Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics (page 3 of 4)

• Return Claim MadeYes (62) · No
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (25) · No (27)

Jared A

Jared AGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Misleading & Unprofessional Sales Staff

I had a phone slammed down on me by Matthew from the Harvey Norman Chadstone AV team & I had recieved misleading and flat out poor customer service from KChang. Beware of purchasing gifts for people from this store or trusting the sales staff on the floor as it may come back to bite you. It took me two emails, many whatsapp messages and two phone calls to finally obtain a refund from Anna the floor manager. The process was a lengthy waste of time.

Symon M.

Symon M.Sydney, NSW

Think very carefully when buying a gift

I recently purchased a laptop as a gift for my partner's birthday. I was quickly attended and staff was very helpful.
Unfortunately when I presented the gift to my partner for her birthday the next morning she said thank you but I really don't want a laptop you can take it back.
When I went to return it after many conversations with different levels of management they refused to give me a refund on the pretense that they do not have to refund if u change your mind. I said I hadn't changed my mind it was an unwanted gift...
Currently waiting for reply from acc.
Be careful at Xmas people they don't refund unwanted gifts.

Tugba

TugbaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Impossible to exchange faulty products!!!

Harvey Norman is hopeless at returns. For a faulty mouse, they made us run around to different stores for an exchange. Customer service was poor and not friendly. I was made left feeling guilty for returning a faulty product. Finally, the Harvery Norman store at Springvale exchanged it for us after a day of failed attempts.

Hugh McGarry

Hugh McGarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Harvey Norman Noosa - Dreadful Refund Policy and Experience

My wife recently in good faith and following consultation by an attendant bought an expensive ($79) charger for her camera battery. It does not work as described and they have refused to refund or provide a credit. Have been a customer for over 10 years and spent thousands of dollars. Never again.

Lisa P

Lisa PHobart, TAS

2 Major failures $3000 dollars down the drain and Harvey Norman does not care

Bought 2 Lenovo laptops $3000 approx 15 mths later they are both bricks and Harvey Norman says too bad. Not our problem. $3000 bricks I think constitute major failures. Heading to JB Hi Fi - they actually care!

david cook

david cook

Terrible treatment

I purchased a New 200 $ Navman From Harvey Norman Gold Coast,had it a week, was travelling back towards Tasmania, when it failed to turn on ,Called into Harvey Norman Coffs Harbour to exchange it , the Manager said I would need to get the Maps updated at a cost of 35 $ or they would have a look at it and a fee would be charged if they could not find a fault , I find this terrible service ,why would they not just exchange it ,The extra warranty didn’t apply ,so walked out with a faulty Navman No more Harvey Norman Products will I purchase

Kerri F

Kerri FSunshine coast

Terrible service

David Armstrong

David ArmstrongMelbourne

Worst customer service ever experienced

Salesperson gave incorrect billing information and product specifications when selling me Optus products. Response was very poor, store manager offered me no compensation at first, could not care less about my financial hardship due to poor salesperson.

Ended up offering me a free tablet case as compo once I escalated the complaint. My wife arrived to select a case as discussed. Offered me a cheap and nasty phone case which I had no choice to accept. No offer to cancel Optus plan or adjust the plan, belittled me and clearly failed to comprehend the complexity of the problems that have arisen from the salesperson’s mistakes.

Terrible store with awful customer service, AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

Jay

JayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

HP Laptop warranty issue

We bought a HP 360 Laptop from Harvey Norman, Knox, Melbourne with an extended two years warranty. After four months we had some issues with this brand new laptop. When we took it to the Harvey Norman store, they refused to fix it free of cost and asked me to pay them $260. Even Manager was so rude and clearly told me that he is not sitting there to fix computers free of cost. I could not explain me about my warranty and rather kept telling me that he can not fix it without money and it will be my choice whether I want to go there or next. I found this whole HarveyNorman's warranty business as a scam and a scandal to rip off people's hard work and hard earned money. Very upsetting and disappointing Harvey Norman.

mdbrowne

mdbrowneSydney, NSW

Customer service was terrible from the Blacktown computer franchise manager whose name is Josh.

Totally disgusted with lack of customer service at Blacktown Harvey Norman Computer Store, refused to swap over items that were not required to more appropriate items, very bad customer service

ajm014

ajm014South East Queensland, QLD

Harvey Norman Rothwell moderate unflattering reviews that contain facts. They practice consumer unawareness.

Raymond

RaymondSouth East Queensland, QLD

Painfull return

VINCENT TRIPODI

VINCENT TRIPODIMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

POOR Customer Service a JOKE of a Care Plan... DISGUSTING

Directed at the Gepps Cross, SA store. Purchased Apple Watch, took out a product care plan for warranty as it apparently it covers all defaults, damages and software malfunction... ABSOLUTELY NOT! Does not cover damage at all, defaults are a question mark to and the sales rep told us it did... KNOW YOUR PRODUCTS! Took it back to get repaired, had to send to Apple, a fee was charged for Apple to look at it... THIS WAS NOT COMMUNICATED. Provide the facts of the care plan, communicate possibilities, don't lie to customers.

Ildelin K.

Ildelin K.Sydney, NSW

Harvey Norman Customer Service Appalling

Abbey

AbbeySouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgusting service

Thirteen

ThirteenSydney, NSW

Avoid electronics department at Mascot store

I purchased a fridge and washing machine from Harvey Norman Mascot, the fridge i refunded faulty after 3 weeks and washing machine had to be replaced after 5 weeks. I purchased a fridge at Harvey Norman Gordon and I received better customer service and quality product from them. I am still awaiting partial refund, 3 months after from Harvey Norman Mascot, each time i follow up and say they will call me back, i end up calling them back and repeating the same conversation again with no outcome.

Jessta

JesstaPerth, WA

Very poor customer service. Disgusting Treatment.

Pete

PeteEyre Peninsula, SA

Don't expect to be treated like a human

R Barnes

R BarnesSydney, NSW

very disappointing

Moore Park Staff were very rude ( including management ) , on two separate occasions ; will not back the warranty, give the Moore Park store a miss. Extended warranty , ( product care ) is a jock,,, and advised by their own tech guy , that we just go " round in circles " when claiming on warranty issues.

Nikki

Nikki

Absolutely No Help at All

Purchased a monitor and it packed up 3 months later. Took it back to Harvey Norman and they were no help at all, I would strongly recommend going somewhere else. Take your hard earned money and spend with a company that honours client loyalty. After 20 years and more than $20,000 spent goodbye Harvey Norman.