call from Melbourne, you need xyz parts, but we can replace it on warranty, no I want my computer back fixed..... 4 days later its going to take another 3 weeks for your parts would you like a credit and get a replacement computer, no, get the parts I want my computer back,,,,, was I alone, talking at work ,, same story for others, so they get you to ditch your old computer, get another one,, and get another freeking warranty,,,,, bad bad people,,, mine is in mackay qld

Store Locationmackay harvey norman
Product Purchasedasus computer

Liars

Store LocationOsborne Park
jimmy m

jimmy mSydney, NSW

extended warranty / product care is an absolute waste of money

bought a microsoft laptop, I paid extra for the extended warranty saying the manufactures warranty only covers me for 12 months. The device became faulty after 14 months. Contacted Harvey Norman and they said they'd need the computer for a week to two weeks and that I'd be without it and no loan computer could be supplied. This is unacceptable as I use the computer for work. I called Microsoft and they said I'm still covered under the manufacturers warranty (2 years) and they're sending me a new one free of charge. Extended warranty is a rort and I'm going to ask for a refund on it the absolute scammers

Store LocationBondi Junction
Product PurchasedMicrosoft Surface Pro
OnlineShopper11

OnlineShopper11South East Queensland, QLD

Product Care Warranty - Don't fall for it!

Store LocationToowoomba
rednuts81

rednuts81South East Queensland, QLD

Scam product care

Returned faulty goods under product care was told on the spot that it will be covered fully. Returned after a 4 week wait to pick up the item and was told I'd have to pay extra money because when i bought the item it was on sale . I wanted a cash settlement instead but apparently they dont do this at this store . Rude staff that have no clue at all.

Store LocationRockhampton

Lena H.

Lena H.Tasmania

Disappointed and disgruntled by poor customer service

Store Locationdevonport
Product PurchasedGoogle Chromecast Ultra
Chatha

ChathaPerth, WA

Their product care warranty is a kind of a scam

Socks

SocksPerth, WA

Customer Service Poor, no ambition to be the best.

Store LocationMalaga
Product PurchasedLenovo Yoga 530
Alastair Gillingham

Alastair GillinghamPerth, WA

Shame on you Harvey Norman sales assistant no better than used car salesperson (Honesty is the best policy)

Store LocationMidland Store
Santosh

SantoshAdelaide

Never go for it. Submitted a claim more than a month ago but still haven't heard anything.

When I purchased a product, I was said to get instant replacement. Submitted the claim on Harvey Norman store Marion more than a month ago but haven't heard anything back. Store doesn't take any responsibilities about the process. Be aware of their sales techniques, doesn't really worth paying extra for product care scam.

Product PurchasedSamsung Gear S3 Frontier
Liz

LizSydney, NSW

Bad advice and a battle to get guaranteed refund

The tech salesperson at Harvey Norman recommended a particular computer virus software with a 30 day money back guarantee. The instructions I was given to install the software didn’t work, I was on the phone to India for a long time trying to get help (they wanted to charge me extra) and when I asked for my money back at Harvey Norman they refused! Should have gone to Good Guys!

Store LocationSupa Centre

Jared A

Jared AGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Misleading & Unprofessional Sales Staff

I had a phone slammed down on me by Matthew from the Harvey Norman Chadstone AV team & I had recieved misleading and flat out poor customer service from KChang. Beware of purchasing gifts for people from this store or trusting the sales staff on the floor as it may come back to bite you. It took me two emails, many whatsapp messages and two phone calls to finally obtain a refund from Anna the floor manager. The process was a lengthy waste of time.

Store LocationHarvey Norman Chadstone
Tugba

TugbaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Impossible to exchange faulty products!!!

Harvey Norman is hopeless at returns. For a faulty mouse, they made us run around to different stores for an exchange. Customer service was poor and not friendly. I was made left feeling guilty for returning a faulty product. Finally, the Harvery Norman store at Springvale exchanged it for us after a day of failed attempts.

Store LocationSpringvale, Dandenong
Product PurchasedLogitech MX 518 Optical Gaming Mouse
Hugh McGarry

Hugh McGarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Harvey Norman Noosa - Dreadful Refund Policy and Experience

My wife recently in good faith and following consultation by an attendant bought an expensive ($79) charger for her camera battery. It does not work as described and they have refused to refund or provide a credit. Have been a customer for over 10 years and spent thousands of dollars. Never again.

Store LocationNoosa
Product PurchasedBattery charger
Lisa P

Lisa PHobart, TAS

2 Major failures $3000 dollars down the drain and Harvey Norman does not care

Bought 2 Lenovo laptops $3000 approx 15 mths later they are both bricks and Harvey Norman says too bad. Not our problem. $3000 bricks I think constitute major failures. Heading to JB Hi Fi - they actually care!

Store LocationMoohna Tasmania
david cook

david cook

Terrible treatment

I purchased a New 200 $ Navman From Harvey Norman Gold Coast,had it a week, was travelling back towards Tasmania, when it failed to turn on ,Called into Harvey Norman Coffs Harbour to exchange it , the Manager said I would need to get the Maps updated at a cost of 35 $ or they would have a look at it and a fee would be charged if they could not find a fault , I find this terrible service ,why would they not just exchange it ,The extra warranty didn’t apply ,so walked out with a faulty Navman No more Harvey Norman Products will I purchase

Store LocationCoffs Harbour